How to pay non-residents tax from England

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Dec 2019 2:00 PM by Pauline3412 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi can anyone advise how to pay the tax we owe for non- residents but from England?

Thanks

Pauline

body p

Like 0      
16 Dec 2019 2:12 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Do you have a solicitor in Spain? if so surely they will do it for you, mine do and to be honest it costs peanuts for all her work compared to a UK solicitor.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2019 3:10 PM by Pauline3412 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Baz thanks, our Sols were a waste of space had a tax bill from last year asked them to deal with it and we are still waiting, now over 7 months, no doubt we will have a fine to pay as well, if and when we get it sorted.

Just thought there may be an easy on-line payment system that I hav'nt found yet.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2019 4:30 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

If the worst come to the worst why not go back to the old days. Put all the documents and euro’s cash in a well sealed Jiffy envelope and send recorded delivery.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2019 5:16 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I did that for a friend with a car owners book pack, to Spain, never got their, never got anywhere with our post office, never got anywhere with Spains post office, apparantly it had a signature on so called delivery which wasn't my friends, end of they said, been signed for.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2019 7:19 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I used to use this company (UK Based) before changing my residency status.

They were very helpful and I consider them to be a lot cheaper than using a Spanish solicitor.

0800 0845 210

www.spanishtaxforms.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Dec 2019 8:25 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

It is strange how to understand why civil servants will be so arrogant to destroy their own existence. It seems they have pleasure in antagonising the taxpayer they are supposed to work for. Jobs worth tin Gods.

Like 0      
17 Dec 2019 8:44 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Pauline you of course need to complete a form 210.   That can be done online.  

If you were in spain you could take it to your bank and they would submit it.    

If you are able to complete the form online maybe you could ask your bank if you could email it to them so it could be submitted.   The only problem then might be you could not sign it.   The bank though might accept a signed scanned image 

Another possibility would be to email the form to someone you know in spain and have them take it either to their bank or a branch of your bank 

Good luck 

PS of course the declaration for 2018 needs to be done by 31st Dec

Like 0      
17 Dec 2019 9:05 AM by Pauline3412 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for your ideas, I will work through them to see which one gets there.

Does anyone know what would happen if we could not get it there until next April and then just take it to the bank ourselves?

Ta P

Like 0      
17 Dec 2019 9:26 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If hacienda pick up on the late payment, there is a probability you will be fined.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 17/12/2019.

Like 0      
17 Dec 2019 4:07 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

You need to pay it a.s.a.p. I was late with my 1st ever payment and they fined me. I can't remember how much it was but I wasn't very happy.  For piece of mind I pay a company to submit the forms on my behalf and it is a quarter of the price that my lawyer wanted to charge.

Like 0      
17 Dec 2019 8:33 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules - unhelpful & inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 12/22/2019 9:32:00 AM.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2019 7:53 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

From the UK its impossible to file anything on Spains Tax Agency website even if you have an NIE because any attempt to pull up the Spanish Tax Agency gives the responses...website not safe , website does not have requisite permission and so on on ...to even try and add the personal digital certifucate does not work because it will only do so on Mozilla 6 ir less ....so outdated, unsafe and behind the times is their site ...i have even tried via the link from Spains CAB 

As for Spanish Tax Forms they have stopped filing 210 etc because Spanush Tax Agency even via Gesmingot in Nadrid will not co operate ....i am faced with filing a MAP complaint with HMRC which entails months of talks between UK and Spain to sort out this mess 

Like 0      
22 Dec 2019 1:00 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-of-practice-1-2018/statement-of-practice-1-2018#the-map-process

The aim of Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP)

4. A MAP request can be made when a person considers that the actions of one of both countries’ tax administrations result or will result in taxation not in accordance with the relevant tax treaty. The person may request Competent Authority (CA) assistance under the MAP.

This message was last edited by ads on 22/12/2019.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2019 12:49 PM by TFiLondon Star rating in East Sussex. 29 posts Send private message

Hi
Can anyone clarify for me?  I see from my ibi bill that there are several “catastra” figures listed.
1) base imponible-valor catastra
2) valor catastral suelo
3) valor catastral construccion
4) base liquadable
Which is the catastra figure that is used?
thanks
kevin

Like 0      
22 Dec 2019 2:29 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

The "valor catastral suelo" and the "valor catastral construccion" will both add up to the "valor imponible" which is the value used to calculate the IBI.

The local authorities then calculate a discount (depending on area) or increase to come up with the "valor liquidable" which is the final amount your IBI will be assessed on.

So use valor liquidable.

Like 1      
22 Dec 2019 2:44 PM by TFiLondon Star rating in East Sussex. 29 posts Send private message

Hi mariedav many thanks for the explanation!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x