Licence of First Occupation- What Happens if You Don't Get It?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi,
My position at the moment is, flat has been released by builder and I'm in the process of completing.

Someone else who has bought through a different company from me, but in the same phase has now been told she will not get her licence for at least  6  months.

I have it written as an annexe to my contract that the builders have agreed that we will not sign the title deeds without this.  Meanwhile I have written to my lawyer to find out if out licence is available and I am waiting on a reply.

I have written also to people in the previous 2 phases of this build and they only received their licence this year, TWO years after completing.

What should I do if told the licence isn't ready...should I wait and wait for maybe up to 2 years before completing or what would happen if I completed without the licence...what could go wrong.  Please advise...I thought I did the right thing getting it on my contract, but obviously if the licence isn't there, it isn'e there!

Thanks, any info would be appreciated.

Sharon

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 6:50 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Do not sign without FOL. Even if the Notary agrees on that.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 7:39 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi  leeabby
What Maria has recommended is or course the correct  legal advice any reputable solicitor would give.
Now ?
What does your solicitor say regarding your individual situation on this development ?
Is there a danger that the developer could go bankrupt while waiting for the licence ?
What would happen to your deposit if they did go pop?
If they went pop are you happy that a bank guarantee would pay your back you deposit.?
If your case is taken to court and you lost are you aware that some developers are claiming lost interest etc ( I only say claiming)
Is this property what you want and do you want to complete ?
What is holding up the licence?
Are their issues that could stop a licence being issued?
Are the banks lending on this development ?
Are you moving out to Spain to this development.?
What happens to your deposit if they knock the development down ? (it completed so the bank guarantee may then be void )
Why not consider completing if thats what YOU want and have a clause entered or a sum held pending the issue of the licence ?

PERHAPS MARIA COULD ADVISE IF THIS THIS COULD BA ARRANGED.

SORRY BUT WHILE THIS ONE FITS ALL IS THE CORRECT UNLESS YOUR PARTICULAR CASE AND DEVELOPMENT IS CONSIDERED THERE ARE MANY NOW THAT HAVE TO TAKE THEIR OWN VIEW.( and that may mean stepping outside of the block)
This includes what you are doing and getting advice from several sources so as to make an informed decision.
ON THE OTHER COIN THE DEVELOPMENT MAY BE REFUSED A LICENCE/THEY MAY KNOCK IT DOWN AND YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SELL IN THE FUTURE.
GREAT CHOICE

Could be a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont.

THIS IN NO WAY IS INTENDED TO STOP YOU TAKING MARIAS ADVICE BUT SOME HAVE TO HAVE A PLAN B OR C
Good luck

Dan

This message was last edited by Just Dan on 6/3/2008.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 1:20 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar
Can anyone tell me what documents I need to take with me to collect
habitacion certificate from town hall.

GYPSY

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 1:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I would think NIE & copia simple. Our President handed ours to us so I'm just guessing, Gypsy, sorry.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 2:50 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Just your passport and your private contract will suffice. Anyhow, your developer must provide that to you too.
Best regards,
Maria L. de Castro

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 6:04 PM by marca Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hello Maria
We have asked our lawyer a few times now to get our deposit back because the wait is so long and the builder still does not have the FOL . the property was finished in Jan 08.we told our lawyer we would not complete without OLF.We would just like to have all our deposit back as we have found the wait which is 21 months .When we signed back in Dec 06 we were told the expected build date was for june /sep of 07.
There is a builders guarantee on the property.How do we go about getting a return of deposit.As our lawyer does not seem to want to know.
Thanks Marca

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 6:50 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Do you have a Bank Guarantee ? Yes: ASk your lawyer to execute it.
                                                             No: Ask your lawyer to initiate dealings for cancellation ( Breach of contract: delay)

If by any reason, you would end up completing... you would be entitled to price reduction as a compensation for delay.

Best is possible.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 8/29/2008.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 11:33 AM by twmccurry Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We completed the purchase of a new detached villa on Mazarron Country Club in March 2006. We were assured by our solicitor that the developer, Huma Mediterraneo SL was highly respected and that the certification of first occupation would definately be issued soon after we completed. Unfortunately, we and most other people who have bought are staill waiting. Some have been waiting for 4 years now. Do we have any claim against our solicitor in respect of his advice for us to complete? What other action can you recommend? Is there any chance of us getting our money back at this late stage? Is there a professional body regulating the actions of lawyers in Spain similar to The Law Society in the UK?

Terry & Sue

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 5:01 PM by Alicante Lawyer Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

2Consejo General de la Abogacia Española"

and if your solicitor is from Murcia area: 

"Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Murcia"

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 7:52 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Further to Alicante Lawyers advice, ..you'll get absolutely no where with the Collegio de Abogados.  If you do want to try though, your complaint has to be written in Spanish.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Restaurant El Toro Steakhouse, CV 951 road to Torremendo, Alicante. - 5 posts
Globespan - 5 posts
Can any EOS member Recommend a Good Car Hire company based at Malaga Airport. - 8 posts
Problems with bank guarantees on Santa Maria Greenhills - 34 posts
Roguey - 0 posts
Anyone see an audience with Neil diamond on ITV ? - 4 posts
Manyana muy bien para mi. - 1 posts
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SELF EMPLOYED PEOPLE IN SPAIN - 3 posts
Excelente manyana - 2 posts
Please Take Note!!!! This Happened - 1 posts
Garden Furniture August 2008 - 2 posts
coming to spain - 0 posts
Cancellation of contract - 5 posts
Caravan registration & Insurance - 3 posts
Manolo's restaurant, Campo de Guardamar, CB - 1 posts
Coming soon: new facility for Halifax bank: International Electronic Funds Transfers online - 0 posts
Budapest.................... - 2 posts
Moving costs - 2 posts
Indulge me... Jodie is Nancy...yessssssssssssssssssssss - 18 posts
have a look - 3 posts
What do i need to do before being allowed to take my Rottweiler into Spain - 10 posts
Taking my 2 dogs, 1 parrot a snake and a lizard to Alicante - 32 posts
EASYJET WARNING !! (NOT JUST EASYJET, there's INTERFLORA, EXPEDIA, VISTAPRINT, ALLPOSTERS, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc) - 20 posts
one for the EOS team or an old hand - 3 posts
Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!! - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x