All seems to have gone pear shaped

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2007 5:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Oh, Mark, we were ALL routing for you SO MUCH TOO, weren't WE ?

I think it's ever since you put your "bah humbug" as part of your siggie, personally.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2007 5:45 PM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't completed.  I have to add though if more people did kick up a stink, then maybe some companies would start treating customers like they should as apposed to treating them as a number.

It's not only Spain where you have these issues, I'm currently attempting!!! to have some business cards printed, started with a company in Spain who said they could do the work, they let me down and then some idiot in the south east of England who fobbed me off with more excuses than what teenagers have for not handing in their homework on time.

I am currently on my third company and feel that I have to really hold their hand, otherwise they are going to balls it up.

I wouldn't mind but it's only a white piece of card with some black writing and the problem silver foil!!!!!

I know it's not really the same but I can relate to your frustrations at the moment, I would really like to throw the towel in, but I just refuse.

I hope you get it all sorted asap and begin to enjoy your property, and receive some compo for your troubles.

Good Luck

Like 0      
03 Dec 2007 6:53 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

Sorry to hear that it didn't happen.

Look on the bright side though - at least they found the money

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Dec 2007 1:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Shan't bore you with all the details of what has gone wrong this week, but suffice it to say we still have not completed . I am livid at the moment and what I think of GE can't be put into words on a family orientated forum.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Dec 2007 7:08 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Oh dear Mark, sorry it is still not happening for you.

I will be thinking of you, good luck and kind thoughts,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 11:42 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

While I am on "the sick" and tucked up in bed with my trusty laptop, let me fill you in on the latest debacle. Once this is over, I shall have to start another thread about incompetence in the finance sector, I am sure this will be just as big a subject as the rogue estate agents!!

I don't know how much of the story you remember, but we were supposed to send 7000€ to the Gestoria and take 33000€ as a draft to completion. We arranged with the lender (to save money) to send 40000€ to the Gestoria so that all the payments could be made in one lump sum. The amount was transferred to them and we were subsequently told that the Gestoria doen't have the authority to pay our money and the 33000€ would be refunded. When checking our account, the Gestoria refunded us 7000€  . Many apologies for their terrible mistake later lead to another transfer being made to us of 26000€ to reach our account by Monday 10th at the latest. Guess what  NO MONEY. We waited until today to check the account again. NO MONEY . We spoke to our agent about the many many cock ups that GE (yes, I am going to name and shame them) were making with our mortgage. We asked him to get onto the lender and find where the money was. He also took our bank details and promised to telephone Barclays for us.

Are we ready for the greatest bit of incompetence yet? Are we sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin.

The 26000€ hit our branch yesterday  . The 26000€ was returned to GE yesterday . Why I hear you ask? Because the  Gestoria had failed to comply with money laundering regulations for non residents .

The builder have told us that if we fail to complete at the next appointment on Thursday, the house will be re- marketed and we will forfeit all monies paid. GE have said they will send the money again today, but frankly, I have not the slightest bit of faith in them at all now.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 12:00 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

OMG!

Poor poor you!!

Well, the only good thing that can come out of all this is that the steam that you are producing will do wonders keeping this awful flu bug away, that's around at the moment!

Fingers crossed for the safe receipt of this next transfer.............................

Keep smiling!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 12/11/2007.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 12:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark

Sheer incompetance. ( Wasn't anyone I recommended, thank the Lord).

Guess you didn't make it to Scotland today then !

Love More x

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 12:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You couldn't make it up really could you? The Keystome Cops would've been proud of this for a script .

No, Scotland didn't figure this morning when I was "dying" before my Co Codamol and Meltus (disgusting stuff).

Mark

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 1:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear it didn't happen, all sent to try us, keep calm, no good getting stressed out about it, it's out of your hands, told you we had kerfuffles with our completion too. You want to kill them I know. But just to add insult to injury, the builders come back with the ultimatums, back on the market???? Like they've got a load of waiting buyers, my ar**!!! As long as you keep them informed of what is happening, like we did they should be fine. All builders (UK included) try to put the pressure on to get their completions by their target dates. The problems normally lie with lack of communication with sales and our builders were fine when we were in regular contact via e mail and kept up to date and no ultimatums. Sorry if I'm telling you something you are already doing but maybe it will help anyone else who may be experiencing something similar. Good luck Mark you're almost there and will be worth it in the long run believe me. Trust me I'm an Estate Agent

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 1:55 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh gosh Mark! I have had similar a couple of times with clients - ignore the builders and they should be tied in with a contract in any ccase!

The agent will want it to complete too and its not your fault! Anyway, threaten them back with blocking any future sale with anyone else - its the law in Spain and I am about to use the very same instrument with regards to a seller who is trying to renage on a deal!!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 4:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

GOTCHA!!!!!

Instead of moaning now about the crap agent, and the crap building society, we have to worry now about paying the mortgage . Never thought I would be happy having to pay a mortgage!!

Got a phone call from Dave Baxter this afternoon about 1.30pm to say he had the keys in his hands . He will be snagging tomorrow for us and is going to meet us at the apartment when we arrive next Thursday to hand over the keys . He is also going to make sure the water is heated for us and that everything is ready for us to have a nice cup of tea (or big beer!!! ). when we arrive.

Thanks for all the support from everyone, I thought I was going to go stir crazy at one time .

Cheers everyone, and here's to many happy years in Spain  

Mark

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 5:13 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

MARK  !!

x x x

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 6:02 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Glad to hear that you have finally got there, Mark.

Enjoy your trip - are you arriving into Almeria on Thursday?

We are at about 11.50am

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 6:15 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks Karen a Noreen What a relief!!!

We are flying into Murcia Noreen, I thought that was where you were going too?  Our flight arrives at 15.10, so if you were going to Murcia, we wouldn't see you unless you experienced a horrible delay (and I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!)

Mark

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 6:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It's finally happened !!

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 7:31 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

No we are definitely going to Almeria. Well I hope so anyway, cos that is where we are picking the car up from.

We land at 11.50 so should be at the apartment by 2pm - easyjet, air traffic controllers, baggage handlers & car hire people permitting

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
14 Dec 2007 11:41 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
CONGRATULATIONS and I hope you enjoy paying your mortgage!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Dec 2007 9:27 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hey Mark!

Just saw this thread again - well done, fantastic news.

I wish you and your family well in your new Spanish pad!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
15 Dec 2007 6:46 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

[quote="Coast Almeria] I'm sorry to hear that you haven't completed.  I have to add though if more people did kick up a stink, then maybe some companies would start treating customers like they should as apposed to treating them as a number.[/quote]

Complaints to our lender over their sheer incompetence are falling on deaf ears. We have asked for a small amount of compensation for our troubles and extra stress, but no- one wants to take us seriously. Once the managers begin to ignore our probems, what is the next step in the complaints process in Spain?

Thank you

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts
halloween/guy fawkes - 0 posts
Ryannair Summer flights 2008 - 1 posts
Llanera in trouble - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
20,001 Members - 7 posts
Money transfers to spain - 8 posts
eirlys floyd - 1 posts
spanish wills. - 17 posts
Community Is The Key To Success! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 180

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x