I this how I do it? Does my post look good in this?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by jinksy9 Star rating in Herefordshire. 5 posts Send private message

jinksy9´s avatar

Hi there,

Jane & John here.  We have an apartment on Playa Golf II, bought as an investment!!!  Conned or what???!!!!

OK, we've been ostritches, hiding from the reality of it all but we know we have to get to grips with it and now we've found EOS we feel we have the chance to make some positive progress.  Now we're looking forward to it again.

Have tried to add an avatar but couldn't get the file to upload, too big a file no matter how I tried.  Must find out what I'm doing wrong.  Not to worry - have found a better one and it's worked fine.

It says 'Parcela' beneath our username.  What does that mean?

This message was last edited by jinksy9 on 4/24/2009.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2009 11:01 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Welcome Jane & John

First of all have you looked at the Playa Golf II forum.  The Playa Golf II crowd are very helpful and  I am sure if you want some help & Advice EOS has a lot of very knowledgable posters. It takes a while to navigate yourself around but there is always someone somewhere who can help.

When you ask about the 'parcela' You will see that according to the amount of postings you make you will have:

1* is Parcela                                                         5***** is Adosado

2 ** is Studio                                                         6****** is Finca

3*** is Aparetmento                                            7 ******* is Villa

4 **** is Atico                                                         8 ******** is an awful lot of postings

Hopefully you will be able to make some friends and be able to pick up a lot of hints and tips.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 8:53 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Jinksy9

Welcome to EOS!

Nice pic, yes, your post does look good in this!

When you upload an avatar, or picture, use a website such as Photobucket.

Upload your picture/avatar to that site, then add a link on EOS to that picture/avatar.

There are instructions somewhere on EOS that maybe will explain it better than I have!

But for now, your picture is fine!

Enjoy the forum...................

kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 12:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hola Jane & John, welcome.

You asked about uploading an avatar that is obviously far too big for this forum in its current state. As you have realised you actually upload an avatar directly from your desktop but it needs to be the correct size.

Was the image you first chose animated, I wonder or just oversized ? You can resize animated ones (using Photobucket or another hosting site) then put the resized image back to your desktop & upload resized version from there to EOS. However, often it can still be oversized for avatar purposes though EOS are generous with 150 x 150 pixels, certain other forums only permit 90 x 90.

Just thought, you can go to this site http://resizepic.com/ & choose the maximum size EOS allows which is 150 x 150 pixels or 50.0 KB, whichever is smaller. So choose 150 x 150 or around that as not all are square then save it to your desktop. However, using this site it won't stay animated. 

Good luck. 

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 9:07 PM by jinksy9 Star rating in Herefordshire. 5 posts Send private message

jinksy9´s avatar

Thanks for the responses - much appreciated.

Thanks for the explanation about 'Parcela' Chrissie.  Yes, we have already viewed the Playa Golf II community forum and are in touch with some of the folks about our concerns and they've already been very helpful.

Thanks FibbyUK and morerosado for the info about images for avatars.  Although we've plenty of experience in some areas of IT and Internet we're not so hot with digital images and resizing/manipulating them for the web.  Think we'll stick with Bast for now but I'll check out the sites you've suggested too.  Thanks J&J

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A BIG THANK YOU ! To Sharon Wyndham and Smiley. - 5 posts
Information on Financial advisors in Spain - 1 posts
Driving updates and local Info - 1 posts
Free Information?? - 1 posts
Non Resident Tax Returns - 46 posts
A week in Almoradi - any must see's or do's in the surrounding area? - 6 posts
British women are the fattest in Europe - 4 posts
Cot Wanted - 0 posts
Have a look at this, just click on the airport & check flights, ingenious. - 0 posts
murica airport help please - 3 posts
Our AGM is June 1st: How do I go about 'suggesting' we have a new President ? - 8 posts
MUSTANG GT FOR SALE - 0 posts
Murcia Nightlife - 3 posts
Alcaucin - Illegal land development - 0 posts
What's for dinner tonight? - 3 posts
Free Beer - FREE car derived van (prefect runner) or it's being SCRAPPED :( - 2 posts
getting a Sky account via UK.......... - 20 posts
Mobile Internet (without contract) - 11 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - i am looking for interviewees ( think that 's how you spell it lol ) - 9 posts
Extension of UK furnished holiday lettings rules to EEA until 2010 - 4 posts
Andalucia in the Spanish Finals!! - 2 posts
Happy St Georges Day!!! - 8 posts
Saint George Feast in Spain - 8 posts
Difficulties with mortgage - 9 posts
SECOND.COMHAND CAR - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x