Proper Driving licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

I have the usual driving licence, the old green and pink. It's called UK Driving Licence, European Communities Model. Is this OK for Spain?

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 5:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
If you are visiting, yes, it should be OK, although it may be a good idea to exchange it for the more recent version. If you are resident in Spain, you should have an EU licence, which I think should be pink and have the EU circle of stars on it. If in doubt, the best bet is to go to your nearest Tráfico office and check. My advice, to avoid any possible confusion, if you are resident in Spain, is always to exchange your licence for a Spanish one. This has been covered in previous threads.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 8:03 PM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Yes, sure. Not resident.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 10:15 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Rodger - I've checked my paper licence and it's the same as yours.  Been hiring cars in Spain since 2004 without any problem.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 6:00 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Hi Rodger,
I think you can be in Spain with UK driving licence for about a year and after that you must go to Trafico Office and get a Spanish one. You should be fine with your UK driving licence if you don't live in Spain permanently.

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 9:01 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
You can use a UK driving licence in any European country for as long as the licence is valid, the licence has to be the EU licence two part with the plastic card with your photo and the paper counterpart. You do not have to change to a Spanish licence at the present time.

For residents, you have to comply with the driving laws for the country that you live, in Spain this means taking the driving medical at a trafico delegated medical centre. You need to carry the medical certificate in the car with your documents.

Remember, the UK licence is only valid for 10 years now even though you are entitled to it until you are 70 years of age, you have to get it renewed at Swansea if you don't want to change to a Spanish one.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Loosing a passport - 9 posts
Posted on Palmera Site - 5 posts
New at rentals - 1 posts
Transporting a Motorbike - 0 posts
27th September - Coming to Almoradi - 3 posts
primary school in frigliana - 12 posts
Gemma´s Bilingual & Property Services - 0 posts
Would you use a childminder - 3 posts
O2 XDA 11S UNLOCKED - 0 posts
Needed - Desperately - Moped Handbook - 0 posts
Hi..i'm lovekiwis(don't ask!),new to here,but in Pilar Horadada area 8 years - 8 posts
Good Manana - 29 posts
From bad to worse, whats going on? wheres my money gone? - 54 posts
NossieHi - 2 posts
Small claims Procedure (SCP) in Spain. " Monitorios" - 7 posts
4 new dining chairs for sale - 0 posts
Property management company in Rojales area - 3 posts
Alicante airport - getting petrol - 20 posts
looking for an old friend - 0 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted - 5 posts
Property wealth tax and unleased urban property tax for non fiscal residents - 4 posts
How to close our SxlBank account? - 1 posts
Wish me luck! - 5 posts
EASYJET HAVE ADDED EXTRA ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR API - 4 posts
Registering UK Vehicle in Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x