Auto Electrician

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2017 3:00 PM by Dugbt Star rating in Quesada Spain. 11 posts Send private message

Dugbt´s avatar

Hi im Doug & im looking for an auto electrician to fit a reversing camera to my car which is a 2016 Opel Astra 1.6 Diesel with its own inbuilt 8" screen. & i also need to have fitted a reasonable dashcam to view & record everything in front of the car. Can anyone recomend anyone that can do this im happy to supply the stuff or let them supply it & live in Dona Pepa Quesada & my email address is    966 184 962

cheers Doug

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 10:06 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Doug   Unless the law has changed, I was told by the National Police about a year or so ago that cams which can view the public are illegal in Spain.

I guess a reversing cam which is aimed at the ground might be exempt.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 2:47 PM by Dugbt Star rating in Quesada Spain. 11 posts Send private message

Dugbt´s avatar

Hi John you might be right so i will check it out but ive seen plenty of Motors going around locally that have DashCams fitted as there perfect over here if your in an accident & you dont speak Spanish as thats your evidence in your defence.

Cheers Doug.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 3:14 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

johnzx

Last time this came up on here I asked this question of our local traffic police and could not get an answer or any speific law other than if the dashcam obstructs your view and / or if you are operating / adjusting it whilst driving

I also asked how does it apply to mobile phones, camcorders, traffic flow cameras, webcams, security cameras, cyclist cams etc. and again no definitive answer

Like 1      
13 Apr 2017 3:23 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Only last week I rented and drove around a newish Spanish registered VW Passat with a rear reversing camera fitted as standard equipment which showed up a fair piece of the rear area, and people / public who were to close to the rear of the car.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 3:40 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

N332 Dashcams

However, I have cameras fitted all round on my car (front, rear, sides, wing mirrors and even an up one to tell me how high the roof on a garage/tunnel is) and shows split screens. Standard fitting when I bought it last year.

Now, back to the OP. Try the garage by the El Faro bar on the corner by Consum in Dona Pepa. He speaks perfect English and, although he may not be able to do it, will put you in touch with something who can as he very helpful. Neighbour got a dent in his car and he arranged for it to be collected and repaired even though he doesn't do that himself.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 3:58 PM by Dugbt Star rating in Quesada Spain. 11 posts Send private message

Dugbt´s avatar

Hi & many thanx for your info thats the garage i use as its within walking distance from my house & yes there very good at what they do i will pop in on Tue once they re open after the easter break.

Cheers Doug.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantees and IVA - 5 posts
Football supporter reports - 3 posts
A battle of Wills - A cautionary tale. - 25 posts
Apartment rental - Inspection notification - 5 posts
Mobile Phone Question - 2 posts
Car insurance - 11 posts
relief Animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Sun Blind Electric with Remote Control Cream - 2 posts
decorating - 8 posts
Property deeds and ex partners - 11 posts
How can I submit a 210 quarterly rental income form myself - 30 posts
Which type of Air Conditioning is best - 1 posts
police stations - 2 posts
Transport help - 6 posts
christmas weather - 4 posts
Where are the touristic areas of Lanzarote? - 1 posts
MEET AND GREET SERVICE - 0 posts
Spanish and Uk overseas housing market - 2 posts
EBAY selling from Spain - 6 posts
Health insurance for a period 3/6Months - 4 posts
Constitutional matters in the UK - and their effects on expats. - 58 posts
PVC TRELLIS PANELS - 2 posts
sheds or other buildings - 1 posts
How long does planning permission last - 0 posts
Breathalysers in Spain - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x