Free Beer - FREE car derived van (prefect runner) or it's being SCRAPPED :(

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by earthgecko Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi

This is one of the most bizarre things.  We are looking at giving away our van to anyone who needs a UK registered vehicle and is looking to go back to the UK by the 30th April.

It is a very hard decision, but the current economic climate has had an impact on our finances and it makes no sense for us to drive it back to the UK to MOT, tax and sell (and we cannot afford to really).  So....

We have decided that the most economical thing to do is SCRAP it :eek:

OR GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE!!!

We love our van :(

However, if there is some soul out there that it could help in some way.... please save our van!

She is a Vauxhall Astra Envoy 1600 diesel and a great little runner :(  She is anyone's for free that wants her.  Her tax expires on the 30th April.

It costs nothing to scrap here and having spoken to the scrapyard we have all the documents we need.... but... just because the credit crunch has severely limited our finances, I do not want to destroy our perfectly good car :(

No swaps/exchanges have been found.

Anyways......  if there is not anyone who needs her she will be killed next week :(

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 4:37 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

WOW!

I have a friend who is really struggling and urgently needs a little van. He asked me only yesterday to keep my eyes peeled for something for around £100 ! I told him he would be lucky to find anything that runs for that kind of money!

Maybe he will be lucky after all - where are you located? If you're not too far away I could probably give him a lift to collect it.

I don't think your pm facility will work yet but I will post his number here (with his permission) if it's still available ....

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 4/23/2009.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 4:55 PM by earthgecko Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Lizzie

I have PM'ed you my details!  :)  But we are MILES apart, you south and us north 80km south of Barcelona :(

This message was last edited by earthgecko on 4/23/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

getting a Sky account via UK.......... - 20 posts
Mobile Internet (without contract) - 11 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - i am looking for interviewees ( think that 's how you spell it lol ) - 9 posts
Extension of UK furnished holiday lettings rules to EEA until 2010 - 4 posts
Andalucia in the Spanish Finals!! - 2 posts
Happy St Georges Day!!! - 8 posts
Saint George Feast in Spain - 8 posts
Difficulties with mortgage - 9 posts
SECOND.COMHAND CAR - 0 posts
Removals,, need - 0 posts
Development declared illegal - 3 posts
Unanswered questions re move to Spain - 6 posts
Alistar has stitched us up like a kipper!! - 14 posts
residencia - 0 posts
Handing in the keys - 1 posts
I am writing this out of sheer frustration...... - 6 posts
Trampoline 12ft including protective netting + ladder brand new - 6 posts
Renting out a property - 7 posts
Renting out a propery - 8 posts
Ryanair..Have you booked a flight? - 3 posts
Warning! Beware of Autos Velerin in Estepona - 3 posts
Polaris World Terrazas de la Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Hi All - 1 posts
Anyone living on a mobile home site? - 1 posts
Can you transfer money ..... - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x