Campo living: how does a deposito work?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Nov 2019 11:46 AM by Astronautilus Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has a diagram of a campo water supply system.

We are on town water, but the house has a deposito of around 20,000 litres. We live in a very hard water area, we've recently noticed the cal buildup in the kettle is turning blue, and I'm thinking copper contamination. I've been to the town hall and they showed me the water analysis results, and copper verging on non-existent, so I'm forced to wonder about the deposito.

Does anyone have a diagram of a typical system, or can tell me if town water passes through the deposito, so the water is constantly refreshed, or does the water in the deposito sit there getting stale, and only gets used when town water is off.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Like 0      
24 Nov 2019 12:32 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Astro

Perhaps you could have asked your question when you were at the town hall, they should know better than anyone else. 

Why not consider just cleaning your kettle? For a hassle-free and cheap way to remove limescale, fill the kettle with a mixture of half white vinegar and half water, and leave to soak overnight. (Make sure the kettle is unplugged and there's a note on it so nobody uses it accidentally!). In the morning, the limescale will come off easily.

Hope this helps.

Like 1      
25 Nov 2019 10:27 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Astronautilus, I installed a small deposito ten years or so ago, only a 1,000 litre capacity tank.  This was just a reserve facility, to combat the effect of water cuts in the summer.  But it served it's purpose very well.

I used the water purification tablets to be sure that the water in the deposito was kept safe, but also when appropriate turned off the mains supply periodically so that that the deposito supply would kick in and be used regularly and replaced with fresh.

Sorry I don't have a plan, but the above worked for us.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2019 8:11 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Go to your nearest pharmacy (chemist) and ask for a water analysis. They will give you a bottle to fill. It costs a few euros and you'll get an analysis of what is actually in your tank, not what the ayuntamiento say is in the town water supply. They will send your sample away to be tested, it only take a few days. Everyone uses this service to test the water in their wells; it's accurate, fast and inexpensive. It will give you a benchmark to progress from. Let us know how it goes.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2019 8:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Água Fuerte will remove lime scale from a kettle within a few minutes. Of course one needs to careful when doing it amd rinse the kettle really well.   I know some here will reply negatively but I have been doing it for about 30 years. 

Like 0      
26 Nov 2019 10:09 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Água Fuerte is a very good cleaning agent for limescale and it's basis is for brick cleaning, it should also be said that any one thinking of using this in any way should put some water into any vessel before adding Agua Fuerte, never put this chemical on it's own into any vessel before water.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 26/11/2019.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2019 2:01 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Água Fuerte is an aggressive cleaning fluid and not fit for human consumption. You should store away from children.

Like 2      
27 Nov 2019 2:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Angeleyes - your comment ..."Água Fuerte is an aggressive cleaning fluid and not fit for human consumption. You should store away from children"...intended as helpful advice, or an attempt to be funny?

Like 0      
27 Nov 2019 2:36 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Essential advice for those who are unaware.

Like 1      
27 Nov 2019 6:57 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what's in it ?  must be on the label 

Like 0      
27 Nov 2019 7:06 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

It's Hydrochloric acid - not recommended as a mouth wash either... 

Like 0      
27 Nov 2019 8:10 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Quite right acer, but the label is all in Spanish and sold to everyone whether you understand what it is or not.Why make a big deal about it, members and readers of the forum have been informed accordingly.   

This message was last edited by angeleyes1 on 27/11/2019.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2019 10:56 AM by Astronautilus Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

This was my first question on the Eye on Spain forum, and I just have one futher question... do other threads spend this much time so off-topic?

At this point I tried to insert a winking smiley, but this gave me an error saying "You cannot include web or email links until your account has been approved".

I'm not impressed so far.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts
12 years after deposit paid.... - 6 posts
Full Deposit Plus Fees Refunded - 16 posts
Community fees - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x