Driving to almeria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by stevebolton Star rating in London (Essex border.... 25 posts Send private message

Anyone any suggestions please as to an itinerary for travelling from Essex to Almeria with a little Yorkie. This would be our first time. Thanks.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 6:02 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hi Steve

We have driven down to the costa Blanca a few times and have tried most routes.

We use Speedferries from Dover to Boulougne. There is very little  or no hassle with your pet. we take our cat. If you prefare the tolled motorways its fairly easy with one of the route planners. If you prefare non tolled roads its takes a little more, in fact I have spent some time on route preparation,and combined with experience of actually doing them we have worked out our best routes. I will help if you require.

There is always the portsmouth Bilboa route and then a straight drive down to Almeria. Wehavent done this route as my partner is not a sea person.

Steve

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 2:53 PM by PSM Star rating in Winsford Cheshire. 52 posts Send private message

Dear Jencoo

I would be greatful for any advice of routes to spain from Calis. My wife the dog and I will be going to Mucia early to mid Dec. this year ,costs say no toll roads but commonsense says at this time of year we may not get a choice  so any advice you could pass on I would be thankful

Peter

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 3:07 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Most sat navs will take you from calais round the boulevard periphereque at paris then on to south west france towards montpeillier then over the border going past Millau which takes you through the massive central which in winter can have snow if you take the a20 south from paris and past toulouse it misses out the area around the Millau bridge

In respect of the dogs most hotels in france will allow the pet to stay

Like 0      
14 Oct 2007 6:03 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hi PSM

I returned a PM to you but have not heard from you since, so do not know if you got it, I havent got much time left before we travel down, but can continue once we are in Spain.

Please PM me if you want more info

Steve

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 9:13 AM by PSM Star rating in Winsford Cheshire. 52 posts Send private message

JENCOO

I did send a PM it must have got lost I will send a PM as well now

Peter

Like 0      
17 Oct 2007 5:42 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hi Steve

It appears that your pm's are not getting through. Are you having a problem?

Like 0      
18 Oct 2007 12:24 PM by PSM Star rating in Winsford Cheshire. 52 posts Send private message

Hello jencoo

I have sent a email the address I sent in on will be live until Thursday 25th I finnish work then I will send my home email but that too will basicly go down mid Novem.

wait to hear from you cheers

peter

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts
halloween/guy fawkes - 0 posts
Ryannair Summer flights 2008 - 1 posts
Llanera in trouble - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
20,001 Members - 7 posts
Money transfers to spain - 8 posts
eirlys floyd - 1 posts
spanish wills. - 17 posts
Community Is The Key To Success! - 0 posts
Last Chance Of Bargain Luxury Apartment With A difference! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x