Can any EOS member Recommend a Good Car Hire company based at Malaga Airport.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Kevellen Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Morning.

I know that there are probably many Car Hire Companies operating around Malaga airport.

I am sure that various EOS members have had personal experience of Car hire from these companies.

We would appreciate it if any EOS members could Recommend the Ones to Use and  more Importantly the Ones to Avoid please?

Thank You

Kevellen

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 1:09 PM by hfagan Star rating in Hove, East Sussex. 36 posts Send private message

hfagan´s avatar
You are better off using a broker like Carjet.com  or DoYouSpain.com for car hire at the airport.  They use the same suppliers that you would hire from but are usually cheaper.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 1:17 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Kevellen
I've been trying to get an answer to this myself.  After trawling through most of the well known sites we take pot luck with doyouspain.  You don't pay up front which is helpful. 

I've found that ALL companies screw you for petrol - full empty policy - so although they may look cheap be prepared for anything up to 100€ extra at the desk. I checked Hertz this week and they say that they operate a full full policy (does anyone know if this is correct?) but they want an extra 7.5€ per day for an extra driver.  Most of the ones via doyouspain give you this option free. 

All still cheaper than Morocco. I spent yesterday afternoon trying to source a cheap 2 day hire next week and they are coming out at the same price as a 9 day hire in Malaga! So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very pleased. We've tried lots of companies there over the years and have just accepted that they're expensive.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 1:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Kevellen

So much has already been discussed in the endless car hire threads. Maybe search "Malaga" to see if you can find info. The thread (click blue link) CAR HIRE has lots of info.  It's all here, spend an hour looking. http://www.doyouspain.com/ is the best agent to go through, in my opinion.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 2:04 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

I use Malaga airport for car hire about 10 times per year. What i normally do is check doyouspain and see which company it reccomends. i am totally against this full/empty policy as some of my trips ares just 3 or 4 days and there is no way i will use a full tank. The only hire company to operate out of Malaga airport without this Policy is Record. 
So if the cheapest company reccomended by doyouspain is not Record then i go direct to the Record website. You can register for free membership to a points system and eveytime you book with them you obtain money off your next booking. Its usually 6 to 10 euros but it all helps. Another tip is if its just me travelling or me and my wife then i always book the smallest car listed. When i get to the desk they always say we are upgrading you (dont think they own any 2 door basic cars) usually end up with a 4 door renault megane when i have booked a 2 door citreon C1.
I never take there extra insurance either. They will say you have to ay 300 euro deposit if you dont. Just stand firm as they have never taken it from me yet. When you return the vehicles they do not even check them over or even the fuel guage for that matter.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 4:29 PM by gs Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

http://www.email-car-hire.com they use  record rent a car, which is based on the lower ground in the airport, I have used them about ten times and they always do like for like with the petrol.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2008 10:44 AM by Kevellen Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Thank You All Very Much for your help in this matter.

I would much rather make a decision based upon other peoples' personal experience than just browse the internet sites.

Thanks Again.

kevellen.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 10:05 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi Kevellen.   We had a long winter car hire from Malaga airport only paid for half tank that seems the norm for this company , very good service no complaints also they were the cheapest long term price by over 500 Euroes thats true, the company is called  MALAGACAR . COM  also its worth taking the extra insurance for glass/ wheels as these are not covered by most car hire firms and its only about 3 euroes a day , check it out see how it goes.  Rgds Rosi n

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 2:08 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

To confirm what Samson has said. We used Record last week and returned the car yesterday morning. 9 day hire of a Berlingo. No fuel charge at beginning of rental although the rep tried to say it would be cheaper to pay up front than refuel.  We drove to Tarifa and back plus pottered around Fuengirola for 9 days and used 40€ diesel - about half a tank.  They did check condition of car and amount of fuel so best not to risk not filling up! 
Obviously tried to sell their extra insurance despite our Insurance4carehire policy but didn't ask for a deposit. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Problems with bank guarantees on Santa Maria Greenhills - 34 posts
Roguey - 0 posts
Anyone see an audience with Neil diamond on ITV ? - 4 posts
Manyana muy bien para mi. - 1 posts
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SELF EMPLOYED PEOPLE IN SPAIN - 3 posts
Excelente manyana - 2 posts
Please Take Note!!!! This Happened - 1 posts
Garden Furniture August 2008 - 2 posts
coming to spain - 0 posts
Cancellation of contract - 5 posts
Caravan registration & Insurance - 3 posts
Manolo's restaurant, Campo de Guardamar, CB - 1 posts
Coming soon: new facility for Halifax bank: International Electronic Funds Transfers online - 0 posts
Budapest.................... - 2 posts
Moving costs - 2 posts
Indulge me... Jodie is Nancy...yessssssssssssssssssssss - 18 posts
have a look - 3 posts
What do i need to do before being allowed to take my Rottweiler into Spain - 10 posts
Taking my 2 dogs, 1 parrot a snake and a lizard to Alicante - 32 posts
EASYJET WARNING !! (NOT JUST EASYJET, there's INTERFLORA, EXPEDIA, VISTAPRINT, ALLPOSTERS, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc) - 20 posts
one for the EOS team or an old hand - 3 posts
Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!! - 24 posts
Restaurants in Elviria? - 22 posts
Made to Measure Curtains - La Cala De Mijas area - 2 posts
Flights from Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead to Almera or Murcia ??? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x