New speed limits in force 11/05/2021

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2021 8:11 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I saw this graphic yesterday explaining the new speed limits which have come into force. 

Like 1      
12 May 2021 12:10 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Unless they start fining everyone I can't see this making much of a difference. No one ever drove within the speed limit when it was at 50! If you were to really drive at 30 you would cause a huge traffic jam in a large urban area like Madrid or Valencia. I honestly don't think this will help at all. 

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
16 May 2021 8:57 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

This is a new government money making scheme, beware there will be police with speed cameras everywhere.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2021 5:15 PM by jax7 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Have they changed the roadsigns? I'm sure that if they haven't, it can't be law

Like 0      
01 Jun 2021 5:25 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

They have in many places. Road up from us was 40kph and the sign now says 30kph.

I don't think they have to put road signs up in urban areas, though. Isn't it like UK where the type of road determines the speed limit? Or  the number of lamp posts or something like that. Certainly don't see many speed limit signs in urban roads in UK unless it changes it from the national rules.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2021 7:57 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The reason you don't see any roadsigns in urban areas is that they've used them all at Murcia Airport - there must be around 40 along the two mile stretch from the main road to the airport. 

Most of them change the speed from 80 clicks to 60 then back to 80 etc etc within a hundred yards of each other - for no apparent reason.  A total and utter waste of time - everyone zooms along at 100 kph or more anyway!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Party wall - 2 posts
Gama builders - 0 posts
Game builders - 0 posts
Labels - 0 posts
Watchmanager - 4 posts
renewing spanish driving licence. - 2 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Guadalmina golf share - 0 posts
buying a small boat - 2 posts
ITV and insurance documents - 4 posts
Buying in Fuente de Piedra? - 7 posts
Pool builders in Costa blanca south - 1 posts
Student? - 1 posts
Ibi office estepona - 1 posts
Won cases so far in 2021 by Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Owning a Spanish car as a Non-Resident - 24 posts
PCR Tests - 9 posts
scrapping a car - 2 posts
Low pressure from new water heater - 2 posts
Court costs - 6 posts
Bank Second Line Security ID - 6 posts
Is Andalusia open to uk residents - 1 posts
for sale nice guitar - 1 posts
wanted snooker partner - 0 posts
UK car in airport parking, no mot and tax - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x