All inclusive holidays

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2017 1:38 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Lot of stories about Spain banning brits from all inclusive hotels due to rise in insurance claims for food posioning (and nothing to do with brexit, UK elections, EU etc etc)

Any truth in it?

Might be an opportunity for bars and restaurants

Like 0      
05 May 2017 1:42 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

05 May 2017 1:44 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

johnzx

yes most of the UK tabloids seem to be carrying the story but cant see anything in Spanish press or on holiday booking sites

Like 0      
05 May 2017 1:52 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

05 May 2017 2:03 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Thanks

Seems like there may be some truth in it

Like 0      
05 May 2017 2:55 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Probably we can all agree we hate insurance scammers and ambulance chasing lawyers too, nothing new there.  Aside from this they will also detract from genuine cases of poor food prep and give the impression it's not the hotels fault too. 

Dont know about you guys but the resorts are dying in some places simply because of all inclusive.   I quite hope they stop altogether.   

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
05 May 2017 5:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Problem with all inclusive is the surrounding area loses out. Mojacar used to have full hotels when used by Thomson, but the area was only filled with Spanish as the Brits didn't leave the hotel. TUI are now back on Mojacar after a 5 year or so break, not sure what facilities they are offering though.

Mark

Like 0      
05 May 2017 7:44 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Same old story. The greed of the large hotels have backfired. No concern for local business’s, now a ghost town environment with nothing to offer. Serves them right. Greed, greed, greed.

Same will happen with this holiday letting licence. 

Like 0      
12 May 2017 7:19 PM by Betty1926 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Well having just been scammed out of a 20,000 euro property deposit by Roy the estate agent me and Burt decided to go to Benidorm  for a week’s all inclusive. We certainly got a shock there. Everyone is given a ‘’no win no fee’’ leaflet and offered an Imodium photocopied pharmacy receipt for 10 euro. This is just another Spain scam, you can buy the Imodium yourself at the pharmacy for under 5 euro.

Like 0      
12 May 2017 7:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Well having just been scammed out of a 20,000 euro property deposit by Roy the estate agent me and Burt decided to go to Benidorm  for a week’s all inclusive. We certainly got a shock there. Everyone is given a ‘’no win no fee’’ leaflet and offered an Imodium photocopied pharmacy receipt for 10 euro. This is just another Spain scam, you can buy the Imodium yourself at the pharmacy for under 5 euro.

What, and then scam the hotel yourself with a 5 euro receipt? Amazing how it's only the Brits they approach with this "offer". 

Like 0      
12 May 2017 8:15 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Correct Mari 

i bet these are scum brits who used to sell time shares that didn't exist, off plan properties and fake goods (along with all other races, creeds and nationalities of course) 

but** EDITED - Against forum rules **  

It just needs a few abusers locking up and it will begin to stop.   

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/13/2017 11:04:00 AM.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
12 May 2017 9:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

"Amazing how it's only the Brits they approach with this "offer". 

Problem is, UK citizens now feel entitled to anything and everything. amazing how we follow America down the sue for anything culture sad

Like 0      
13 May 2017 9:57 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Where's the connection with a photocopied pharmacy receipt for 10€ when you can buy the Imodium at the pharmacy for 5€....Is it so you could then 'Scam' your holiday travel insurance for a claim due to a stomach upset, as is being reported all over the news of late.

I can't help thinking that if you took of the 'I love Benidorm but being scammed' t-shirt, things might change for you.

Like 0      
13 May 2017 12:27 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I could give you advice about how to take action against him but would be

**edited against forum rules**

So I won't.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Advice on changing ownership of car, - 11 posts
property taxes - 7 posts
trying to find a tax advisor in torrevieja called Andrew - 5 posts
Semi detached 3 bedroom house for sale in Tías - Lanzarote (Canary Islands) - 0 posts
Help! UK TV SERVICE NEEDED - 3 posts
I have received a bill from Patronato de Recaudacion Provincial - 5 posts
ALL AIFOS´BANK GUARANTEES NOW AVAILABLE - 23 posts
Ads Covering Page - 5 posts
Irish Passport - 11 posts
Cheapest site fees in Murcia - 2 posts
Renting for the first time locally to la cala and surrounding - 0 posts
Moving to calahonda - Schooling - 11 posts
filmon now charging - 8 posts
Social Security Papers - 1 posts
Wanted - Treadmill - 0 posts
NIE Number - 18 posts
property ownership - 4 posts
Spanish Bank Account For Non Residents - 10 posts
autonomo benefits - 9 posts
Health care - 2 posts
Lizzy - 4 posts
Writing a new Will - 29 posts
road tax in murcia - 1 posts
Green Bowling in Costa Blanca for all New & Old Expats. - 0 posts
Dog Food Mar Menor Region - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x