Current situation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Hello all,

I was just wondering how everyone is going with their short term rentals in the current economic climate? Any noticeable trends? It's great to hear this kind of stuff straight from the horse's mouth, as it were.

The company I work for advertises holiday homes and we really want to be up to date with what's going on.

Thanks and have a lovely weekend ,

Rachael

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 1:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
This is my first year renting. I use 1 paid advertiser which has yielded no results, and only about 5 enquiries since February this year. I use a couple of other websites that have offered free 12 month periods and received nothing from them. I use one free Spanish site and I received all of my 10 weeks this year from there. I know where I am getting more "bang for my buck" and where I won't be advertising next year!!

Mark

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 1:56 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Interesting to hear Mark, thanks. It's important to explore all the different ways of marketing your property; different avenues work differently for different people!

Do you have a link to your paid advert (if this is allowed)? I'd like to have a look and see if I can offer any advice on improving its effectiveness...If you want, that is!

Thanks again for getting in touch,

Rachael

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 2:15 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
The paid for advert is on the front page of my homepage which is linked in my signature. It is one of the "big players", so you will know it when you see it .

Any pointers gratefully received .

Mark

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 3:12 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
I would say as whole rentals are doing quite well at the moment,believe it or not more Brits flew into Alicante on Holiday this year than ever before and Guardamar had higher occupancy rates than last year,put together with people not being able to buy and having to rent i would say the rental agents are smiling at the minute.....

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 3:41 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Mark and Georgia,

Probably the lack of summer has something to do with that! Seriously though, it's interesting to hear that people prioritise holidays so much, though by no means a bad thing!

Mark, I'm about to have a look at your advert- your homepage and your one on Holiday Lettings. I would PM you, but don't think I've made enough posts yet...

Rachael

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Only 3 more to go Rachael!!!

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:04 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

Good news about the rentals, although I don't think that there will be much big time spending around the bars and restaurants!

Bellarina - you should be able to post a private message to Marksfish, but if eye won't let you, do it through info@maximeters.com and I will forward it to him.

Regards

Max

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:04 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

If you prefer I could email my thoughts  via the contact details I found on your Holiday Almeria page? Or simply post my ideas here...Which is better for you?

Rachael

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
HI Rachael

I think i'll take the criticism privately at the moment  . Once I have stopped crying and if they look like being of use to others i'll publish the finidings here. The contact details online are fine thanks.

Thnak for the forwarding offer Max.

Mark

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:13 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Okey doke, I'll pen my thoughts and get them off to you privately. I think I've almost got enough to PM now!

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:15 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Just realised your email address isn't online and don't want to overload your automated system with a big message. But hey, this makes 10 posts!

Rachael

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Or mark at marksfish dot me dot uk

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:41 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

Have just sent an email to your address below.

Let me know if it helps!

Rachael

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:47 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Thanks Rachael. I'll have a look at it and see how I can improve.

Cheers

Mark

edit to ad: Ah that's embarrassing to see you are from the paid site i use

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 9/19/2008.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 4:55 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Not embarassing, happy  to be able to help! We're here to help our advertisers (end of cheesy spiel).

Have a nice weekend,

Rachael

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 5:03 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Georgia,

Back to your post!

How did come to the conclusion that more Brits flew into Alicante? Is it based on rental figures, or airport stats?

Any info gratefully received!

Rachael

PS, I've added a link to our site; reading through the FAQs this seems to be OK. But *please* do let me know if this aggrieves anyone

This message was last edited by Bellarina on 9/19/2008.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 9:34 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hi Bellarina,

I use Holiday Rentals and have had around 12 weeks from them this year and many more enquiries which I have been unable to fill as use the place myself quite a lot. My apartment is in Nueva Andalucia just outside Puerto Banus and have rented more this year than last.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 6:41 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Regarding rentals, my most prefered piece of advice is:

To submitt the contract to arbitration and to hire an Insurance for non paid rents.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 2:06 PM by chelseaphil Star rating in near Mojacar. 25 posts Send private message

As an owner of a rental website dedicated only to Spain. I have had some feedback from my advertisers over the last couple of months.

Some have said they have done as well as previous years but put some of that down to repeat bookings.  Others have not done quite so well.  Most of them advertise on at least 3 sites including mine.  It is quite clear to me looking at all of the enquiries going through my site that the larger properties are doing very well.  By large I mean 5 bedroom +.  It means 2 families can split the cost thus saving money.

That said, the market has, until now seemed fairly buoyant with enquiries still coming in.  Although, things have slowed down a bit in the last week or two.  I expect a big jump in enquiries after Christmas.

Phil

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi from Redcar - 5 posts
New rentals website. 6 months free (not an advert Justin) - 10 posts
To walk or not to walk ? - 7 posts
How to cancel renting advert - 1 posts
Apartment not built to original specification - legal view - 6 posts
Jet2.: Valencia to Leeds Bradford Summer 2009 - 4 posts
Help setting up property management co - 4 posts
The boy in the striped pyjamas - 11 posts
Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante - 0 posts
Playa Golf 3 Deeds - 2 posts
Another new user - 14 posts
Restaurants in Moraira on Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Freeview vs Freesat vs Freesatfromsky vs Sky and how to spot a rebroadcaster - 17 posts
minibus - 0 posts
Implications of Not Completing - 39 posts
7 Seater people carrier -Ford Galaxy 2002-1.9TDCI - 6 SPEED - OFFERS??? : - 4 posts
On-site facilities at San Cayetano - 3 posts
8 pay day's till we move out there - 8 posts
Official numbers of the National Office for Rentals - 0 posts
Proper Driving licence - 5 posts
Loosing a passport - 9 posts
Posted on Palmera Site - 5 posts
New at rentals - 1 posts
Transporting a Motorbike - 0 posts
27th September - Coming to Almoradi - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x