Hello I'm new also

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by familyguy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello all, Looking to escape the UK to spain in the not so distant future. Looking for work over there, I'm an HGV driver and cpc holder in road haulage so if anyone knows of any companies British or Spanish in costa Del Sol please let me know, Thanks

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 12:06 AM by Bob Salter Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi familyguy,

Not sure if you have tried it, what about contacting all the carriers who go between UK/France/Spain.  I am sure there many people going to and fro.  Ones that I have heard of, Digbys, Coles Transports, Witham Bros, Pickfords.  Wish you well.  Bob

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 1:31 PM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
Hi familyguy,

It's worth having a look at our local newspaper online at www.surinenglish.com as they have a number of removal firms advertising with them - Union Jack, Britannia, etc - who are probably worth getting in touch with to see if there is anything going.   They also have a sits vac section.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 10:45 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

My previous neighbours thought it would be easy to get an HGV job as he was used to drving Lorries from UK to Spain but although he applied for all the jobs advertised he never go as far as the interview stage.

In the end after 18 months they had to sell up and move to a cheaper property outside Xativa.  He has to go back to UK to work for X amount of months to earn enough money to continue to live in Spain for the remaining months.  Not quite the life they thought they were going to be living.

Looks like there may be some good news on the horizon as a Spanish friend has offered to introduce him to local firms when he comes back to Spain in the summer. 

This a personnal experience of the Costa Blanca region, you may be luckier on the Costa Del Sol.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi, I am New. Hello everyone - 4 posts
Care & Welfare Guide for the Costa Blanca. Spring 2008 - 0 posts
Spanish spelling of....................... - 1 posts
Transport workers strike about fuel costs - 17 posts
Speeding ticket - 12 posts
Looking for long term rental that will accept 2 dogs in Quesada or near by area - 2 posts
Heating - Gas or Electric? - 8 posts
Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts
E.O.S.VIDEO - 9 posts
New rules for empadonamiento, again - 2 posts
Morerosado is leaving - 34 posts
Ryanair to start flying from London Stansted to Madrid - 0 posts
Spanish Airport Guide Newletter - 13 posts
New Airport at Corvera - 1 posts
Agencis Tributaria Renta return - 3 posts
Easyjet discounts: Book by June 10th for June 16th to July 17th flights, all flights ! - 3 posts
Furnishing bedroom for rental - which beds? - 2 posts
Driving from Santander to Guardamar - 12 posts
Arrohabitage Don JUAN cARVAJAL - 1 posts
Health Insurance - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x