Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2019 12:18 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

If you are unsure how to fill the 210 form in, you can (as I do) use a company to do it on your behalf. They charge around 60 euros for this service.

(Some people will tell you that filling the 210 form in is easy, that may be the case however if you want to be certain it is done correctly 60 euros buys you peace of mind)

Like 0      
03 Dec 2019 1:09 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Sent you a PM 

Yes received the pages and 210 ones but at present it seems Tax Agency has blocked access 

Can only guess irrespective they are demanding an NIE 

Like 0      
27 Dec 2019 6:52 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me what %  figure is supposed to go on the 210 when trying to reclaim witholding tax 

WTH has been charged at 19.5%  wheras they are only entitled to 10%   but if you put 19.5%  or 9.5%   the 210 is rejected saying calculations are incorrect 

Like 0      
29 Dec 2019 5:16 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Sadly no matter what or who anyone in the UK tries to access the Spanish Tax Agency or any link whatever linked to it all you get it 

Cannot connect ...unsupported protocol    or unsafe sight/security threat /   

Thats the same if you have gone to all the time effort and struggle of 2 trips to London to obtain an NIE  number and the special digital certificate 

Quotes of €60 to €200 Euros for a Gestor or lawyer to submit the 210 outweigh any refund due 

Add on the fact that its not supposed to be complicated to get a refund of what is illegally held Witholding tax on Dividends of what were UK companies and i am thoroughly fed up with Spain 

Like 0      
29 Dec 2019 6:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I understand your frustration with Spain & sympathise. But the SSL certificates are valid for aeat.es so the problem is your end. There could be various reasons. I suggest you Google it.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
29 Dec 2019 6:23 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Despair2.

"Quotes of €60 to €200 Euros for a Gestor or lawyer to submit the 210 outweigh any refund due" 

If 60 euros is more than the refund which you are chasing, why are you wasting your time on this? You must have spent more than 60 euros worth of time and effort?

Like 1      
29 Dec 2019 6:57 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

€60 might be nothing to you but to others its a lot of money that is legally theirs 

Just because you think we should donate it to Spanish Treasury ...we dont 

Like 0      
29 Dec 2019 7:47 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

I have just googled all the crazy messages we receive when attempting to access agencie tributsria and its clear its their website not my server 

As friends on different servers all find same issue and same messages if they try 

Like 0      
29 Dec 2019 8:00 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Thanks for the aggresive reply. Hope you are unsuccesful in your quest.

Like 1      
29 Dec 2019 8:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

If there was a problem with the website, everyone else here would be receiving the same messages. I haven't noticed anybody else saying that they are though. You must be using a different Google to everybody else, as well because there are plenty of results explaining what settings on your device to check etc. when I search for reasons for receiving such messages. Others cannot begin to help you until you try to help yourself a bit.

Mark Twain

Like 1      
29 Dec 2019 8:12 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Jarvi ...it is you who is being aggressive ....and failing to understand that not everyone can simply write off refunds due to them or find €60 to pay for a gestor .....if i could find a way to include screenshots of messages when i try to access the Agencie even via Spains CAB ....even their Digital Certificate only works on totally outdated Mozilla 6 

Like 0      
29 Dec 2019 9:14 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

I have googled numerous sites and carried out all suggested solutions but made no difference 

I then tried to file a report on Agencie Website but that was immediately blocked by BTweb protect with warnings that the site is totally unsafe /has a virus/ is phishing ....it will not allow me to overide the warning 

I will have to contact BT technical team in the morning but its very strange that no other website has ever given me such a warning and i do an awful lot of stuff on the web so something is clearly a major issue 

Like 0      
30 Dec 2019 1:25 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Turn off BT web protect.

If you don't trust me, Google it!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Dec 2019 9:24 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

30 Dec 2019 10:17 AM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Already said €60 to one person may be nothing to another its a lot or more than they have to reclaim from Spain 

People personal circumstances differ 

The real issue is Spain is not dealing with requests for legitimate refunds of excess witholding tax in a sensible way they are creating a beurocractic nightmare 

Like 0      
30 Dec 2019 1:51 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

If Spanish Tax Forms UK still offered the service it would only cost£19.50  

However they have given up the struggle even with their associates Gesmingot in Madrid  filing claims for refund of Witholding Tax because Agencie Tributaria simpky refuse to co operate 

That is another reason why a MAP complaint has to be actioned because UK shareholders are left in the lurch by Spain refusing to honour the Dual Tax Treaty 

The tragedy is we have to prove we have tried every avenue first .....

Like 0      
30 Dec 2019 5:08 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

‘’However they have given up the struggle even with their associates Gesmingot in Madrid filing claims for refund of Withholding Tax because Agencie Tributaria simply refuse to co operate.’’

Whilst an unpleasant and unfair situation, when will the penny drop? Is €60 worth a heart attack?  

Like 1      
30 Dec 2019 6:55 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Must be wonderful to be so rich that €60 means nothing 

Funny but i spoke to Spanish Tax Forms UK today ....he told me not to trust any Spanish Gestor or waste 60€ on them 

Because it would throw good money after bad    many others have already tried 

The issue rests with Agencia Tributaria they are running a totally outdated and insecure system chock full of whichever error code they decide to throw out no matter how correctly a form is completed and they will now have to deal with a MAP complaint via UK HMRC  because they are totally breaching the Dual Tax Treaty and i have the proof 

As for heart attacks thats not happening because i know how to calmly research, work through and assimilate and gather info ready for HMRC to deal with Spain ......i really dont care whether they owe me €5 or €500   it is my money and Spain is not getting it 

Like 0      
30 Dec 2019 9:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm sure others are following this thread with interest (or just morbid curiosity), so I think it would be appropriate to reply to my suggestions here rather than via PMs. You said that turning off BT web protect won't solve the problem of your other half's claim being rejected, claiming wrong percentage or whatever. Can you explain how your other half is submitting this claim if you are still unable to access the agenica's website? I'm genuinely puzzled.

Another suggestion, based on my earlier thought that the 210 may not be accepting your dates/percentages because you can only use it to claim for the current (2018) exercise: have you tried first claiming back the witholding tax for 2018? And not wanting to sound judgemental, but if the amounts owed to you from previous years is so critical to you, why have you waited until now to claim? 

I admire your tenacity and determination not to be beaten by a seemingly unfair and unjust bureaucracy, and I actually do hope you succeed eventually. But those here with more deliberate connections to Spain, whether resident or not, will probably agree when I say that there is often a cost involved in any dealings with Spain - sometimes monetary, often psychologically - and we have just learnt to accept it. I do wonder, as I asked previously, why you can't accept that these shares are causing you more trouble than they are worth, and simply dispose of them? (And I don't really understand what Brexit has to do with it)   

Mark Twain

Like 1      
30 Dec 2019 10:30 PM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Have tried turning off BT webprotect ...makes no difference ...in fact its worse because now the error messages are worse yet the 210 for any of the years including 2018 is totally correct ....

The reason the claim has been delayed is simply because we had been advised to use the facility of claiming all 4 years in one go via Spanish Tax Forms uk for just one fee ....sadly just as we had all 3 years of the stuff together for them to deal with Spanish Tax Forms had to decide to no longer try dealing with witholding tax reclaims because Agencia Tributaria simply  would not cooperate and UK clients were quite obviously pretty fed up .

If those who live or have property in Spain have found they have to pay for expert help theres clearly big problems in Spain and by sound of it rampant corruption too .

Fact remains there is a Dual Taxation Treaty which Spain is signed up to and they owe us and many millions of others refunds ...the only reason they are getting away with it is most Santander shareholders only have tiny holdings  are very elderly and not computer literate ....so not able or aware of filing  MAP complaint .

The actual cost of selling the Santander shares outweighs any return and in fact generates a Capitol loss and IAG will be worse because of the value used in the merger ....versus aquisition value ....all the options have already been carefully looked at and the holdings merged into one .

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 72

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x