New rentals website. 6 months free (not an advert Justin)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I have spent the day talking to a new rental website company. They approached me this morning in the usual way. "Hello Mr ?, you have a overseas property, i'm not trying to sell anything". 

I almost put the phone down as it was also a foreign call that had "SCAM" written all over it. I was eventually persuaded that as it was a new website (only about 6 weeks old) they were trying to get properties listed and were offering 6 months free to the first 200 to sign up (heard tat before anyone??). I took a look and have spent the day troubleshooting with them as I couldn't list my apartment and there were some other errors. The site all seems to be working well now, I incidentally, have no  ties with this company with the exception of my free listing.

They told me that anyone signing up until Monday (22nd Sep) will qualify for the 6 months free listing. NO PAYMENT DETAILS ar e taken in this sign up process, so it appears to be bona fide. Anyone wanting the details, please PM me.

Good luck

Mark

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 10:52 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Several people have pm'd me asking for details of the site. I know some of them were near to our apartment, but the details aren't yet showing. Is it because the site is still having difficulties? If you tried to register and it failed, can you pm me again (sorry, I deleted the pm's once I replied) with the name and email address you used and I will contact the owners again on Monday. I know when I filled out mine, it was all there but wouldn't publish, so hopefully that is all that happened.

As I have said previously, I have no affiliation with this company, but I hate it when a recommendation falls flat and makes me look stupid.

Mark

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 3:55 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar
Hi Mark

Just read your interesting post.  I have a holiday rental apartment on the Costa Blanca at Villamartin and also a villa which I let out (let at the moment) long term again on the Costa Blanca but in the village of Molins near Bigastro. Both advertised on this site.

Please  could you email me the link you write about to Denise at janddservices@msn.com

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 1:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
This is my last post on the subject, I promise . If you tried registering las week and were unsuccessful, you would probably have rcieved the following email:

I am contacting you to make you aware that the FREE property advertising will be finishing on Sunday 28 September 2008, at 11.00pm GMT.

As you may have previously had problems and could not upload your property fully, I would kindly ask you to upload your details before this deadline, to avail of this offer. 

There is more to this email as I am sure you will know if you have received it. I realise that some of you may have ried and been frustrated with the process, but it does seem to be a good site and a lot of the problems I found as a user/ customer have ow been rectified. Go on, give it a go. You know you want to .

Mark

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 5:58 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

I had problems when trying to complete all the details, abandoned it, but will give it another go having received the email you mentioned. Just hope I have time before the deadline!

Cheers, Carol

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 11:06 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar
Hi Mark

Have succesfully posted an add on the site and it does appear to be free!  Thanks for the link and if nothing comes from it at least I now know how to post an advert and all the info I need, anyone interested I can send the link by p.m. as I would hate to break the no advertising rule.

I realise I  need to add some information to the site such as golf courses etc., but this can be done at a later date.  Many thanks once again.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 9:25 AM by davey2187 Star rating in Pontefract, La Torre.... 136 posts Send private message

Can someone send me the details please

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 9:10 AM by davey2187 Star rating in Pontefract, La Torre.... 136 posts Send private message

I just tried and it is asking me to pay

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 5:29 AM by cez6 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Now you can't find a free, if you'll advertise..

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 2:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

If you'd read Marksfish's post on 26 Sep 2008 1:36 PM he does tell us ...

If you tried registering last week and were unsuccessful, you would probably have recieved the following email:

I am contacting you to make you aware that the FREE property advertising will be finishing on Sunday 28 September 2008, at 11.00pm GMT.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 9:05 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

I managed to get on for the free advert. but have not even had an enquiry.  Glad I did not pay to advertise but at least I got a bit of practise getting on it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

To walk or not to walk ? - 7 posts
How to cancel renting advert - 1 posts
Apartment not built to original specification - legal view - 6 posts
Jet2.: Valencia to Leeds Bradford Summer 2009 - 4 posts
Help setting up property management co - 4 posts
The boy in the striped pyjamas - 11 posts
Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante - 0 posts
Playa Golf 3 Deeds - 2 posts
Another new user - 14 posts
Restaurants in Moraira on Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Freeview vs Freesat vs Freesatfromsky vs Sky and how to spot a rebroadcaster - 17 posts
minibus - 0 posts
Implications of Not Completing - 39 posts
7 Seater people carrier -Ford Galaxy 2002-1.9TDCI - 6 SPEED - OFFERS??? : - 4 posts
On-site facilities at San Cayetano - 3 posts
8 pay day's till we move out there - 8 posts
Official numbers of the National Office for Rentals - 0 posts
Proper Driving licence - 5 posts
Loosing a passport - 9 posts
Posted on Palmera Site - 5 posts
New at rentals - 1 posts
Transporting a Motorbike - 0 posts
27th September - Coming to Almoradi - 3 posts
primary school in frigliana - 12 posts
Gemma´s Bilingual & Property Services - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x