Sending Parcels to Spain - with no postal address ??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2017 7:05 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

see lots of q and A’s for this thread which are pretty interesting.  

But I can’t get past thinking about asking the recipient in Spain to find a suitable address to send it to, and send it there for collection.   Even the nearest post office or equivalent would be ok wouldn’t it?..  I mean it’s not like it’s bongo bongo land (oops did I really say that ha). 

Seems like my post above was pretty good and accurate, not discourteous and had a little humour at the end.   I didn’t read any other posts as any more than a bit of banter either, nothing for a moderator to even think twice about!   

By the way who got banned and came back sounding the same, I missed that one.

windie    4 deckchairs, 3 barbecues, 2 adult push bikes.........any partridges in pear trees this year mate!    Ha 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
07 Nov 2017 7:59 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Briando55 I forgot to mention... my son brought a 3 MTR long surf board ..when he came to visit us in August  apparently he could not find a partridge in a pair tree to bring. .😂

Who got banned them just asking.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 07/11/2017.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2017 8:24 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

It seems to me that it's the contributors that come and go are the guilty parties - there's been many over the years.  But most of the long term contributors have got something useful to say. 

I do miss TJ222 - his thread https://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-2075p34onddk-.htm - was absolutely marvellous stuff, never bettered...they don't make 'em like that any more.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2017 11:18 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Tigs, although in your thread title you say "no postal address", in your first post you say that, "although he has a postal address", the post office won't deliver.  My take on this is, if you send a tracked package to his address, his local post office I would think are legally obliged to inform him of the arrival of the package (even if they won't deliver).  If he has a postal address, as you say, it will go to his local post office.  Even if he doesn't want to rely on an advice from the PO, he can track the parcel himself and see when it arrives at his post office.  He can then visit the PO with ID and pick up the package.  

Might be worth considering.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2017 10:58 AM by perrypower1 Star rating in Derbyshire/Fuerteven.... 647 posts Send private message

perrypower1´s avatar

Hi Tiggy

wow you sure get some weirdos on this forum don't you.  The two methods I use are:

1. I go to the charity shop and buy the cheapest suitcase I can find. Usually between £1 and £5.  I then take it with me just one way and give it away at the other end or bin it.   So far I have always found takers for the give away. 

2. I use a company like fed ex etc and have them collect from me and then have them hold it at their warehouse for my collection.  If it is a few packages or suitcases this is the cheaper route. 

I gave up using the postal service because either it did not arrive or always arrived the day after I was returning to the UK

good luck and enjoy your visit!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

residencia - 3 posts
Car tyres - 20 posts
Winter in Southern Spain. - 7 posts
Floor Clause - 5 posts
Take action against noisy neighbours before we rent flat out? - 4 posts
Residency - 3 posts
Emulsion for stone interior walls - 3 posts
Costa Blanca Sales - 1 posts
Are Menu Translations Getting Worse? https://goo.gl/forms/ZySDAZGKT8Xx5V6k2 - 0 posts
Ciudad Quesada rental - 3 posts
Modelo 210 - 13 posts
The Comunity President May Not Be A Legal Resident - 2 posts
sub community fees - 3 posts
Renting a Car for 1.65 Cent a day.... - 4 posts
Query re claims against Banks with head office in Barcelona - 6 posts
Not receiving email enquirers on property? - 6 posts
FRENCH AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL STRIKES - 0 posts
UK Flights - 11 posts
‘certificado de empadronamiento’ Discounts - 2 posts
Undercoat for white gloss - 3 posts
Pre-court proceedings - 27 posts
Modelo 210 for Los Alcazares, Murcia - 1 posts
Mortgage settlement - 5 posts
HOLIDAY RENTAL - 9 posts
Long term rent Marbella - help needed pls - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x