adapters to fit an imperial pipe to a metric plumbing system

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by sallieg Star rating in estepona. 18 posts Send private message

I am in a static caravan that we bought over from Uk and it has imperial plumbing from the shower and basin having difficulting connecting to the septic tank as the pipework for this is metric does anyone know where we can get an adapter from here?
 Thanks

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:39 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Obviously not something a lot of people on here have to do.
I don't know whereabouts your caravan is but Brico House near Playa Flamenca and the Brico Todo near Campoamor have pipes and things in both metric and imperial.  They may have and adapter but I haven't really looked.  These may be a good place to start.  Also Leroy Merlin near Cartagena has an extensive stock but, again, don't know about the adapters.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 6:00 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Doubt if you will get imperial to metric plumbing fittings out here, Spain was metric long before the UK.

Looks like you are after plastic drain fittings, you could try to get the closest metric fittings and glue them to what you have now with plastic pipe PVC glue.

Here in Spain, all plastic fittings are glued, the type used in the UK that push together and are sealed with rubber rings, are not available.

There is good place on the right on the way into Los Montesenos from Quesada that have a good selection of fittings.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 8:21 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Just done some plumbing. Ardys at Habaneras (nr. Carrefoure) was the only place which had everything I needed, and by far the biggest selection. If you are anywhere near Almoradi, there is also a big plumbers merchant called Servidaya just on the edge of town near to the big Fajovi store (you can't miss it!). They will definately have what you want but the snag is, being a trade counter, (no problem selling to the public) they don't have owt on display - you have to ask for what you want, and I found that they all speak rather less English than your avarage Spanish person. That said, in fairness, they were VERY helpful and friendly. 

Steve.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:59 AM by sallieg Star rating in estepona. 18 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone, we are on Costa del Sol but will keep looking may even just re plumb the van to metric from the taps downwards. 
THANKS AGAIN

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

social services - 17 posts
Hello I'm new also - 3 posts
Hi, I am New. Hello everyone - 4 posts
Care & Welfare Guide for the Costa Blanca. Spring 2008 - 0 posts
Spanish spelling of....................... - 1 posts
Transport workers strike about fuel costs - 17 posts
Speeding ticket - 12 posts
Looking for long term rental that will accept 2 dogs in Quesada or near by area - 2 posts
Heating - Gas or Electric? - 8 posts
Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts
E.O.S.VIDEO - 9 posts
New rules for empadonamiento, again - 2 posts
Morerosado is leaving - 34 posts
Ryanair to start flying from London Stansted to Madrid - 0 posts
Spanish Airport Guide Newletter - 13 posts
New Airport at Corvera - 1 posts
Agencis Tributaria Renta return - 3 posts
Easyjet discounts: Book by June 10th for June 16th to July 17th flights, all flights ! - 3 posts
Furnishing bedroom for rental - which beds? - 2 posts
Driving from Santander to Guardamar - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x