Loosing a passport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Just in case I carry around a scan copy of my passport so if the realone gets lost I can show the details. Is this a good idea or just remember the number. What I'm more interested in is what is the best procedure if a passport gets lost?

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 11:21 AM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
If you cut and paste this link on to your browser it gives you details of what to do if a passport is lost or stolen in the UK or while travelling abroad.
http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/lost.asp

Linda

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 11:40 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Thanks Linda, Copied to my little emergency notebook.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 3:05 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I carry my passport, driving licence in a body bag around my waist.  You can pick similar ones up at the airport.

In Torrevieja you can take your passport to any copy shop and they will copy and laminate it for 3e.  I use the one in the road opposite the church square, I think Atlas is one the corner, the copy shop is just down from the coffee shop on the right.

Friends had their hand luggage stolen at Pisa airport whilst waiting for their flight.  She was able to get back into UK showing this passport copy.  He had to pass a more stringent check as all he had was the slip of paper from Ryanair.

Some people have reported that when stopped by Traffico copies of passport etc was acceptable on the understanding that they took the originals to the local police station.  Depends how good your Spanish is, if Traffico aren't happy with your documentation then I believe the car will be towed away until you can prove who you are and that you are legally able to drive.

Don't forget you need to carry photo identification with you at all times.  Also if driving and you wear glasses you must have a second pair with you, it's the law and you could be fined if you don't conform.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 3:24 PM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

When you say have a 2nd pair with you, does this mean I have to take two pairs with me and carry two in the car!!

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 3:48 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

No, if you wear glasses to drive then you must carry another pair in the car.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 7:19 PM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Hm, I need glasses to drive only. That means I always have two pairs in the car because they cannot be worn anywhere else! I would have though I would have to have them on whilst driving or at least they are in the car.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 7:40 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Ok Rodger, one last try and then you are on your own

Your driving your hire car and you get stopped by Traffico.  They notice that you are wearing glasses, they ask you to show them your spare pair, you haven't got a spare pair in the car - they say gracias senor give me loads of of money.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 7:47 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

What a pity the law is not adhered to or applied ,so diligently ,when it comes to getting justice in the Spanish Courts for  the mis-selling   of  illegal off-plan property! The Judges don't appear to know their own laws!!! Motorists, as in the UK are easy targets...easy money!

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 8:00 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
I had my passport stolen - along with everything in my bag - two years ago in Puerto Banus.  I was flying home the next day and the police directed me to an amazing telephone system - you make your report in English on the phone, they give you a number, then 15 minutes later you can go to the local police station and they have your report typed out for you to sign.  They then give you a document for the airport and this is accepted for your flight home.  I was most impressed!

I did have a photocopy of the passport at home which was most useful when it came to applying for a replacement.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Posted on Palmera Site - 5 posts
New at rentals - 1 posts
Transporting a Motorbike - 0 posts
27th September - Coming to Almoradi - 3 posts
primary school in frigliana - 12 posts
Gemma´s Bilingual & Property Services - 0 posts
Would you use a childminder - 3 posts
O2 XDA 11S UNLOCKED - 0 posts
Needed - Desperately - Moped Handbook - 0 posts
Hi..i'm lovekiwis(don't ask!),new to here,but in Pilar Horadada area 8 years - 8 posts
Good Manana - 29 posts
From bad to worse, whats going on? wheres my money gone? - 54 posts
NossieHi - 2 posts
Small claims Procedure (SCP) in Spain. " Monitorios" - 7 posts
4 new dining chairs for sale - 0 posts
Property management company in Rojales area - 3 posts
Alicante airport - getting petrol - 20 posts
looking for an old friend - 0 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted - 5 posts
Property wealth tax and unleased urban property tax for non fiscal residents - 4 posts
How to close our SxlBank account? - 1 posts
Wish me luck! - 5 posts
EASYJET HAVE ADDED EXTRA ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR API - 4 posts
Registering UK Vehicle in Spain - 6 posts
Ready Made Curtains & Bed covers - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x