Old cat to Spain ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Pepsi's 15 years + now ... so, by the time we relocate sometime after March 2008, she may not be with us. However, we hope we don't lose her & that she will come to live in Spain with us on the Costa Blanca.

She will never return to the UK. I've read lots of stories about just how to go about taking animals to Spain but could I ask.. has anyone flown over taking their cat with them ? I know someone in our area in Spain who said they flew from Birmingham I think it was & their two cats travelled in the hold of their plane. (We usually travel out of Bristol & EasyJet don't offer this service.) I'll be needing to know exactly what we need to do eventually to enable us to get her into Spain. Lots of ex pats take their pets so it can't be so difficult to organise.

Janice 

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 5:01 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar
Hi Janice

We are in the same situation we will be taking 3 old cats with us when we move to Spain, and my eldest is now 15 years old.  We will be going later this year.  I have found that GB Airways (part of British Airways) from Gatwick take cats travelling with you.  They fly to Alicante, not sure wherelse they fly to.  They are charged as excess baggage, so the price depends on the weight including the carrier they are in.  I don't think it's too expensive, but if you ring GB airways and ask for information on travelling with pets, they are very helpful.  We don't live near to Gatwick, but I think this is the best option for us.  I should mention you can only use certain routes and airlines, it's all on the Defra website.

I flew a cat I had bred from Heathrow to Switzerland last year and she travelled without any problems at all.  We checked her in with the passenger, security came to check the carrier to ensure there was nothing in it which shouldn't be.  We went to the desk to pay for her carriage, and security took her to be put in the hold.  It was very easy.  At the other end she was collected from excess baggage, documents checked and that was it.

Val

This message was last edited by Val on 2/18/2007.

This message was last edited by Val on 2/18/2007.

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 5:08 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

When we fly home from Alicante, I have seen lots of people with dogs (little ones) in hand held fabric pet carriers.

They are obviuosly taking them into the seating area of the plane, don't know what airline they are flying with though, but if they take little dogs, they must take cats too?

Just a thought.................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 5:17 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar
I would be interested to know which airline it is if anyone knows, possibly they could be travelling on internal flights.

Val

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 5:24 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Val maybe you are right about internal flights...............else they would have to go through pet passport control I suppose!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Free guides .. downloads - 2 posts
Members.. see SPI postings re Fibby (& JeansSis) here. - 5 posts
Mobile Phones - 67 posts
PICTURES - 30 posts
'Pay as you go' road tax. (Proposed car tax scheme in UK) - 10 posts
Any Ex Military Here - 4 posts
Shipping personal goods to Spain - 2 posts
need to sell - 6 posts
Update - 416 posts
problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x