bistro red

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of the best and cheapest way to get from the airport to Duquesa when you don't drive, I'm not confident to drive on the other side of the road,  prices I am getting are 110 euros, It doesn't cost that much to fly from Newcastle to Malag!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas would be welcome.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 4:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Maureen, try these http://www.costa-blanca-transfers.com/ if you haven't already. They do airport transfers from Malaga etc not just the CB area, as their website infers.

Good luck.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 4:49 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I'm not sure, Maureen, but I think you might be looking at the bus.  I thought there was some sort of train service, but can't seem to find one going along the coast from Malaga towards Duquesa (I thought there was a line going at least to Fuengirola).

Anyone got any info?

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 5:01 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
The couple who look after our apartment do airport runs and from Malaga to Calahonda they charge 45 euro (before midnight) each way, which I think is expensive. It's a shame you don't want to drive as we only ever pay 80/90 euro for a week for a car. I can ask them how much they charge for Duquesa if you'd like me to?
Some friends of ours who are going to the apartment prefer not to drive and won't pay that much for a pick up, have researched buses and say they will go from the airport to Malaga bus station and get a bus from there and it costs 10 euro each to Calahonda so I guess that bus just carries on along the coast road - I can ask them if you like?

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 5:18 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
I've had a Google myself and it seems that you would go from Malaga Airport with Automoviles Portillo that run an express bus service from outside the arrivals. You take the express bus service to Marbella (45 minutes) 3.80 euro and from Marbella you would need to change buses twice by the look of it to get to Duquesa. 

The web site with time tables etc. is www.ctsa-portillo.com 

Hope this is of help to you.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 6:11 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

The train runs from Malaga airport as far as Fuengirola. The fare is about 2 euros (based on the fare from Torreblanca @ 1.65 euros). The trains run about every 30 mins, but I'm unsure of the times after 7pm   and on Sundays and Festivals.
The station is on the main street in Fuengirola, and if you cross the road as soon as you exit the station then turn left and then take the first right you come to the bus station. I'ts not far . Take a look on google maps, the station is on Av. de Jesus Santos Rein and the bus station is on the street between Av. de Jesus Santos Rein and Av. Ramon y Cajal. If you get the sattellite view you can even see the buses parked along the street.

You can get a bus from there to Marbella,and, since it's a main bus station (not very big) you may even get a bus directly to Duquesa from there. The taxi rank is also at the side of the bus station, so that's a possibility. Though again probably expensive.
You could also link to the bus service that Cioffi1  describes.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 6:37 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sandra - thanks!!  I thought I was going potty!!  I knew I'd heard/read something about a train link to Fuengirola, but couldn't find it at all!! 

So that is an option, after all!

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 6:58 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Thank you everyone for the info, my friend coming out with me has decided to drive, so problem solved for that visit, but will pass the info over to my son and his wife who are coming out for their honeymoon the first two weeks in August.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 11:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Timetable and price from Airport to Marbella direct here: http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/ima/pdf/aeropuerto.pdf 

Not sure if there are any buses to Duquesa, but there are services on to La Linea for example, which may stop at or near Duquesa.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

4 X 4 hire - Murcia - 0 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE BEACH CLUB AT VALLE DEL ESTE IS OPEN AGAIN - 4 posts
Wanted Second Hand Diesel Car - 6 posts
automatic car wanted - 0 posts
MERCEDES SL500 - 0 posts
Deposits paid. OVP Ocean View Properties / Sungolf Desarrollo inmobilliario.sa - 18 posts
Banco De Valencia - 3 posts
good lunch place - 0 posts
Orange.es - 2 posts
Any recommendations for letting agents in Torrevieja? - 2 posts
Licence of First Occupation- What Happens if You Don't Get It? - 10 posts
Restaurant El Toro Steakhouse, CV 951 road to Torremendo, Alicante. - 5 posts
Globespan - 5 posts
Can any EOS member Recommend a Good Car Hire company based at Malaga Airport. - 8 posts
Problems with bank guarantees on Santa Maria Greenhills - 34 posts
Roguey - 0 posts
Anyone see an audience with Neil diamond on ITV ? - 4 posts
Manyana muy bien para mi. - 1 posts
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SELF EMPLOYED PEOPLE IN SPAIN - 3 posts
Excelente manyana - 2 posts
Please Take Note!!!! This Happened - 1 posts
Garden Furniture August 2008 - 2 posts
coming to spain - 0 posts
Cancellation of contract - 5 posts
Caravan registration & Insurance - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x