Are you coming this summer?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Is it true that rentals locations in Costa del Sol will be empty this summer because you britons are not coming due to the fincncial crisis?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 2:53 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Well, it's not stopping us from coming, Maria!  We'll be there for six weeks during July and August and so looking forward to it!  Cannot wait to get there!!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 3:18 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

not stopping us either, we will be there July and Sept, and other family members will be there in between.  Even thou it's nearly pound for euro it won't stop us.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 4:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Not in the summer as it is far too hot . When we move out (eventually) I will holiday in England over August!!

Our family live 150 miles away from us in Leeds and at the moment it doesn't work out that much more expensive to have a weekend in Spain than it does to travel there by car. Flying isn't that expensive and I don't think the average Brit is going to worry too much about their pint costing an extra 10p. Travel agents are selling 2 weeks all inclusive to Spain for under £300, that won't affet the spending power.

Mark

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 4:45 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Not too hot for us, though, Mark!!  It was about 40c today and only getting hotter in July and August!  For us, southern Spain is heaven in the summer!  Especially as the green fees are reduced as it's regarded as low season because of the heat!

Excellent!!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 4:48 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
40c?? My desktop monitor says it is only the same temp as in Leeds today, at 20c!! I think my weather station must be playing up .

Mark

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 5:03 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Think your desktop monitor needs a service, Mark!!  I can vouch for the weather here - I had to sit through my son's swimming gala (outdoors!) this morning for two hours and all the parents were swimming too!!!  Unfortunately, not in the pool though!!  Did have airconditioning units working, but only felt the benefit if standing within two centimetres of them though!!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 5:32 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Sorry, can't afford it.  Gordon's put up petrol, milk, bread and (sob! sob!) booze.   The euro is nearly the same as the pound.  Ryanair and others have put up the cost of taking a suitcase on the plane so it's more expensive than taking the wife.  We also have to pay to book in at the airport, the cattery has put their prices up so she'll have to stay in the garden and fend for herself.  It costs as much to get a pair of trousers cleaned now that it does to buy a new pair and have you seen the price of deodorant nowadays?  I have to save up all my money just to pay the community charges in Spain and the council tax in UK so can't even afford a box of matches to light up my cheap fags bought in Spain last time I was there.  Just filled in my tax return and, despite the government taking virtually all my pension in tax, they want another 2 and half grand from me on top.
Enough of the sob stories!  Got a good deal with Thomsonfly (only a fiver for the suitcase), neighbours have offered to look after the cat, I won £10 on the lottery which should pay for the petrol to get to the end of my street so I'll be out at the beginning of July, middle of August, end of September and then look for offers in November.  You try keeping me away! 
Do your damnedest, Gordon Brown.  You won't stop me escaping to sunnier climes no matter how much you and your cronies rip me off to keep your pension funds topped up and your expenses claims rolling in.  Us Brits will find a way to escape, even if means hitchhiking all the way across Europe.  As long as I don't wear a football shirt, I should manage to get a lift!!!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 6:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Count us in, too. Over Monday for 24 days for starters.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 9:22 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

We are in Spain for two weeks in June and then again in September. It's cheaper than staying at home and hopefully, the weather will be better!

This message was last edited by Tish on 6/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 9:36 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I am so glad you are coming!
Thanks for coming!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 9:42 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
OH YES!

We are in Duquesa from the 28th June until the 15th July for our last Holiday from the UK!

As from then on in, we will be moving to Spain later this year!

Have already sourced the LHD car here in the UK, got the Dog Passport sorted out, and we are hopefully going to complete on our 3 bed, 2.5 bath town house in the next couple of weeks. Our 2nd Spanish property purchase!!!!

Can't wait for the holiday, more so can't wait to move.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 10:07 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Isn't stopping us either, Maria. We are out for 2 weeks from 13th August - 9 weeks and 6 days (not that I'm counting!!!! )

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 11:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
That reminds me, we should start to book a date to arrange another EOS meet up.  It's been a while since the last one.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 11:13 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

What about meeting up when we are there in July, any night from 12th July during that week.

Oh, and don't forget the wallet this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
05 Jun 2008 11:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
My husband & I are actually going to drive from Guardamar on the CB to Vera area, Costa Almeria. 

I've made so many new friends on EOS & two couples living in Almeria, who we have never met, have invited us to go to stay with them, isn't THAT amazing ? 

So, on June 17th, we are staying with Jacqui & Neil ("J&N") http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com/ & their little spaniel puppies, Brandy & Brinkley http://2littlepuppies.blogspot.com/ who they drove to Spain with a few weeks ago. On June 18th we're staying with Jane & Terry ("Jane b") at their beautiful guesthouse http://www.lastortugas.net/bb.html  as their guests. We're all very excited !

We're meeting Pat ("Patpur") & Trevor ("Acapulco") & Teresa, his wife. Never met them before. We've met so many members from EOS over the past year. Georgia, Gillespie, Semijubilada, Hudsey, Harley, Pat & Roy, Formentera Costa, Karensun, PVP, Dennis Mundy, JPD, Sten46 & Jules 1. (Hope I've not missed anyone). Been such a good experience.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2008 12:03 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Just wait until you guys 'n gals meet me!!!!!!

And the Mrs (ahem)

Now that will be a night to remember, and then some.

The 12th of July sounds great, as it's a Saturday, no need to worry about the following day!

Any later and we won't be able to attend, as we have to go back to the UK on the night of the 14th

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
06 Jun 2008 12:29 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
We too are coming - end of June then again end August/beginning September. In between those time our apartment will be occupied by either family or friends. So credit crunch do your worse!

Like 0      
06 Jun 2008 8:06 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
12th of July is actually a little tricky...it's Susan's birthday and I had some plans

Actually, just realised that we launched EOS on 12 July 2004.  So on 12 July this year the site will officially be 4 years old!

Maybe we can do a meet on the 11th?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Jun 2008 8:21 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Does that mean the drinks are on you this time Justin???????????????????

A few of us are meeting up on 11th in the port, Jan and Caroline (Duquesa Village) as it's Caroline and Neils last night.

This message was last edited by leema on 6/6/2008.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term rental required on La Torre - 0 posts
Communal pool regulations in Valencia - 3 posts
New Ruling for Registering on the Padron - 11 posts
Help! Apartment needed before completion. - 30 posts
Computer Guru required... - 25 posts
Valencian Health Cards to go !!!! - 8 posts
Hi, I'm new!! - 6 posts
Great photo opportunity tomorrow morning at Alicante airport - 8 posts
Commercial mortgage help required. - 2 posts
bistro red - 8 posts
4 X 4 hire - Murcia - 0 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE BEACH CLUB AT VALLE DEL ESTE IS OPEN AGAIN - 4 posts
Wanted Second Hand Diesel Car - 6 posts
automatic car wanted - 0 posts
MERCEDES SL500 - 0 posts
Deposits paid. OVP Ocean View Properties / Sungolf Desarrollo inmobilliario.sa - 18 posts
Banco De Valencia - 3 posts
good lunch place - 0 posts
Orange.es - 2 posts
Any recommendations for letting agents in Torrevieja? - 2 posts
Licence of First Occupation- What Happens if You Don't Get It? - 10 posts
Restaurant El Toro Steakhouse, CV 951 road to Torremendo, Alicante. - 5 posts
Globespan - 5 posts
Can any EOS member Recommend a Good Car Hire company based at Malaga Airport. - 8 posts
Problems with bank guarantees on Santa Maria Greenhills - 34 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x