Which type of Air Conditioning is best

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Apr 2017 8:42 AM by aarenabbi Star rating in United Kingdom. 4 posts Send private message

aarenabbi´s avatar

Hallo

Now I construct a new house and I am thinking that which type of air conditioning is best for me.

So can anybody help me?

Like 0      
07 Apr 2017 2:21 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

It would, of course, depend on the size and design of the house you are having built. If it is two storey, then it would be best to have ducting fitted. The main units then go on the roof and, hopefully, out of sight with tubing connecting smaller interior units which can be hidden under false ceilings, normally in the kitchen an bathroom. The ducting then diverts the air (cold or hot) to grilles in each room which is virtually silent. One unit per storey

You need the inverter type aircon units. These get to the required temp and then maintain a steady airflow rather than switching them off and on which will cost more to get back to the required temperature. The heating part just heats up the outside the air and doesn't use a heating element so they are very cheap to use. Probably average out about 8 or 9 cents an hour for heating (and that can be for up to 3 rooms) or 12 cents for cooling (again, for up  to 3 rooms). The initial outlay will be more expensive but well worth it in the long run especially as you are having it built from scratch. We already had the ducting pre-installed by the builders and the aircon units (Fujitsu) cost €3500 including fitting. The units, when in use, make less noise than the fridge and are very economical to run. 

As you're building from scratch, make sure you get good insulation especially around windows which is something rather lacking in Spain. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

police stations - 2 posts
Transport help - 6 posts
christmas weather - 4 posts
Where are the touristic areas of Lanzarote? - 1 posts
MEET AND GREET SERVICE - 0 posts
Spanish and Uk overseas housing market - 2 posts
EBAY selling from Spain - 6 posts
Health insurance for a period 3/6Months - 4 posts
Constitutional matters in the UK - and their effects on expats. - 58 posts
PVC TRELLIS PANELS - 2 posts
sheds or other buildings - 1 posts
How long does planning permission last - 0 posts
Breathalysers in Spain - 15 posts
Canadian fluent in Spanish and English. Want to move to Spain. Will I have trouble with work? - 4 posts
Testimonial from Adrienne and Irvine Rea regarding costaluz lawyers - 12 posts
Community apartment ,who pays water damage - 9 posts
Android TV Boxes Supplier in Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Hola! Newbie looking to move to Gran Canaria - 0 posts
IKEA - 2 posts
ILLEGAL SQUATTERS - 26 posts
Late starter for a Spanish mortgage - 16 posts
Drummer wanted - 0 posts
This is the latest police advice to visitors in Spain: - 0 posts
Villa Rental Southern Spain (Costa Calida region) - 0 posts
HELP - LOOKING FOR NEW BUSINESSES - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x