Car tyres

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2017 1:00 PM by dr who Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Hello all,

Does anyone know of somewhere i can buy a reasonably priced tyre in the Sabinillas, Manilva, San Roque, La Linea area please. I've been to a couple of the bigger places, Feuvert etc, and a couple of smaller ones close to me but i'm struggling to find anything under 110 euros.

Anybody ?

T.I.A. 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2017 2:41 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I suppose the price is down to the size and make of the tyre... Personally I think you have covered it with 4 quote's ...I take it that €110 is the best price for your area Spanish tyre's just like their second hand cars are extremely expensive ..when you compare Price's to the UK that's it.... this is Spain.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 29/10/2017.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2017 2:46 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Obviously depends on the size. Carrefour have new tyres from €45. Mine, however, cost €145 but you do get one for half price if you buy two. 

Like 0      
01 Nov 2017 11:37 AM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

depending where you go tyres are cheaper in Spain than in the uk I have found to my cost

Like 0      
01 Nov 2017 3:34 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Haydngj where are these cheaper than the UK tyre's to be had in Spain....where is this place depending where you go ....this is no help at all to the poster.

Like 3      
01 Nov 2017 11:20 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

My you are a windbag

Like 1      
01 Nov 2017 11:30 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

Had 2 michelin tyres fitteg  for 180 euros in Los montasinos, back in the uk a few weeks later i priced them at quickfit at 190 pounds

Like 1      
02 Nov 2017 12:25 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Haydngj Only a mug goes to quickfit for tyres they are total rip off merchants... I just had 4 new 16". Commercial    tyres and the tracking done for £247.00 on a Vauxhall Vivaro van .last time I was in Spain with the van it cost me €180.00 to have 1 tyre fitted .you still have not said what dealer's are the cheapest.... Depending on where you go.I think I would rather be know as a windbag as a posed to a Blow hard.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2017 7:44 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Just been quoted 350 euros all in for 4 tyres for my Mercedes Sprinter, good quality budget tyres but still, I doubt you will get any tyres for that fitted in UK. They are from Andys Garage in Catral 

Andrew Oxley

Like 1      
02 Nov 2017 8:36 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I think the sun gets to your head when you live in Spain... What on earth makes you think that everything is cheaper in Spain ...the only things I find cheaper in Spain is none branded alcohol and fags that no one wants any more....any Price's quoted can be checked out on the net .

Like 1      
02 Nov 2017 10:04 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Try Don Neumaticos in Pueblo Nuevo de Guadiaro - excellent service from Peter, the owner.  We have bought tyres from him on two occasions for our cars.   He is opposite Overseas (Iceland) in Pueblo Nuevo.  Can thoroughly recommend him.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 02/11/2017.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2017 10:14 AM by dr who Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Thanks Pitby, I actually cant believe i havent thought of that place. I walk past it fairly regularly when i go to Lemon Coffee bar.

Like 1      
02 Nov 2017 10:19 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Check out online suppliers for price comparison!

Numaticos online or i Numaticos are good examples!

Prices for a Vivaro Van tyre 195x65x16 range from 64 to 103 euro including Vat but plus fitting and carriage

Like 0      
02 Nov 2017 2:13 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

you are a sad person windtalker

Like 2      
02 Nov 2017 5:01 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Haydngj ..you are correct... I am sad I don't know why I bother communicating with the likes of you .

Like 1      
02 Nov 2017 10:59 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Amazing how just one simple question opens up the worst in some people. Where can I get cheap tyres? turns into another slagging match.

Oh, and FYI, those 195x65x16 tyres are €48,48 in Carrefour although that doesn't include fitting. Just saying as some people seem to have awfully expensive shops/garages/restaurant/bars around where they live.

Like 2      
03 Nov 2017 9:23 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedav you can double the price or your carrefour  Tyre ....when you take it to a garage for fitting/balancing/new valve/tracking...it is cheaper to do in yourself IN SPAIN....if you use the DIY method to get the the old tyre off and put the new one back on is 2 big soup spoon's... Who on earth goes to a supermarket shopping for a dirty great big rubber van tyre ..is this a Spanish thing or what 😂.even if you double the price of your Carrfour tyre to include fitting ..I don't think you would be able to do it for For that ...this would come to €190 (£175)for 4 to be supplied and fitted without the tracking to a commercial van...as I said in one of my post's I paid £247 (€255) in the UK only last week for 4 tyres including balancing/new valves and tracking on a Vivaro Van ..as you said why has every post have to turn in to a slagging match ...why have the I love Spain brigade all ways want to come out on top why can't you just accept that it is only alcohol and fags that are cheaper...I have so why can't the I love Spain brigade.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 03/11/2017.

Like 1      
03 Nov 2017 10:07 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

So you say you can "double" the price and then you go and quadruple it. Great maths skills for such a successful businesman that you claim to be.

Oh, and you don't go to the supermarket and stick the tyres in a trolley and walk out with them you idiiot. The Carrefours that do them have a garage attached and you simply pay at Carrefour and then go across to the garage where they will do the actual supplying and fitting. And you are also aware, I hope, your favourite chav supermarket in UK, Asda, also sells tyres? As does Tesco if you purchase them on line.  So not just a Spanish thing then, is it?

However, that's the not the point. The point is a question was asked, the normal eyeonspain grumpy guts get involved and the thread gets thrown way off track.

I hope the OP has found where to get his tyres as he would have to sift the information from the dross very carefully.

Like 1      
03 Nov 2017 10:33 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Love your posts Windtalker, especialy the bit about removing, and I suppose refitting modern car tyres of with two spoons, which to say in the least is totally impossible,  also the bit about 'Mugs' going to, think you mentioned quickfit due to rip of prices,  then mentioned the way over the top price you paid for one tyre to be fitted in Spain.

My business probably buys more car and van tyres then anyone on here so it is fair to say I do know a little about tyre prices,  it's also fair to say having looked at prices in Spain of tyres, yes some are dearer, but so are some cheaper then the UK.

Also as you are probably aware of this any good garage,  (UK) or tyre fitting depot,  (UK) shouldn't fit tyres supplied by the owner, not a legal law but a very responsible practice not to be recomended.

Like 3      
03 Nov 2017 11:02 AM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

gonr very silly this thread.

If you shop around get some quotes you will get the least expensive deal.

I had a few quotes including carra

and found  the Sanish dealers will giveyou a high price first but  they will come back with a better one before you leave

Like 1      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Winter in Southern Spain. - 7 posts
Floor Clause - 5 posts
Take action against noisy neighbours before we rent flat out? - 4 posts
Residency - 3 posts
Emulsion for stone interior walls - 3 posts
Costa Blanca Sales - 1 posts
Are Menu Translations Getting Worse? https://goo.gl/forms/ZySDAZGKT8Xx5V6k2 - 0 posts
Ciudad Quesada rental - 3 posts
Modelo 210 - 13 posts
The Comunity President May Not Be A Legal Resident - 2 posts
sub community fees - 3 posts
Renting a Car for 1.65 Cent a day.... - 4 posts
Query re claims against Banks with head office in Barcelona - 6 posts
Not receiving email enquirers on property? - 6 posts
FRENCH AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL STRIKES - 0 posts
UK Flights - 11 posts
‘certificado de empadronamiento’ Discounts - 2 posts
Undercoat for white gloss - 3 posts
Pre-court proceedings - 27 posts
Modelo 210 for Los Alcazares, Murcia - 1 posts
Mortgage settlement - 5 posts
HOLIDAY RENTAL - 9 posts
Long term rent Marbella - help needed pls - 5 posts
How long to buy - 3 posts
Detail on Wealth Tax - - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x