Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jan 2020 2:39 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

So you were prepared to pay for someone to handle this for you? And you could afford to wait 3 or 4 years to claim back money you so desperately needed? Still no explanation of how the claim is being rejected - when it's apparently impossible to even access the agencia's website.

I despair, 2

Happy New Year! 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
01 Jan 2020 10:48 AM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

The only reason the very much  lower fee for Spanish tax forms was considered was because they would reclaim 4 yrs in one go ...otherwise the fee would be more than each years refund ......simple basic economics 

When Spanish Tax Forms gave up because Agencie Tributaria simply refused to cooperate and customers were quite rightly annoyed and forever asking where their refund was.  We investigated other Spanish options but all of them were €200  for just one year again impossible and way more than what is owed 

I have zero idea who is charging €60 or whether they will reclaim all 4 yrs in one fee 

I have already told you we have disabled BT Protect and the error messages now are even more bizarre 

They now even claim the NIE number is invalid 

The instructions you referred me too have been carefully followed along with that from Spanish Tax Forms and the ones from HMRC too 

The 210 is correctly completed .....the result is quite simply yet more proof that Agencie Tributaria will ensure every possible road block is placed in the way of recovering money we sre rightly owed 

Its been handed over to a MAP review complaint now ....there are quite literally thousands of shareholders of Santander majority of whom are very elderly all of whom are owed something like £10  a year they too are caught in a trap they need the £10 and struggling with computers is too much , selling their shares is going to cost more than they will receive so they are caught in a trap created only by Spain .....** EDITED - inciting**

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 1/1/2020 6:40:00 PM.

Like 0      
01 Jan 2020 12:31 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The answer to the thread title is that members have tried to help but you are not being told what you want to hear. Sometimes there is no answer or members of EOS are not aware of the answer.

‘’they are caught in a trap created only by Spain .....clearly you just laugh about them too’’ Please stop insulting EOS members. 

If Agencia Tributaria are determined not to pay ‘’which seems the case’’ you are flogging a dead horse. You can take your €60 case to MAP or anyone else who will listen to you, but Agencia Tributaria could not care less. Spain breaks more EU rules than any other member.

I despair, 2

Happy New Year! 

Like 1      
01 Jan 2020 3:13 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

If MAP gets nowhere at least it wont be €60 down the drain...

Spain breaking the rules will simply backfire in them because the UK can just as easily hurt Spanish subgets too 

These things work both ways 

Like 0      
01 Jan 2020 4:25 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Most of us have moved on.

‘’If MAP gets nowhere at least it won’t be €60 down the drain...’’ How do you work that out?

The Anglo-Spanish War was a conflict fought between 1796 and 1802, and again from 1804 to 1808, as part of the French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars. The war ended when an alliance was signed between the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Spain, which was now under French invasion.

Like 1      
01 Jan 2020 5:37 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Since there is no one who is charging €60 dealing with reclaiming Witholdng tax its irrelevant 

Even at €200  no one is guaranteeing they will reclaim it so that too is irrelevant 

The bottom line is what i have already said   Agencie Tributaria has effectively found ways to be corrupt 

Like 0      
01 Jan 2020 5:54 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

OK Despair2 I agree, best leave it at that. The idea of EOS is to exchange knowledge and not have arguments about Spanish subgets.

** EDITED - inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 1/1/2020 6:41:00 PM.

Like 1      
01 Jan 2020 6:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Just a shame we got to 66 replies and still never found out if a claim was actually submitted and rejected for some reason we have yet to discover, or if https://www.agenciatributaria.es/ is impossible to access anywhere and by anyone and therefore impossible to actually submit a claim on. 

Very puzzling. indecision 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
04 Jan 2020 12:24 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Thread reactivated - request from members -  please only participate if you are going to add constructive comments and be helpful. No inciting comments will be tolerated. Thank you. 

Like 1      
04 Jan 2020 1:37 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I fully agree.

The OP should submit their claim either electronically or by post.yes

Like 0      
04 Jan 2020 2:14 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Kavanagh,

Do you mean " should be able to submit their claim" with all due regard to issues both practical and technical that obstruct or inhibit such a process?

Like 0      
04 Jan 2020 3:43 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Yes ads, electronic may be the preferred way of institutions in order to save them from doing any work, but your 97 year old granny cannot be excluded because she does not have a laptop and windows 10. Postal claims remain legal and valid, or are you suggesting they are not.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 72

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x