spanish wills.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi, I just felt I had to share my experience of my husband and I when we had our wills drawn up a couple of days ago. We used Glyn Moran of Jennifer Cunningham Associates in Benijofar. As neither myself or my husband drive Mr Moran collected us at our apartment door, drove us to San Javier (which is a good distance from us) translated for us with the notary wwho was a very friendly and helpfull lady, then drove us back to our apartment door. (at no extra cost to us) from start to finish it was very professional and he made us feel as he was our best friend, we have already made an appointment with them the next time we are in Spain to become our fiscal representative as our present solicitor is USELESS. I would recommend this firm to anyone needing any kind of legal work, I cannot praise them hightly enough, it was the first time we had met GLYN MORAN and my first contact was through the EYE ON SPAIN website. Also I must stress that their costs are very reasonable and they ARE NOT RIP OFF MERCHANTS like some spanish solicitors.

coolyes

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 5:43 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi That was really good to hear, we have not done our wills yet and we had decided to use them and change solicitors,  so Thank you for that.  Where abouts are you in Formentera?    Can I just ask why did you not go to Benijofar?  I have had a couple of PM's from Glyn him and he seems very nice, well out on Sunday so will get it sorted.  Thanks again Pat  

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 10/3/2007.

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 10/3/2007.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 7:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi formentera costa

I'm very glad you got sorted. I was the only member who posted in answer to your question in here >> fiscal representive. way back in April (about Glynn) then you were asking again in here >>> Solicitor Required  when I again posted about Glynn. Pat posted same time as I did too about Glynn.

Please tell us how much is he charging for being your fiscal rep ?

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 8:18 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good for Glyn. It is so good to know of honest, independent, reasonable colleagues.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 11:14 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi, I put a posting on yesterday regarding Gly MORAN  OF jennifer cunningham associates OF bENIJOFAR, IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM HERE ARE THE TEL NOS  office 0034 966 472 660,FAX 0034 966 472 510, mobile 0034 699 838 795. As i stated yesterday Glyn Moran is very helpful and couurteous.

coolyes

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 2:02 AM by jimmy Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi ,

does any one know how much does a solicitor charge for spanish wills per person, my solicitor price me 195.00 euro+ iva , any advice will greatful

kind regard

jimmy

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 4:58 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Jimmy,

Our solicitor charged a total of 300 euros for the wills (for the two of us) plus just under 40 euros each notary fees - so a total of 380 euros for our two wills.   Does your figure include the notary fees?  If so, that probably sounds about right (compared to what we paid, that is). 

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 11:11 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jimmy

We're in the Costa Blanca & made our Spanish wills early 2005 & it was 300€ total for the two of us inclusive of notary fees. May be different costs on the CDS & current too. Pitby is in the CDS & probably she made hers more recently too. Expensive but necessary.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 2:06 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I wonder if anyone can advise.

4 years ago we made what I think was called a European will...................a rep came to see us and it was drawn up to our spec. We were told it did not need to be Notarised. We have a posh copy, but I have this sneaking suspicion that it is not legal.......any ideas ?

This message was last edited by Karensun on 10/12/2007.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 2:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Karen, ask Maria. She'll know, won't she ?

Like 0      
13 Oct 2007 4:58 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
From what we were told, the original wills MUST be notarised and then certified copies, I think, are lodged at a central registry in Madrid.  Also, from what I recall, Spain does not accept "joint" wills, and separate wills must be made.

I'm sure Maria will clarify!!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2007 10:40 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi, as I previously stated we had good service for having our spanish wills drawn up

by Glyn Moran of Jennifer Cunningham Associates of Benijofar, they also have other offices.

I think I am right in stating ALL spanish wiils to be legal MUST be signed in front of a notary.

You have to have individual wills , you cannot have a joint will.

We were charged 75 euros each plus i.v.a. for our wills, and we paid 52 euros each to the

notary(this included i.v.a.). The service we received from Glyn Moran and the lady notary in San Javier

was excellent. We now plan to have Glyn Moran as our fiscal representative and for any  legal problems we

may encounter in the future.I also forgot to mention that both of our wills were in Spanish and English.

I hope this is of help to any members.

coolyes

Like 0      
14 Oct 2007 1:23 AM by jimmy Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Thank you for all your's info, not sure about the notary fee are with the price of 195.00 euro, ..PITY .  but i will ask?

any way do the solicitor need power attorney for making a wills, cause the solicitor i'm using has the power attorney document for purchase apartment on the CDS for me.

kind regard

jimmy

Like 0      
14 Oct 2007 10:40 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I queried the cost of the wills with my solicitor and then rather cheekily asked for a discount!! I didn't get one, but the reply I got was:

"about the spanish wills, they cost 175€ each, that include the Notary cost, legal fee and Madrid Registry Wills.

Spanish wills are very cheap, notice Notary costs are almost 50% of that fee so there is not too much to discount, "

He doesn't state that IVA is included, but looking at the costings, it doesn't appear to be.

Mark

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 11:38 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

When I got mine done I paid cash - no iva! And yes its notarized etc so all legal

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 11:46 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
The will I asked about origionally is a EUROPEAN will.......................we were told that this covers Spain and it was drawn up in Spain. Almost all of our assets are here, except for a couple of bank accounts, which according to the rep. were included in the will.  This cost us 350 € and we each have a will.  I suspect now though that this is no good because it has not been notorised, even though the rep said there was no necessity to have the wills notorised as it was a European will.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 12:51 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I personally havent heard about that. If it is not notarized in spain and therefore not in the wills registry then it wont be recognized in Spain and will have to be translated (unless already in Spanish) apostilled and then shown to the courts on death.

Take it to your lawyer, as it may be as simple as just notarizing it. Im sure mine was only 150 euros or so, including it with official english translation

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 2:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Yes, go and get it notarised.
Best,
M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Is The Key To Success! - 0 posts
Last Chance Of Bargain Luxury Apartment With A difference! - 0 posts
Your Choice Of Area Very Important! - 0 posts
www.sirragolfservices.com - 3 posts
For Morerosado. - 10 posts
Cash deposit(s) at Halifax Espana branches - 1 posts
Banking Administrator – Gibraltar - 1 posts
Justice in Spain? - 21 posts
punta marinea - 6 posts
Advice please - 2 posts
Barcelona football tickets champions league - 0 posts
Anyone waiting to move to Spain - 50 posts
Daya Vieja football match September 8th, 2007 - 5 posts
Makro card Alicante - 1 posts
Christmas in Spain - 4 posts
LONG TERM LET NEEDED - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - 3 posts
long term let needed - 3 posts
Agents and can we?? - 15 posts
British beds or Spanish - 37 posts
Advice/ Help Please - 0 posts
looking for unfurnished long term rentals costa del sol - 8 posts
LA BODEGA BLANCA - ORANGE SQUARE MARBELLA - 6 posts
Mobile phones - 11 posts
Travel cots,High chairs etc - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x