Mar Menor Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2007 9:25 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

HI Mansours,

I just bet that once you have your keys, you will NOT want to go out to eat!

For the first few nights, you will want to stay in, look at the walls and eat baked beans out of the tin!

You will love it too much to go out to eat!

Enjoy!...........................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:35 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar

Fibby......

We are talking about it non-stop just now!!! I'm sure it won't go quite as we have planned - but we are happy to cope with anything as long as we get the keys to our own place.  We have had photos sent over of the complex, and the apartment, and it all looks so great! We are going back out for a week in May and that will be a proper holiday in our own place - fully furnished by then hopefully - so we will get a real feel for the place then.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:41 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Kathleen (Mansours)

Believe me, when you get those keys, you will feel in 7th heavan!

It's so exciting isn't it!

Sleep on the floor even, it will just be YOURS!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:41 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Kathleen - where have you been????

You are in Euromarina yes?

Thought you'd left us. Bet you can't wait. We viewed there over a year ago and were very impressed with the lovely pools and gardens, beautiful.

Glad you have sorted out your furniture. Won't be long now!!!

Sooooooooooooo exciting isn't it?

Gina

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 9:44 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Sorry Candyfloss, forgot you are in the same position!

Vino marring the brain!

You too will feel in 7th heaven!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 10:00 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar

Hi Gina

I've been doing a lot of reading and not a lot of posting!  Yes Puerto Marina, built by Euromarina.  We have an apartment directly facing the second pool - are you nearby? Glad to be so near St Javier airport - so we won't need to hire a car every time we go. That will make a real relaxing holiday for me.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 10:42 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Fibby

It's ok I know you know I'm in soon. Wey hey!!

Kathleen

We are in Santiago de la Ribera near the Dos Mares and also spend a lot of time at L.A. Have friends at Roda. Hope your completion goes according to plan for you.

Gina

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 6:25 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Have any of you Mar Menorers been to Lo Pagan and done the therapuetic mud baths?

We went last summer, my hubby & Son in Law smothered themselves in it, stunk to high heaven of sulphur, then washed it off in the salt river.

I was a bit more reserved, just covered one finger in it to see what happened....I stunk too!

You must go there even if just to watch people doing it, some lay covered in goo and bake all day long in the sun!

But, it supposed to be extremely good for arthritis and joint problems, also for the whole well being, just you stink after and lose all your friends!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 8:05 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi all - seems I've failed miserably with the avatar again - followed Janice's instructions but keep getting that great yellow exclamation mark from Justin !

Love to look at the people bathing in the mud baths, we have a cycle track from our village, which faces the med, round to Lo Pagan, which faces Mar Menor - best of both worlds!  Anyway, the path takes us past a sewage plant, which is a little to close to the mud baths for my liking!!

Travel back towards the motorway from Lo Pagan and there is a new hotel with 'thalassotherapy' and other treatments.  haven't been yet but It looks good to go and have a drink - great view across the nature reserve to the sea - but why build opposite the sewage plant  !!! 

Jane

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 8:35 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Christ Fibby - after Janes post I hope you were in the right place!

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 9:14 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Gordon Bennet!

That's what the stink was then!!!!

Yuk!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 9:52 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi *********

I have checked the error logs and it seems that the name of the file for the avatar that you are trying to upload contains characters which are not permitted.  Therefore, change the file name of the avatar to something like "avatar" and then upload it again, it should work fine.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 9:13 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hi all,

I too had a go in the mud bath at Lo Pagan last year. Not only did I stink, I looked like a big black beached whale!! ...and it did nothing to relieve the pains in my feet! However I wouldn' have missed the experience!!!

The new hotel wih therapy treatments is only open to  members unfortunately, so we were not able to go in even or a drink.

Julia

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 10:29 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Julia - that's bad news about accessing the hotel.  They advertise in CBN regularly.  I suggest we all join and meet up for a mud bath!!

Jane

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 10:44 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 10:51 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

I'm gonna get my bike out at Easter and ride to the mud baths - if your photographer or the mud can make me look like that - now matter how much it stinks - it'll all be worthwhile.

Jane

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 8:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Jane,

Don't forget to wash the mud off before you ride home eh?

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 11:53 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 9:47 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hi all,

I think I would have broken the lens on anyone's camera!!

Julia

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 10:39 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Ryanair routes - 0 posts
trains,trams and trenets,alicante to denia - 8 posts
looking for the low down on PEINSA please - 15 posts
is this possible - 2 posts
First Meeting. - 9 posts
I need new fingers! - 0 posts
Old cat to Spain ? - 4 posts
Free guides .. downloads - 2 posts
Members.. see SPI postings re Fibby (& JeansSis) here. - 5 posts
Mobile Phones - 67 posts
PICTURES - 30 posts
'Pay as you go' road tax. (Proposed car tax scheme in UK) - 10 posts
Any Ex Military Here - 4 posts
Shipping personal goods to Spain - 2 posts
need to sell - 6 posts
Update - 416 posts
problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 129

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x