Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Dec 2019 11:12 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

You get your digitil certificate from Suma, wife and I  did ours only took 10 mins, dont understand travelling twice to London. As people have said no experts on this forum only a expert will sort this out for you good luck

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 11:23 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

You will need an NIE.

£8.50 for a NIE, plus costs of Digital Certificate and 2 trips to London, all to get £30.

Like 2      
02 Dec 2019 12:40 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Precisely my point ...travelling to and from London twice to get an NIE and then a digital certificate in order to reclaim £30 a_year is total beurocracy gone mad 

But no matter whether its £30 or £400 ....its my money and i need it 

Will investigate  SUMA 

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 1:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Nitram.  I believe one can only apply in person for an NIE  and when issued in must be collected in person.   As Despair says that is not straightforward if one is not in Spain

Despair.  The requirements demanded re  NIE's is governed by spanish law.  Sorry to say, but if one objects to that they need to take care not to put themselves in a situation which they find inconvenient.   

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 4:20 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

I agree if you live in the UK  an NIE must be applied for in person at the Embassy in London they will then send it vial email a couple of weeks later 

However you cannot use the NIE without a personal Digital Certificate and to get this you have to return to London complete with the NIE notice , passport etc and hope you have filled that form in correctly and then in time your sent the Digital Certificate 

What i have yet to establish is when the NIE requirement came into force ...because all the other info i have from IAG, Santander and HMRC says you simply complete a form 210........and so far nothing i try gets me into Spains Tax Agency website 

Are you suggesting that if i make a fuss about this crazy beurocracy i will be denied entry to Spain if ever i can afford to get there 

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 4:40 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Well here is a direct link to the Agencia page for filing 210 in English with the online form.

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/en_gb/procedimientoini/GF00.shtml

I am using Chrome. I presume says if you have no NIE you input you own country tax code.

Juan

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 4:42 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Thank you Juan ...but all that does is suggest i need an NIE number ...so back in a circle 

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 4:47 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

No it says if you have no NIE number you input your own countries tax number to obtain one.

Now try thyis link

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/es13/s/bunmbunm001n?E_APELNOM=%20&E_IDIOMA=EN

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 02/12/2019.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 5:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Despair.   Quote "Are you suggesting that if i make a fuss about this crazy beurocracy i will be denied entry to Spain if ever i can afford to get there "

Did someone say that ?

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 5:18 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I can understand that this situation must be a tragic loss to you. ** EDITED - Against forum rules **.  

Will this £30 huge loss be more detrimental to your financial status than your health due to high blood pressure, anxiety and stress?

We all live in a world that we believe is unjust and unfair at times, sadly being cheated out of £30 a week is part of life.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 12/2/2019 6:28:00 PM.

Like 1      
02 Dec 2019 5:35 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Kavanagh ...can only guess you are not trying to cope on 8k a year 

Juan ..  thank you ....i did try that before and it got me back to square one and needing an NIE number but i will try again 

Johnzx     ..rather suggested it could be inconvenient ...if i make a fuss about the way Spanish Law is used 

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 5:52 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Nitram ...i have searched for Suma   but all that comes up is a Wholefoods company 

Are you sure you mean Suma ? 

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 6:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Despair. I said you are inconvenienced by the choices you have made.  

As for making a fuss.  I have said on numerous ocasiones that if one is not satisfied with the service they get, then no matter where is it, police included, demand the official complaints forms.   Of course that is when one is in the right and not just misunderstood the situation.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 6:15 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

If i am proved to have misunderstood the situstion then i would have no reason to complain 

Precisely why i am carefull to gether all the facts before i act ..

To suggest i am inconvenienced by the choices i made fails to understand  why i am in the current situation or just how long i have held the shares and why its not been sensible to dispose of them before now 

I was not party to ABNS being swallowed up by Santander nor was i party to BA being merged into IAG 

I also used to have shares in Heathrow where Spain forced a buyout to the huge detriment of all its shareholders 

Sadly Spain and China seem hell bent on buying up the UK and not for the good of the companies or the UK

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 6:19 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules - inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 12/2/2019 6:31:00 PM.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2019 7:06 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Just for info, SUMA is the collection agency that collects local taxes for the Alicante province. 

Can't see as how they would be applicable to the OP. 

Like 1      
03 Dec 2019 3:07 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

mariedav: "Can't see as how (SUMA) would be applicable to the OP". It isn't, but it's amazing how many people seem to think SUMA is some sort of national institution!

Despair2, referring back to your earlier post in which you said "I am aware of both IAG and Santander notes and indeed both Spanish Tax Forms and Gesmingot both of whom have stopped trying to file claims for UK citizens ..and no one else does it " - having looked at both of those sources myself now it's clear that you are not alone in this situation and that the way to reclaim witholding tax above the 10% stipulated in the double taxation treaty is indeed to file a 210. Frustratingly for you, I can also see that neither of those sources suggest how one should go about doing so yourself, other than by employing the services of an agent such as they recommend. I believe there are plenty of other agencies that would be able to do this for you, but their charges would far outweigh the amount you say you are due back, thus negating the whole point of the exercise. Again, I can understand your frustration, and that you feel it should be a simple matter for you to manage without the expensive services of a professional - but as a Spanish speaking resident of Spain for 20+ years, my personal opinion is that you are highly unlikely to achieve what you hope for. The best I can suggest is that you print off a copy of form 210 and complete it as best you can (perhaps with the help of some patient folks here who have filed 210s themselves - I haven't as I am a resident) and then post it off to Spain and hope for the best. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
03 Dec 2019 10:39 AM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Thank you Roberto ...yes the other agencies or lawyers quote €200 which is of course crazy 

If the suggestion by Juan works and i can actually submit online that is the best way as then i have proof of submision 

Then if Spain refuses to cough up HMRC say they will take things up on my behalf 

Help with completing a 210 would of course be appreciated or a translation of it would probably be adequate 

Yes i am sure there are many many in the UK mainly elderly who simply do not know how to battle this one 

However i am not going down without a fight much though Kavanagh thinks i should roll over and accept it 

Like 0      
03 Dec 2019 11:54 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

Despair, the links I have sent you are all in English. Have you looked at them?

Juan

Like 0      
03 Dec 2019 12:05 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

These are the screen shots of the links

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 72

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x