Mar Menor Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi,

Has anyone else bought in the Mar Menor Area? I know Mansours are down in Los Alacazares, very nice. we are in santiago de la Ribera not far away. Anyone else around the area?

Gina

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 8:52 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Gina

yep- i'm just at the northern edge of Mar Menor - in El Mojon. A village that is in both in Pilar de la Horadada and San Pedro del Pinatar .  Also from Cardiff - we must have good taste !!

Regards

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 11:18 AM by Locins Star rating in Thurso, Caithness, S.... 102 posts Send private message

Locins´s avatar

Hiya

We have also bought in the same area. We purchased an apartment at Roda Golf which will hopefully complete this summertime. Last visit out we stayed in San Pedro del Pinatar and thoroughly enjoyed looking round that area - good choice! Stewart and I are from Thurso, in the very far north of Scotland near John O'Groats.

June

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 4:16 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jane and June,

I know both areas. They are lovely. We are in the middle of you both near to Dos Mares shopping mall. We were over Christmas and New year and rented again in Polaris as we didn't complete in december as planned. Have completed now in January so can't wait to get over and pick up the keys. What part of Cardiff are you from Jane?

Roda looks lovely. We used to pass it everyday on the way to Polaris. Hope everything goes smoothly for you to complete in the summer.

Regards Gina

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 6:50 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Gina

I'm in the north of the city - what about you?  Great news about your completion.  Hope you get out there soon and enjoy it.  Sadly I can't get there for some weeks, but can't wait.  Only problem is having to come back again.  I know Dos Mares well. Was there 2 weeks ago buying in the sales!  Look out for the free concerts in the summer - upstairs and outside - just behind the bar area. 

Lots of concerts (not free & depends what you like of course) at the open air auditorium in San Javier - usually beginning of July.  Also in Cartagena, again open air in the castle at the top of the city overlooking the harbour.  What a fantadtic way to spend hot summer evenings!  Wishful thinking!

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 7:46 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jane,

Llandaff. I will look out for the concert info. Thanks. So I guess you've already completed on yours then. We have waited over a year for ours so now it's all over and organising things from here. Won't be for some weeks yet. Can't wait.

Gina

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 9:03 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

We have bought in La Tercia Real, int the coutryside of Murcia and from Pontypridd - does that also count for good taste ?

colesfamilywales

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 10:52 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi ColesfamilyWales,

Excellent taste. My sister in law lives in Ponty. Seems like quite a few of the Welsh in Murcia. Have you completed yet?

Gina

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 9:52 AM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Gina

We are some way off our completion at the moment, due for completion in Spet 07, but more likely March 2008 now....

We are going over in July for another look and family holiday, we are staying in Loa Alcazares area.

Last year we stayed at Polaris World, it was OK but nothing special, it just reocnfirmed, we need a pool !

Anthony 

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 5:33 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi all

We'll be keeping a welcome in Murcia as well as our hillsides in Wales!

We completed a few years back with no problems at all and then bought off plan  - just around the corner from you Anthony - at Sierra Golf, Balsicas  - not as posh as La Tercia, but still in that beautiful location.  We've had years of delays with this one but hope it'll be finished soon.  Friends from the Rhondda live in Valle de Sol, near La Tercia - fabulous.

Coles family look out for the concerts and stuff  in your holiday in July.  I'm hoping to get to there for the first 2 weeks of July - fingers crossed! 

We've definitely all got good taste.  Hope your completions are very soon!

Best wishes

jane

Jane

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 6:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All,

It's a lovely area and hoping to see more of it at Easter, will be busy furnishing then. June, was going to have a little looksy at Roda Golf when we were over last but run out of time. It had come on so much since we'd been there the time before. It's going to be beautiful by the looks of it. When we were over Christmas there were even more shops, furniture stores etc. to choose from around and we actually found Ikea (don't ask how) That shopping mall across the road from Ikea is huge has anyone else been there? Well worth a visit.

Regards Gina

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 6:43 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 7:11 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Jane

Regarding the concerts in July, is there anywhere we can pick up information on dates and whereabouts they will happen ?

2 sons aged 16 and 12 will need something to keep them interested and concerts would be great to see while we are over there.

The whole countryside around La Tercia looks fantastic, just like Ponty with sun and no sheep !

Anthony

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 7:27 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

Hi All,

we are from Edinburgh and bought in San Cayetano Taray builders a 3 bed quad due for completion Dec 07 can't wait. We have found all the shopm Dos Mares and been to the new mall on the way to Murcia its great. we are going out next weekend for 5 nights then june/sep for 1 week each . Can antone recommend good restuarants our favourite is the click near Lo Pagan,

Shirley & Mark

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 8:28 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi everybody

We would also like to know about any free concerts (or even ones we have to pay for) - keeping two 15 year old girls & a 12 year old boy entertained for 5 weeks in the summer can be hard going.

We have a town house on Senorio De Roda (next to Roda Golf) & go over every 6 weeks (ie, all school holidays) - love the area, it just seems to get better on every visit.

For anyone who hasn't been - Nueva Condomina is well worth finding - keep going past Ikea & Thader & over the motorway bridge & it's right in front of you.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 9:45 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

Yes the big mall is great in Neuva Condomina, a whole day to get around (even has Primark). We also have a 15 year old daughter to keep occupied in summer hols, maybe they could all get together. Our 19 year old son is into going with the boys on 18 - 30's to Malia. the first time was the nail biting time but gets easier. Can't wait to pick up our keys at |Easter!!! Already had air con/heating and lighting put in and ordered sofas and beds to be there for our arrival. Shirley and Mark could you give us directions to click? A lovely restaurant round the corner from us in Santiago is the chinese on the roundabout in main town. Best chinese we've ever had and really reasonable too. The fish restaurant near the yaught club on the beach is lovely too for a special occasions. Any other restaurant ideas?

Gina

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 10:28 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

NEWS ALERT

specially for us welsh people................BMI BABY FLYING CARDIFF MURCIA !!!!!!!!

Yes - just changed my 5 bookings throughout this year from Alicante to Murcia, a bit more expensive but so mch better.  Not everyday flights (yet) but HOORAY!!!

Re concerts etc - the football stadium has some good international 'pop' concerts sometimes (from across Spanish speaking world) - even i've been at the ripe old age of 50 - fab!  I'll ask my Spanish friends for any info when it's available and post it here. 

J

Jane

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:04 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Jane,

Cardiff to Murcia????? I don't belieeeeeve it. I've booked our April and August flights already. However, it's our silver wedding anniversary in September so going to try and come over then (without the kids) easter? It's a date. First or second week? We are first week. eep me posted

Gina

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:13 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Gina

7 - 14th - just booked to MURCIA !!!   Sorry can't help it ..........so excited to be able to go straight into Murcia.  God bless bmi baby and all who sail in her ( oops -fly - but you get the meaning YES!)

Love to meet up if poss.

J

Jane

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:20 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Jane,

Sorry lost the plot, too excited about going from Cardiff. Do you mean April?  we are going home on the 8th. What a pity, still we will probably be a bit preoccupied putting furniture together and buying stuff that week, again without the kids,  iT'S A BIT BORING FOR THEM WHEN WE ARE SHOPPING. Still should get a few evenings to enjoy ourselves. Cardiff to Murcia. I am so happy. Thanks!!!

Gina xxxxx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Ryanair routes - 0 posts
trains,trams and trenets,alicante to denia - 8 posts
looking for the low down on PEINSA please - 15 posts
is this possible - 2 posts
First Meeting. - 9 posts
I need new fingers! - 0 posts
Old cat to Spain ? - 4 posts
Free guides .. downloads - 2 posts
Members.. see SPI postings re Fibby (& JeansSis) here. - 5 posts
Mobile Phones - 67 posts
PICTURES - 30 posts
'Pay as you go' road tax. (Proposed car tax scheme in UK) - 10 posts
Any Ex Military Here - 4 posts
Shipping personal goods to Spain - 2 posts
need to sell - 6 posts
Update - 416 posts
problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 129

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x