Fake news...hope so

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 May 2021 5:21 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Hope this is false news on facebook.

#thankyoubrexit.

Seems visiting family and friends to our homes will have to be sent an invitation  and a fee paid.first.

Like 0      
18 May 2021 9:04 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

https://www.facebook.com/AskRichelleAndalucia/photos/a.102931558303892/231682652095448

Like 0      
19 May 2021 9:30 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

If this is true? Spain is killing itself without realising it, reason has to be they want to deter, as If they could, visitors from staying free in family and friends homes and book into a Hotel or such, (Income, tax paid etc) won't ever happen, you would think, have they got one of our idiot leaders on the payroll giving them crazy advice? Personally I can't ever see this happening, but no smoke without fire we know.

Like 1      
19 May 2021 11:49 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

It's Facebook. Anyone found anything official about this? Each of the solicitors and rental advice sites I've looked at state you don't have to worry about friends and family as long as you aren't charging them rent. If that happens it must be declared but nothing about just letting them stay.

Still, we all know the way regulations get read over here but anything official would be nice.

Like 0      
19 May 2021 12:58 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Try this site  of 19/05/2021

www.interior.gob.es

Like 0      
19 May 2021 1:54 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I have experienced similar laws/rules in some far eastern/middle east countries. Some airlines will not allow you to fly without a return ticket even if you have a visa or visa exempt. Some countries require an invitation letter from a resident before granting a visa. However for those visa exempt what’s to stop you booking a hotel on a pay on arrival basis.

As far as Spain is concerned, if true, it would be the usual unenforceable pie crust rules. If enforced the airports would become log jammed.

This subject is just a pop at BREXIT and swallowed up by the drama queens. Spain is financially deperate for any tourist with a shilling in their pocket.

Like 3      
19 May 2021 3:43 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I agree with Kav. Another Brexit scare story. How would the authorities deal with people who book different accomodation for each night that they are in the country?  i.e. Those that choose to travel around the country and book which town to stay in when they get there.  Also people who own a property in Spain, how would they know whether they were an owner or a guest? Would they expect them to have the title deeds for their property in order to enter the country? I don't think so. 

Like 1      
19 May 2021 7:26 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

There are two government websites that talk about this. In both cases, they refer to someone applying for a Schengen visa to enter Spain who need a letter of invitation to get the visa. Won't apply to Brits as no visa will be necessary. 

Like 1      
19 May 2021 7:55 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello mariedav

That makes a lot of sense.** EDITED **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/19/2021 11:15:00 PM.

Like 2      
19 May 2021 8:57 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

** EDITED **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/19/2021 11:15:00 PM.

Like 0      
20 May 2021 2:04 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/20/uk-travellers-to-france-may-be-asked-proof-of-accommodation-as-part-of-post-brexit-changes?fbclid=IwAR1L6H4hl5qv_pPINZtjhsOi5fuD1heDcIXys7U66urSTmrYjHWJPU0RQr8

Like 0      
20 May 2021 3:56 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Thank you John

The article seems to border on scaremongering and full of maybe, if’s and buts’.

I am certainly not an immigration expert, but I would guess that almost all countries in the world will have laws/rules in their armoury to deny anyone entry into their country, even perhaps wearing the wrong colour socks.

Unless the Spanish government announces publicly what laws and rules it intends to enforce upon UK passport holders over and above the 90/180 day rule I would take all this with a pinch of salt. If I am wrong, maybe we should change the thread title to ‘’TOURIST SUICIDE RULES’’.

Parts of the article:-

may need proof, may be asked, is expected, officials are entitled to ask for it.  but may equally be asked, expected to apply, It is not clear to what extent the requirements will be enforced for post-Brexit British travellers. may be sufficient for UK nationals, suggest the chance,  err on the side of caution, Border control officers are also entitled to ask non-EU visitors, British government was currently “seeking urgent clarity”.

Like 3      
20 May 2021 5:43 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

What's acutely going to happen when you visit the EU in the near future...all UK citizens will need a private insurance policy up to the value of £30,000 even though you have a GHIC / you will also need pre-booked holiday accommodation or address / you must have a return dated ticket ..I was reading this on a couple of internet web sites last night apparently France will be the first to inforce the new requirements.

Like 0      
20 May 2021 6:25 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements    

At Spanish border control, you may need to use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens when queueing. Your passport may be stamped on entry and exit. You may also need to:

• show a return or onward ticket
  • show you have enough money for your stay
  • show proof of accommodation for your stay, for example, a hotel booking confirmation, proof of address if visiting your own property (e.g. second home), or an invitation from your host or proof of their address if staying with a third party, friends or family. The Spanish Government has clarified that the “carta de invitation” is one of the options available to prove that you have accommodation if staying with friends or family. More information is available from the Spanish Ministry of Interior.
  •  

Like 1      
20 May 2021 7:15 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I have owned a villa in Spain for the last 17 years..and when I read what the EU are going to implement across the EU ..it's makes me feel unwelcome ... personally I think the so called European Union are at high risk of alienating themselves .. without thinking it through properly...it looks like to me that the EU are erecting a new iron curtain...very similar to that of communist Russia.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 20/05/2021.

Like 2      
20 May 2021 8:03 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES SPAIN THINK BRITS ARE GOING TO BE DESTITUTE BEGGARS IN THEIR COUNTRY?

At Spanish border control, you may need to use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens when queueing. Your passport may be stamped on entry and exit. You may also need to:

• show a return or onward ticket
  • show you have enough money for your stay. HOW MUCH MONEY €1 or £1,000,000
  • show proof of accommodation for your stay, for example, a hotel booking confirmation, proof of address if visiting your own property (e.g. second home), or an invitation from your host or proof of their address if staying with a third party, friends or family. The Spanish Government has clarified that the “carta de invitation” is one of the options available to prove that you have accommodation if staying with friends or family. More information is available from the Spanish Ministry of Interior.
  •  

IS ALL THIS BREXIT TIT FOR TAT NONSENSE BY SPAIN? If Spain doesn’t want Brits why not just say so and stop fannying about. Change may to must, or shut up.

I'm of to Portugal

Like 3      
20 May 2021 8:40 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Meanwhile they can come and go to the UK with no cost and freedom......About right.

Like 2      
20 May 2021 9:07 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Baz in your opinion.

Why would Spain enforce these rules to British nationals? What would Spain gain from these rules? Does Spain have an issue with British tourists and residents?

Like 3      
21 May 2021 1:15 AM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

well they turn on the screw at La Linea to Gib  when necessary  { and why wouldn't they?)  

Like 1      
21 May 2021 10:05 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi Kavanagh. The only reason I can think of as to why they are having a pop at us is the leaving of the EU, very child like to say the least, (And no insult to kids) but we do know that 'So called leaders' of the EU got really miffed at us about leaving and perhaps these have greater powers to control Spain in what it should do and can't do.....And of course the lost money over the past year or so has to come from somewhere, their own people won't cough up, so then the golden goose turns up. I read hardly any news these days, for the fear of jumping of Beachy Head if I do, but of late the other things Spain has been doing to people that want to live in Spain permanently, is cutting their nose of to spite their face, after all for the most part everything worked well, seemed to, before we left the EU. I have no idea if Spain is doing this to all other nationalities that want to come and visit. Maybe when Spain realises they are losing a good chunk of money from any resident or holiday maker the message will sink in. Have to take Gib out of it, they will always want that, and will stir trouble up when they can concerning that....As you can see I don't really know why. On another point, if anyone is reading this has anyone got any idea how I can space paragraphs out, something changed on my laptop and I can't get it back???

Like 3      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

All won cases for you by CostaLuz Lawyers in 2021 - 0 posts
Contact lenses subscription in Madrid, Spain as Boots UK are going to stop my service - 4 posts
Costa del sol or Costa Calida - 4 posts
Tax - if refused residency - 3 posts
living in spain now - 12 posts
Iberdrola changing clients to Siesta Energy - 2 posts
New speed limits in force 11/05/2021 - 5 posts
Party wall - 2 posts
Gama builders - 0 posts
Game builders - 0 posts
Labels - 0 posts
Watchmanager - 4 posts
renewing spanish driving licence. - 2 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Guadalmina golf share - 0 posts
buying a small boat - 2 posts
ITV and insurance documents - 4 posts
Buying in Fuente de Piedra? - 7 posts
Pool builders in Costa blanca south - 1 posts
Student? - 1 posts
Ibi office estepona - 1 posts
Won cases so far in 2021 by Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Owning a Spanish car as a Non-Resident - 24 posts
PCR Tests - 9 posts
scrapping a car - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x