UK Flights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Oct 2017 7:05 PM by BILL1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Has anyone seen the eye watering prices of fights to the UK over the next 30 days? Some of EasyJet's Gibraltar flights are £599 one way. 

embed

Like 0      
18 Oct 2017 7:31 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

And on a positive note Manchester to Murcia £16.99 first few days in Dec

Like 0      
19 Oct 2017 11:28 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Quite right Bill1 - yesterday I spent several hours trying to get a flight to UK that I need urgently. 

EasyJet are really exploiting the Monarch collapse & RyanAir rostering problem.  Even trying to fly via Madrid which I've done in the past cost an arm and a leg.

In the past this would be deemed as sharp practice, but that seems the norm these days. 

Like 0      
19 Oct 2017 1:33 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Yes, we were looking to go home in a couple of weeks but Easyjet and Vueling have increased their prices over the half term although I haven't seen them that high even in the summer months.

EasyJet Alicante to Gatwick on 29th October an incredible 706 euro one way with the cheapest that week being 375 euro to Bristol. Vueling to Cardiff one way around the 400  euro mark as well.

I know they think parents are rolling money but this seems a bit OTT. 

Prices do go down from the middle of November.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2017 7:09 PM by DuncanThickett Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

I agree with everyone else, these prices are despicable. Why do they have to make the prices so high when there is only a few seats left?, they are just money grabbers. How can single parents on benefits afford this?. Eventually if you shop around you find a decent airline charging a fair and honest price like Monarch, then they close down.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2017 8:55 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I tend to book around 6 weeks in advance... I pay around £200 for a round trip  for 2 from Cardiff to Alicante ...my next flight is on the 24th of November.... So it must be a Spanish thing with the high prices quoted .

Like 0      
19 Oct 2017 9:16 PM by DuncanThickett Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Got it windtalker, you are the man. So if your searching  from Cardiff there much cheaper than searching from Spain, technology is amazing these days, beyond me.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2017 9:33 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Duncan T. It certainly looks like you are getting screwed... if you are booking from Spain ..or it could be the fact that if you are trying to book a flight  at short notice you will get screwed ...this is the reason l book around 6 weeks in advance hope that helps you when you book next time we call it forward thinking..….  This is how it works .....have you got that now mate we would not like to see you get screwed.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 19/10/2017.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2017 10:49 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

It's only over the next few weeks that prices are silly. I mean, a single flight from Alicante to Gatwick costing more than a return flight from Gatwick to New York is a bit ridiculous. However,after  the first week in November they go back down to a reasonable price. 

Leads me to think they are cashing in on no Monarch and RyanAir restrictions for that period and the half term bits but prices weren't this high even in the summer season. 

And, yes, much cheaper UK to Spain than Spain to UK. Vueling Cardiff to Alicante is 34.99 in the mid November but 144 the other way. Still cheap but the flights in a couple of weeks would be 1100 per person return for the same ones.

This message was last edited by mariedav on 19/10/2017.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2017 8:48 AM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

NO DOUBT a close monopoly is forming expect to PAY considerably more and thats before BREXIT, gone are the DAYS of cheap travel to the CONTINENT 

You may wish to CONSIDER using the car that could well be the CHEAPEST option in FUTURE but you will have to drive AROUND catalonia THE way THINGS ARE GOING.

Love Hugh xx

Like 0      
20 Oct 2017 8:53 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

LBA - Murcia £10.00  Nov 14th

Murcia - LBA £10.00 Nov 21st

I booked this 2 weeks ago, although I don't like Ryanair it was an offer I coudn't refuse.

Todays price

LBA - Murcia £28

Murcia - LBA £63

Like 0      
20 Oct 2017 9:24 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

For people that fly OUT of Alicante many flights are cheaper to fly OUT of Murcia if you got a family of 4 it can be a lot of a saving.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

‘certificado de empadronamiento’ Discounts - 2 posts
Undercoat for white gloss - 3 posts
Pre-court proceedings - 27 posts
Modelo 210 for Los Alcazares, Murcia - 1 posts
Mortgage settlement - 5 posts
HOLIDAY RENTAL - 9 posts
Long term rent Marbella - help needed pls - 5 posts
How long to buy - 3 posts
Detail on Wealth Tax - - 5 posts
Renewing your Padron every 5 year-Legal or not - 4 posts
Thinking About Moving to the Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
A UK Government Petition for protecting British expats and travellers - 0 posts
Uk property tax - 43 posts
Car rental scam -BEWARE - 19 posts
FM Spanish Properties - 0 posts
Electrical installation and power needs for new house - 6 posts
Hi all - 4 posts
Umbrella companies in Spain - 2 posts
Fire regulations for communal garages - 3 posts
Urgently needed treasurer - 1 posts
Reform of the judicial model in Spain - 5 posts
Spanish arcehtypes - 1 posts
Link to check on Lawyers´s membership at Bar Association - 0 posts
FCO Consular Services Petition - Please sign and forward - 0 posts
Project help from locals! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x