Car hire yearly insurance policy

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jun 2017 10:15 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Has anyone in the last month or so booked car hire from the likes of doyouspain or similar, paid the price you see on the website, then got to the airport and the car hire company have not had a problem when you tell them you have your own policy,And they have not done the hard sell to have have there insurance,If you have not had a problem please can you tell me what the car hire company you used.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 11:44 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I used Doyouspain a month ago, the renter was Goldcar at Murcia airport. £38 for 12 days hire plus the fuel charges. At the desk I had no hard sell for their insurance and they actually upgraded me to a larger car at no extra cost. (As usual they held 1100 euros against my credit card) I was 100% satisfied.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 11:54 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Thanks for that Jarvi its good to know,This 1100 euro that they hold on your credit card, i am looking to hire for a month dose it not matter how long you hire for is it 1100 euro for any time scale.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2017 8:01 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

All car hire companies wiil give you a hard sell with excess insurance ...the latest scare tactic is if you do bump the car up and need another one  we will not supply you another car your contract finished with the last one ....but if you had taken out our excess insurance we would have supplied one ...the excess insurance is very expensive from these car hire companies ..So take out a private car hire insurance policy... for the year it will cost around  £50.00 this policy will cover you for a maximum stay of 8 weeks long stay or as many on off car hires you have throughout the year but will not find another hire car for you in the event of a bump ..it only covers your excess deposit .

Like 1      
03 Jun 2017 9:57 AM by Uknowwhatimeanharry Star rating in Ask Harry. 22 posts Send private message

Uknowwhatimeanharry´s avatar

‘’If you have not had a problem please can you tell me what the car hire company you used.’’

That can be down to pot luck and how busy the collection desk staff are. The industry has somewhat of a cowboy reputation where they bully vulnerable customers. Sometimes they can be quite nasty and at other times just want to throw the keys at you and get rid.

Just checked doyouspain ‘’ As well as the cost of the fuel itself, you will pay a non-refundable fuel service charge of between 21,00 € and 23,00 € including tax.’’  What is this hidden cost for, they have just made it up?.

FULL INSURANCE (so it says) but it’s not is it, only partly insured has 950eur excess.

Just what you need when you have just landed at midnight with the wife and two kids.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2017 3:27 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Newworld. I am certain it is 1100 regardless of the term of the rental.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2017 3:44 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Cheers----Jarvi

Like 0      
04 Jun 2017 1:19 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Goldcar at Malaga airport seems straightforward, no hard sell but as others have said there is a excess held on your credi card.  Full/Full petrol where you are charged for a full tank at the beginning of the hire but this is refunded if you return with a full tank.

only thing I don't like is that when I picked the car up and refused the excess insurance, I was told I was not covered for breakdown, when I said but it's your car and if it breaks down it must be your responsibility, it was answered with a shrug of the shoulders and a repeat of "not covered for breakdown".

so with this, I am assuming I still ring their breakdown number, but have to pay the cost of a call out myself, does anyone know anything different?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Union Whats it like - 0 posts
British Lions games - 2 posts
Drifting, may be helpful - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 3 posts
Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts
When do I become liable for IBI & non residence tax - 16 posts
christmas weather - 3 posts
Say a prayer for Manchester - 15 posts
register my car in spain - 8 posts
Spain driving laws - 12 posts
Moving to Alicante - 43 posts
english or spanish licence - 37 posts
Lost our case against banco popular - 46 posts
ENDESA info in English - 0 posts
Almunecar, Granada Dirty Beaches and Abandonment from City Hall - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x