where to buy BBQ gas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by langfangcharlie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

My parents in law have a place near Gibraltar and have bought a gas BBQ but never got chance to buy a bottle before they returned, we are going out for the summer and want to get this sorted for them but general views seem like it is going to a pain, anyone got any ideas where and how to get one between Gib and estepona?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:17 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Assume that its suitable but a lot of garages sell gas bottles I seem to recall - not sure if its the right type of gas but juts a suggestion - think Repsol garages have gas bottles in stock - as i say just a suggestion

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:25 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Smiley, don't you need to buy a licence to enable you to purchase gas bottles ? 

I've heard you do.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:28 AM by langfangcharlie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have read about the license things and it seems to be the way of doing things,

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:30 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
HMM More you might be right - I am a traditionalist so always go for Charcoal - have to leave that to a post modernist or whatever they are - arent you sposed to be making the sarnies!!! You naughty girl youll be late - have a great time and dont burn your bits

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:44 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Smiley, I've made the beef sarnies, sorted some drinks, cleaned my body & washed my hair, defuzzed all that needs it , locked cases, taken them downstairs, set light timers, locked windows, switched hot water off, emptied bins & am sitting with a coffee with Sir's permission to stay here till 1pm, taxi comes 2pm. 

Then he wants to shut this down & take the surge protector to Spain, just for whilst we're there. Our washing machine in Spain has a problem in so much that it won't now work on one programme (works ok on rapido wash just not the one I prefer to use) & the engineer said he's seen the problem a lot. It can happen, he said, that when you're using the machine on a certain programme & there's a surge that particular programme can be burnt off the electronic programmer. It certainly happened to another machine on our community & a different engr told our friend the same. We can't risk losing the rapido wash programme but have failed in our efforts to find a plug in surge protector to take over to Spain which is the same as the one we have here which was a special in Lidl's for £8.99, just a neat unit that plugs into a socket.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 2:01 PM by sallieg Star rating in estepona. 18 posts Send private message

I have a gas BBQ - if you don't want to go the licence route visit one of the markets - the boot sale type ones, ie Fuengirola on Saturday and you can usually find someone selling an empty bottle, once you have that you simply take it either to a Repsol garage which sells the full bottles or to the Repsol gas depot and you pay to swap for a full one.  By far the simplest way, Once you have a bottle or two you are sorted. 

Hope this helps

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 4:22 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Do the same as I did, go to your nearest Spanish hardware shop that stocks gas.  Tell them it is for a mobile barby, you don't need a inspection for them so they will write out a contract on the spot and sell you the bottles and gas.

The Friday Adds usually have gas bottles for sale as well.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 10:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
....or a local second hand shop. They used to go for around about €10.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 11:33 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Just a quick quessy:

We have a 'fairly new' gas barbie here in the UK, and wanted to bring it with us to Spain.

Anyone know if the connection is the same for our UK regulators?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 5:06 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
I'm thinking, no, but could be wrong. But don't worry, most hardware stores and large supermarkets sell the fittings and orange pipe (9mm I think) that you'll need.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 5:55 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
We brought our Barby from Home base before we relocated here. UK regulators do not fit Spanish bottles but you can get them in Carrefour, pipe & reg. for about 14 Euro.

Make sure you check the connection on the bottle, regulator and pipe with soapy water and a clean paint brush when you turn the gas on and before you light the barby. If you have a leak, you get bubbles.

I am not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, it is better safe than blown up.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2011 4:34 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

men who sell gas walk the streets selling gas they will also sell you abottle for 30 euro plus 13.2 eu for the gas or gas man rings the bell of the house to ask if we need more so no probs

Like 0      
20 Jan 2011 6:34 PM by shakespeare Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

best bet is to go to sunday market in sabinillas and buy an empty one and then take it to a petrol station and swap it for a full one.  prob cost 10 euros to buy it and 10 euros to swap for a full one. we went down the licence route and getting one delivered and getting a licence was a nightmare and an absolute joke. by the time we had the bbq up and running my burgers were well and truly off.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2013 5:02 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Hi

Anyone got a decent BBQ for sale, gas or not. I am located in Orihuela. Please send PM.

Hope it is ok to ask this.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help please in finding Wayne Stoneman - 5 posts
Alicante airport to San Javier - 41 posts
Taking dog to Spain from N>Ireland - 7 posts
I Need A Cleaner Not Key Holder That Cleans! - 9 posts
adapters to fit an imperial pipe to a metric plumbing system - 4 posts
social services - 17 posts
Hello I'm new also - 3 posts
Hi, I am New. Hello everyone - 4 posts
Care & Welfare Guide for the Costa Blanca. Spring 2008 - 0 posts
Spanish spelling of....................... - 1 posts
Transport workers strike about fuel costs - 17 posts
Speeding ticket - 12 posts
Looking for long term rental that will accept 2 dogs in Quesada or near by area - 2 posts
Heating - Gas or Electric? - 8 posts
Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts
E.O.S.VIDEO - 9 posts
New rules for empadonamiento, again - 2 posts
Morerosado is leaving - 34 posts
Ryanair to start flying from London Stansted to Madrid - 0 posts
Spanish Airport Guide Newletter - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x