Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2017 4:49 PM by muffincat Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

 Hi I'm Lizzy,

I bought a steam mop with attachments last October in a shop in Los Montesenos which I paid 59 euros for.  When I took it out of the box to assemble it, the handle would not fit on the other part of the steam mop.  I returned it to the shop and left it for attention of the owner of the shop.  Later maybe a couple of weeks I collected the cleaner and went to use it.  After a short time the handle completely broke off in my hand.  I returned it after a phone call and was told they would ring me. A couple of weeks or so I rang again as I had not heard from them and I was told by the shop assistant that it had gone back to the manufacturers.  I asked how long that would take.  Eventually after some weeks I collected the steam mop which was supposed to be repaired and the shop assistant told me that the owner had put a new handle on it.  I had not used it until a few days ago.  The handle had black tape on it and after a short time it started to wobble in my handle the black tape came away for where it had been.  The handle feels precariously unsafe, it wobbles from side to side and doesn't feel safe to use.  I have complained to the shop that they can only offer a repair, which according to them has already been done.  I'm not happy, I have told them I would like my money back or a brand new steam cleaner, and they have refused.  I need to know where I can complain about this poor service as the cleaner was faulty in the beginning, and I am just being fobbed off, with bad service.  The guarantee is for two years.  I have only used this machine about 3/4 times and not only that the steam is not hot enough to dry the floor and it doesn't do the job any better than an ordinary mop.  I need to know if there is a trading standards who I can report this matter to.  I have no idea where.  I live in Los Balcones, Torrevieja, Alicante.  Can anyone help me with this please.  

Kind regards


Like 0      
26 Apr 2017 5:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5240 posts Send private message

Go to the shop, ask for the complaints forms and no matter what promises they make, complete them.

If they have replaced/refunded/repaired etc. to your satisfaction within 2 weeks then tear the forms up.   If they have not take the copy for the consumers office to that office in the town hall and they will pursue the matter.

The form comprises of three copies and marked down the long left hand side is which copy is yours, which is for the person you are complaining about and which is for the consumer’s office.  You keep the copies for you and the consumers office,

(You can find more info about complaints forms if you search this forum)

Like 0      
26 Apr 2017 6:05 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message


Good advise from johnzx but remember to allow the shop fill out their part of the complaints form and best if you can do it Spanish (sometimes English is accepted)

My neighbour did one in in English in LM last yera and it was returned to them with instructions for the complaint to completed in Spanish

Why not name the shop, it could be one to avoid for us in LM



“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge”

Like 0      
26 Apr 2017 6:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5240 posts Send private message

 PS        I forgot to mention that one should take the telephone number of the Policía Local with you as should the shop say they do not have the form you can call the Policía Local who should attend, demand the forms and if not supplied fine the shop on the spot and close them down.  

I have asked for the forms several times and even on behalf of people who were dissatisfied with the service at the National Police. It has always resulted in prompt action to put things right.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2017 7:38 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

You actually need to deliver the form to the consumer department at the Twn Hall, OMIC and in this area you can complete it in English

They are right if they don't have the forms this is a SERIOUS offence and the shop owners can be fined, even arrested, call the Police it works

Asking for the forms and understanding the system can often resolve the problem but you have to be insistant

Also local press on some other local forums like can work

Roy Howitt Independent Property Consultant WE CAN FIND YOUR DREAM HOME 627 955 748

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Writing a new Will - 29 posts
road tax in murcia - 1 posts
Green Bowling in Costa Blanca for all New & Old Expats. - 0 posts
Dog Food Mar Menor Region - 4 posts
Moving to Spain with 2 dogs - 1 posts
Are there blog writers - 2 posts
second hand patio set - 1 posts
Wanted relief animal shelter managers - 3 posts
Replacement cooker hob knobs - 4 posts
Cheap Electricity - 0 posts
charges - 0 posts
Good Spanish schools in Fuengirola or Mijas - 4 posts
Looking to buy propriety in La Teria - 22 posts
Sports equipment shop murcia area - 3 posts
No internet in Mijas Golf - 0 posts
Deposit Return - 39 posts
Electric vehicle charging in Spain - 5 posts
Auto Electrician - 6 posts
Bank Guarantees and IVA - 5 posts
Football supporter reports - 3 posts
A battle of Wills - A cautionary tale. - 25 posts
Apartment rental - Inspection notification - 5 posts
Mobile Phone Question - 2 posts
Car insurance - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x