Money transfers to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by debz Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hiya I know theres alot of info on here about this. Ive been looking through and still cant decide the best way to do this. Hifx have offered me 1.34€ to the £ but I think thats quite low.

Does anyone know if Banco De Valencia have a partner in the uk.

Any advice grately accepted. Thanks

Debbie

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 8:33 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

How much?  That's a terrible rate.

I hope it pulls back up soon.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 10:06 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
We transfered from Lloyds TSB on Tuesday st 1.43

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 2:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

1.44 at Xe.com today. Going up again (at last)

Mark

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 2:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

1.4464 Currencies Direct just now on £100,000   https://www.currenciesdirect.com/

Hifx was this just now on £100,000

Currency converter

From
To
Amount
144185.7112 EUR 1 GBP = 1.44186 EUR

On £50,000

Currency converter

From
To
Amount
72092.8556 EUR 1 GBP = 1.44186 EUR

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/4/2007.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 7:55 PM by debz Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hiya thanks for the advice Im looking for the best way to make the regular payments for the mortgage.

Debbie

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 9:03 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Debbie

I know there has been loads of advice for a long time on a variety of different forums all of which is great but personally I went for the simple option with the Halifax.

I have  a Halifax account here in England and opened a Halifax Banco Hispania account which I also did in England, then when I need funds in Spain I can transfer for free from my English Halifax account to the Spanish Halifax account and you get preferential rates no matter what the amount (not the best rates for large lump sums but not that far off the pace).

It's simple, free and you can move money as and when you want.

There's bound to be load others similar to this but I hope this helps.

Cheers

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 9:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Debz

You didn't make it clear what you needed in your first post. As you now say you need to make regular transfers to Spain to pay your mortgage can I suggest you speak with Currencies Direct on https://www.currenciesdirect.com/individuals/contact.php see here >> https://www.currenciesdirect.com/individuals/regularmoneytransfers.php

Hi Scrufty.

Halifax UK (to Banco Halifax) have lately been giving much lower rates for the free transfers than we previously "enjoyed". We were stunned in June at the low rate they gave us. Indeed we complained as we believed it was their tourist rate but were assured that was much lower. I spoke with their head office too over it. Basically they told me if I wasn't happy I shouldn't have transferred but we needed to transfer as we had bills & community fees to pay. After that we opened a Nationwide Flex current a/c (with nothing) & JUST before going to Spain we took cash out of  Halifax UK, put it into N/wide, then in Spain withdrew up to 450 euros daily with each debit card through Visa ATMs. (Using Visa ATMs we incurred no charges)

Having been given 1.4293 at Halifax (Sky commercial rate was 1.476 that evening so we'd expected around 1.45 minimum) we got 1.4802 with our N/wide debit card two weeks later. Use Halifax UK -Banco Halifax if you need to (if you're in the UK & can't get out to Spain ) but otherwise get yourselves a Nationwide Flex account in joint names to get two debit cards. 

Like 0      
04 Oct 2007 10:16 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I contacted HIFX last week to arrange a small transfer to pay mortgage broker fees (348 Euros). For that amount they take payment by credt card & so have to build in the charges from the credit card company, into the exchange rate - they offered me 1.23.

Today they offered me 1.4240 to transfer 17,000 Euros.

I have now signed up with currenciesdirect. At least now I can phone them both & see where I get the better rate.

Needless to say I said no thank you to the 1.23 & managed to negotiate the Caja Murcia Internet Banking site & did the transfer myself. I will admit that I somehow or other managed to send the payment twice but one quick email to the broker & the money was back in my account the same day.

If I had done a transfer between 2 UK banks, the outward payment wouldn't have been received for 3 days & then the same to get it back again!!! A very efficient banking system & an equally efficient broker (mortgage4spain).

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

eirlys floyd - 1 posts
spanish wills. - 17 posts
Community Is The Key To Success! - 0 posts
Last Chance Of Bargain Luxury Apartment With A difference! - 0 posts
Your Choice Of Area Very Important! - 0 posts
www.sirragolfservices.com - 3 posts
For Morerosado. - 10 posts
Cash deposit(s) at Halifax Espana branches - 1 posts
Banking Administrator – Gibraltar - 1 posts
Justice in Spain? - 21 posts
punta marinea - 6 posts
Advice please - 2 posts
Barcelona football tickets champions league - 0 posts
Anyone waiting to move to Spain - 50 posts
Daya Vieja football match September 8th, 2007 - 5 posts
Makro card Alicante - 1 posts
Christmas in Spain - 4 posts
LONG TERM LET NEEDED - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - 3 posts
long term let needed - 3 posts
Agents and can we?? - 15 posts
British beds or Spanish - 37 posts
Advice/ Help Please - 0 posts
looking for unfurnished long term rentals costa del sol - 8 posts
LA BODEGA BLANCA - ORANGE SQUARE MARBELLA - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x