Alicante airport to San Javier

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I am looking at taking a flight to Alicante in July instead of Murcia. I have had a look on my Tom Tom and it doesn't look too far (130 miles to our apartment). Has anyone done this journey tat could give me any info?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:09 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
hI mark,
It would take you about 45 mins to get from Alicante airport to San Javier airport and its all motorway so in essence just add 45 mins to your usual journey.
regards
Georgia

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Mark

Where we are just south of Guardamar we are centrally placed between Murcia & Alicante , 40 mins to our property from Alicante all on the N332 & same from our property to Murcia though we use a combination of the AP7 motorway & the N332. 

From Alicante airport you can drive on the N332 to the northern edge of Guardamar & turn right, onto the CV91 to Orihuela then take the N340 to jct 84 on the AP7 & continue to San Javier airport. 

You could travel north from Alicante airport & pick up the AP7 from there too, maybe best.

Can't you tell I have brand new map of the CB, a Michelin (123 Zoom)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/8/2008.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I think i'm sold on the idea. £100 return for both my son and I and then another £65 for the trip to the airport. That works out almost £200 cheaper than flying from Leeds with the same airline and £75 cheaper than flying from East Midlands (and both of them I need transport and parking for!!).

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:25 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
More,
Going from Alicante to San Javier he wont have to touch the 332.
Come out of the airport at Alicante straight onto the AP7 and head south,after 45 mins he will pass the San Javier turn off.
The 332 is quicker for you because it passes Guardamar.,Mark would be going out of his way on that route.
Regards
Georgia

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
All booked and ready to go now .

Sat nav says to leave the airport and join the N338, then the A7/ E15. It goes on to the A30/ A7/ E15 (why can't they have one road number?), then to the 138 and off at Vera. I know the rest of the way . Flight gets in at 1820, so plenty of time to take in the sights while I am getting lost and my Son is nagging me . Right, now to book the hire car!

Thanks for the replies peeps.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
My brand new Michelin map that has much better info & correct motorway exits (more to the point)  than our previous CB map says out of L'Altet airport onto the CV344 off N332 (skirts airport) to the AP7 Jct 72 by Los Picapiedra (going over the N340)

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 4:51 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Mark,
The first bit where you come out of the airport can be quite confusing as you can take the A7 to Benidorm and Madrid or go south on the A7 towards Murcia and Torrevieja.
I would imagine once on the motorway you wont leave it again untill you get to the Vera Junction.
You should be OK with the sat nav though.
Georgia

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 5:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Many thanks.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 5:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You telling me my brand new £4.99 map's no better than my other £4.99 map, Georgia ?

Just as well I'm not going thataway to Vera on 17th then. You know "J&N", Jacqui & Neil with the cute little spaniel pups ? Well, Jacqui took ages to find a map of Andalucia & one of the pups has just chewed a hole in it ! Read their blog, hysterical it is. 

http://2littlepuppies.blogspot.com/ 

they went out tonight and we were supposed to be tired and sleep while they were out - but we didn’t!

We were playing and we had our dinner and then I found something. We like paper, we like chewing paper, cardboard, books, anything made from paper. Our love of paper started with the loo roll that used to be in the bathroom at the old house. Mum used to put a tissue under her pillow at night, but we could get that and shred it so she’s stopped.

That map of Andalucia that she worked so hard to get? Well, there’s now part of Spain missing – I ate it. Apparently, if we travel south for more than half an hour we are in a ‘map black hole’. 20 minutes further and we’re back on the map – life’s full of excitement, we should just go and see what’s therefore for ourselves, never mind what the map says!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 5:08 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi More,
I haven't looked at a map for years,Spanish maps are out of date the minute they come out,i have been to the airport that many times that i could probably do it blindfolded,in fact i might do that next time to try and break the monotony....................................

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 5:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
That's why we just bought this new one & our urb's marked on it.

Also our other one, bought 3 years ago, had the wrong numbers for exiting the AP7 & it's a wonder we ever got to where we were going. OH used to give me two or three alternatives to look for, made life so difficult.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 6:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
It just gets better . Hire car is 24€ cheaper with Doyouspain than it is at Murcia and it is offered on full/ full. That pays the extra travelling costs!! It also looks like there is no motorway toll either (according to TomTom), wonderful, more savings. Just wish they had published the Christmas fares from Manchester to Alicante now!

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, use http://www.hirecarsinspain.com/ choose ECONORENT.

You'll find they not only do full/full (Murcia & Alicante only) they charge only 16€ for their extra insurance & are cheaper than doyouspain. Check them out & let me know before I log off tomorrow  around 12. 

Check out my thread on them here >>> Econorent car hire only at Alicante & Murcia airports. A cut above the rest !

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:35 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I did check them, but they were €20 more than DYS.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I cancelled my doyouspain hire car when I booked with Econorent & they asked me why I cancelled so I told them thousands of us are pis**d off with forking out for full/empty so we'd found a hirer that didn't force that on us, not mentioning Econorent. Just maybe they're listening to us finally, who knows ??

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Maybe they've reduced their prices then so it's more attractive !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, NICE ONE MARK !!

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/8/2008.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:39 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

What hire company have you been given, if it's Record then you will get pushed into paying extra for insurance.  If you refuse then you'll have to leave a deposit of hundreds of euros on your credit card.

Did you try Hirecarsinspain they are very reasonable, much better than Record.  I think Record has really deteriated and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:39 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
It is only a Smart car miind, but for €60 for 5 days when there are only 2 of us!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:46 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Yes, I must mention also, Mark, that they were more expensive for our Malaga hire. BUT, and it's a big BUT,  they gave a choice of hire company and also, because we were renting for more than 28 days, we got a free upgrade.  So for an extra 60 euros for the whole rental (six weeks) we got a higher group car, as opposed to what DYS were offering..  Although, if you are renting for a shorter period, and don't mind if you can't actually choose which hire car firm you want, then maybe it's not for the one for you.  Everyone has different requirements - for us it worked out well, due to the fact we were renting for an extended period.  Also, with certain companies thru hirecarsinspain, if the hire period is three days or less you can negotiate regarding the fuel.  Fuel wasn't an issue for us though.

You just have to be able to check all the boxes that suit you.  Maybe DYS does that for you.  We were booked with them before we chose Hirecarsinspain. 

This message was last edited by Pitby on 6/8/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taking dog to Spain from N>Ireland - 7 posts
I Need A Cleaner Not Key Holder That Cleans! - 9 posts
adapters to fit an imperial pipe to a metric plumbing system - 4 posts
social services - 17 posts
Hello I'm new also - 3 posts
Hi, I am New. Hello everyone - 4 posts
Care & Welfare Guide for the Costa Blanca. Spring 2008 - 0 posts
Spanish spelling of....................... - 1 posts
Transport workers strike about fuel costs - 17 posts
Speeding ticket - 12 posts
Looking for long term rental that will accept 2 dogs in Quesada or near by area - 2 posts
Heating - Gas or Electric? - 8 posts
Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts
E.O.S.VIDEO - 9 posts
New rules for empadonamiento, again - 2 posts
Morerosado is leaving - 34 posts
Ryanair to start flying from London Stansted to Madrid - 0 posts
Spanish Airport Guide Newletter - 13 posts
New Airport at Corvera - 1 posts
Agencis Tributaria Renta return - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 42

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x