Heating - Gas or Electric?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Skippy498 Star rating in Los Alcazares. 16 posts Send private message

Hi

Buying an off-plan villa and we have the chance to have gas pipes put in to enable us to have gas heating if we so wish. My question is which would be cheaper to use for heating, the electric combined airconditioner/heating units or mains gas.  If anybody could tell us which is cheaper, gas or electric, that would help us to make up our minds whether or not to pay to have the pipes put in, thanks in advance.

Skippy

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 2:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Skippy

You'll find, at least I think you will, that piped gas is new so no one knows yet. Just a thought. 

As you have only posted this post in the General forums I suspect you have posted two in your development forum. Point I'm making is I searched to look at your other two posts to see if you'd mentioned whereabouts in Spain you've bought. If you mention your area/development others will respond if they indeed know the answer to your question. Big decision.

Please therefore would you put your area in Spain as your location in your profile. Muchos gracias.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 5:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Piped gas is available in very few places as far as I know. As Morerosado says, it would be good to know where you're buying. Some inner cities have piped gas, but I've not heard of it on new developments.
My instinct would be to go for gas. Electricity is pretty expensive here, plus cooking on gas is far better, in my opinion (not everybody's, obviously). I suppose on the other hand electric may be considered cleaner and safer. All a matter of personal preference, really. If you don't expect to be doing a great deal of cooking or heating (how cold will it get where you are?) it may not make a huge difference to you.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 5:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Rob

One of our members said ages ago that their development was going to be able to have piped gas. I recall that as the member & I were chatting on here about something & I got our map out to see where it was. It was JUMILLA, inland & a bit north of Alicante on this map.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 6:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Did you learn to read maps in the Girl Guides? That's West, not North, dear!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 6:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I said "inland & a bit north" which is where it is so get of yer high horse, Roberto.

You're lucky I'm around, I'm taking a break from bending over the case. 

Who's reading this anyway ? OK

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 6:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
You're right, I should be out on the terrace firing up the barbie (it's a beautiful evening) instead of in here debating compass points and piped gas! 
It's a gas barbie, BTW, but bottled, not piped......OK, OK, I'm outa here!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 6:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Have a good evening, Roberto.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 8:16 PM by Skippy498 Star rating in Los Alcazares. 16 posts Send private message

Hi all

I should have said we are buying at La Tercia Real, it is only recently that we have been told that mains gas is going to be piped in to the boiler, with the option to have the pipes put in for heating and cooking.

Thanks

Skippy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts
E.O.S.VIDEO - 9 posts
New rules for empadonamiento, again - 2 posts
Morerosado is leaving - 34 posts
Ryanair to start flying from London Stansted to Madrid - 0 posts
Spanish Airport Guide Newletter - 13 posts
New Airport at Corvera - 1 posts
Agencis Tributaria Renta return - 3 posts
Easyjet discounts: Book by June 10th for June 16th to July 17th flights, all flights ! - 3 posts
Furnishing bedroom for rental - which beds? - 2 posts
Driving from Santander to Guardamar - 12 posts
Arrohabitage Don JUAN cARVAJAL - 1 posts
Health Insurance - 1 posts
Spanish Universities - 26 posts
i need a mortgage for apartment an looking for the best deal help - 7 posts
Casoir - 3 posts
Healthcare - 16 posts
Are you coming this summer? - 53 posts
Long term rental required on La Torre - 0 posts
Communal pool regulations in Valencia - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x