Mar Menor Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2007 11:25 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Gina

you're gonna have such fun getting your place sorted - your place in the sun!  Think the excitement of flying into Murcia has forced me to drink too much vino collapso!  Anyway - you'll have the rest of your life to catch up with people.   Enjoy !

J

Jane

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Jane,

I can't wait. It wasn't too bad going from Bristol to Murcia, but Cardiff is just tops. Just think save a fortune on airport parking in Bristol. Hoorah!!!!

P.S. Do you mean the football stadium in Santiago near the Dos for concerts?

Gina

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:39 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

I'll check to get exact location of stadium/concerts.  never see things advertised cos not there long enough - but the locals know - have lovely spanish friends in the area - long standing family friends for over 30 years - get to know lots.  Will post any info here.

j.

Jane

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:39 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:45 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi janice, know exactly what you mean. we have the same in reverse when flying from Bristol, but the opportunity for us in Wales to fly to Murcia from Cardiff is soooooooo brilliant.  no more nightmare motorway from Alicante south - terrific!  You're welcome to leave car here any time.

J

Jane

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:57 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:04 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

hi

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 2/22/2007.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:10 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:15 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Janice,

I tried to copy yours and paste but don't tell me I've got to get in that darn bucket again????? I don't like the bucket it scares me!!!!!  LOL

Gina

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 7:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi all,

How about starting a good restaurant guide for the area? What do you all think?

Gina

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 9:35 PM by Locins Star rating in Thurso, Caithness, S.... 102 posts Send private message

Locins´s avatar

Hi Gina

What a good idea on starting a restuarant guide.........but am afraid can't even get you started as we didn't really find anywhere very exciting last time we were out.

Not sure if it was us though, because Stewart wasn't feeling too well and not really in the mood for eating but  we would be open to suggestions for next trip out.

Regards

June

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 11:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi June,

Not an expert myself yet. Only completed last month so have only two so far to recommend. The chinese restaurant in Santiago town on the roundabout near to tourist board. Sorry can't remember the name, will check it out when over at Easter.  Miguels on the beach by the yacht club is a lovely fresh fish restaurant with fish caught straight from the mar menor. We are going to try and have a peep in at Roda Golf resort when we come over. Every time we go there are new places popping up all over so hopefully we won't take too long to finish off furnishing and will be able to get some time to relax and explore. When are you hoping to go over again?

Gina

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 2/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 4:39 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

Just though of another one which is nice for a coffe and snack but also do home cooked meals. The Penny Farthing in Los Alcazares by the Halifax. I read in another thread that there is a place called El Patio in Mercadonna square. Anyone know where it is? And is Mercadonna Square the name of the part by Halifax? Help!!!!!!!!

Gina

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 4:54 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hia

The Mercadona is the supermarket in the square in Los Alcazares near to the Halifax but don't actually know the name of the square. El Patio is on the other side of the main road very close by. Penny Farthing is good as is the Bayside which was closed last week but is being refurbished apparently & is also increasing in size. The Pasty Shack (next to the Penny Farthing) is great for lunch - but not for the waistline! Far too tempting!! There's actually quite a lot of good restaurants on the same street - Thai, Indian etc. Great on a evening to sit & watch the world go by.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 4:54 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

It's me again. Just had another idea to go with the restaurant guide. How about a golf widows club? If not I'll have to learn how to play myself. Would prefer shopping and getting the kids together though. Just a thought.

Gina

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 5:01 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Halifax is in El Balneario...

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 5:52 PM by Roda Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Hi we are Hildur and Elvar form Iceland. And we have apartment on Roda Golf face 1. The area looks great. We are comming over the 15th of mars and we are looking forvard to it.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 9:59 PM by Locins Star rating in Thurso, Caithness, S.... 102 posts Send private message

Locins´s avatar

Hi Gina

Great start to the restuarant guide and good idea on the shopping trips for the golfing widows. I can't wait to get back over to the area a wee look and investigate more shops and eating out. Not sure when we will get over next as we don't complete until June/July sometime so hopefully maybe get over around then. Stewart and I both work therefore holidays are still a problem for us and we quite often don't get holidays at the same time which is a major pain.

How often do you go back and forward now that you have completed?

Hello Hildur and Elvar nice to meet you in this thread. We have an apartment on Roda in phase 2 and cannot wait for completion and to pop over and see the place again. You can keep us posted after your trip in March. Do you have any favourite restuarants you have tried in this area?

Regards

June

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 11:25 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 11:52 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Cole Family Wales,

Drowning your sorrows after last night's match?? You said Halifax El Balneario. Is that the name of the Square in Los Alcazares? Sorry to be so blonde.

Gina

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Ryanair routes - 0 posts
trains,trams and trenets,alicante to denia - 8 posts
looking for the low down on PEINSA please - 15 posts
is this possible - 2 posts
First Meeting. - 9 posts
I need new fingers! - 0 posts
Old cat to Spain ? - 4 posts
Free guides .. downloads - 2 posts
Members.. see SPI postings re Fibby (& JeansSis) here. - 5 posts
Mobile Phones - 67 posts
PICTURES - 30 posts
'Pay as you go' road tax. (Proposed car tax scheme in UK) - 10 posts
Any Ex Military Here - 4 posts
Shipping personal goods to Spain - 2 posts
need to sell - 6 posts
Update - 416 posts
problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 129

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x