Breathalysers in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Mar 2017 11:14 AM by ArcosBaz Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi All

I have just read an article that says that as of this month (March) it is a legal requirement to carry a breathalyser in Spain. This is absolutely the first time I have read or seen or heard anything about this new requirement. Can anybody confirm this please before I am accused of spreading 'False News'> Thanks in advance.

Bazinarcos

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 11:38 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Well, if it isn't then it should be as more then often I am to drunk to drive and to have something close by to prove it would come in very handy.

Like 1      
29 Mar 2017 11:50 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Arcos,  I have not seen anything saying that and no mention has been made by the police I work with,  but maybe you could attach the info re where you read it.

In Spain it is possible to be over the top having drunk just one can of beer. Responsible drivers would never drive having drunk more than one can within an hour of driving.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 12:04 PM by ArcosBaz Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi John & Baz (1946 was a good year for Bazzes!!)

Thanks for replies. I can't send a link to the admittedly sponsored article on the Yahoo UK finance page - but now you know where I read it.

I would be surprised if there were no truth in the assertions. I have been unable to verify the story on line hence my post. I have also emailed my abogado for some enlightenment.

Cheers all

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 1:16 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Baz (1946 was a good year for Bazzes!!)

Drinking and driving is about as stupid as it gets, it should be zero policy everywhere, I don't drink full stop so if it was law it wouldn't bother me one bit, my post was a little on the lighter side of life.

Hopefully 1946 was a good year for Bazzes, I wouldn't know that either, It wasn't my year.

As a side note concerning one can of beer and one hour, your probably nearer the limit the closer to one hour then you would be when you first drink a can of beer.......If you drink booze....Don't drive.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 2:17 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

The breathalyser kit is true for France but I'm not sure about Spain

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 2:19 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Just found this on the Brittany Ferries website

"The enforcement of the law making it compulsory to carry breathalysers whilst driving in France has been postponed indefinitely. Whilst the law itself is still in place the authorities have recognised problems with the supply of suitable breathalysers and will not issue fines until further notice. We continue to recommend that you still carry breathalysers and we will inform passengers as soon as we know of a date for the re-introduction of the fines.

At the present time they are not required in Spain."

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 5:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Am I missing something here ?

Baz1946      29 Mar 2017 11:38 ;    Well, if it isn't then it should be as more then (than) often I am to (too) drunk to drive and to have something close by to prove it would come in very handy.

Baz1946      29 Mar 2017 13:16 :  I don't drink full stop

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 5:51 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Drinking and driving is about as stupid as it gets, it should be zero policy everywhere, I don't drink full stop so if it was law it wouldn't bother me one bit, ***** my post was a little on the lighter side of life. *****

Oops, yes you are missing something, wouldn't have done though had you read my post correctly...

Underlined it now...Put stars on it also.

This forum needs a little light relief now and again.....Still silly fun doesn't suit everyone.

Am I missing something here ?  johnzx wrote....

Baz1946      29 Mar 2017 11:38 ;    Well, if it isn't then it should be as more then (than) often I am to (too) drunk to drive and to have something close by to prove it would come in very handy.

Baz1946      29 Mar 2017 13:16 :  I don't drink full stop

Why are you correcting my spelling? Is it so that I don't make the same mistakes again? Are you trying to educate me on my grammar? I fail to see your point, I really do.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 6:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sincere apologies Baz for not understanding  you were just having some ‘silly fun’ when you posted about the very serious subject of drinking and driving.  

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 6:22 PM by ArcosBaz Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

OK. I'm afraid I was caught out by a very clever bit of 'Fake News' designed to get people to part with their money. Sorry.

My abogado confirmed that the 'article' is wrong and a lengthy trawl of the trafico website returned nothing other than articles about the French (unworkable-at-present) law.

Thank you for all your responses and I hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

That's all folks.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 6:23 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi All

I have just read an article that says that as of this month (March) it is a legal requirement to carry a breathalyser in Spain. This is absolutely the first time I have read or seen or heard anything about this new requirement. Can anybody confirm this please before I am accused of spreading 'False News'> Thanks in advance.

Thats okay johnzx because even I missed the bit about 'DRINKING and DRIVING' in the original posters post....

Oh hang on a mo, they never even mentioned 'DRINKING and DRIVING' they only mentioned carrying a breathalyser in Spain.

PS

No comment 'YET' on my asking you about my bad spelling which you so kindly corrected for me.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2017 6:25 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

OK. I'm afraid I was caught out by a very clever bit of 'Fake News' designed to get people to part with their money. Sorry.

My abogado confirmed that the 'article' is wrong and a lengthy trawl of the trafico website returned nothing other than articles about the French (unworkable-at-present) law.

Thank you for all your responses and I hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

That's all folks.

Not one bit, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. Thank you for the update.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2017 8:24 PM by appyinspain Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

This article was on the Yahoo news page today but it is a sponsored article linked to a breathless they are offering for 199 euros but if you are fast you can get a discounting!! It's just a sales pitch but looks real. This is a translation of the article.

Probably you already know, but the breathalyzer is now mandatory in 2017 just like the yellow jacket or the famous red triangle ...
Is it true that road accidents increase regularly every year, but really because of this? Is it not a way to seek more fines and thus fill the coffers of the state?

What is the risk of being stopped and not carrying a breathalyzer? 

Like 0      
07 Apr 2017 10:14 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

appyinspain

It's fake news

"The enforcement of the law making it compulsory to carry breathalysers whilst driving in France has been postponed indefinitely. Whilst the law itself is still in place the authorities have recognised problems with the supply of suitable breathalysers and will not issue fines until further notice. We continue to recommend that you still carry breathalysers and we will inform passengers as soon as we know of a date for the re-introduction of the fines.

At the present time they are not required in Spain."

Like 0      
08 Apr 2017 1:03 AM by appyinspain Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Yes realised it was fake news and the company selling the breathalysers  is promoting the fake news in order to sell their product. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Canadian fluent in Spanish and English. Want to move to Spain. Will I have trouble with work? - 4 posts
Testimonial from Adrienne and Irvine Rea regarding costaluz lawyers - 12 posts
Community apartment ,who pays water damage - 9 posts
Android TV Boxes Supplier in Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Hola! Newbie looking to move to Gran Canaria - 0 posts
IKEA - 2 posts
ILLEGAL SQUATTERS - 26 posts
Late starter for a Spanish mortgage - 16 posts
Drummer wanted - 0 posts
This is the latest police advice to visitors in Spain: - 0 posts
Villa Rental Southern Spain (Costa Calida region) - 0 posts
HELP - LOOKING FOR NEW BUSINESSES - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Beach Fuengirola - 0 posts
Hi all newbie er - 5 posts
Club House - 2 posts
Hi All - 0 posts
Hire a car for the Month of May for €100.... - 1 posts
Month rental - 1 posts
HACIANDA DEL ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 3 posts
Ceiling fans - 2 posts
Long Term Rental rules and advice - 7 posts
Water heater whistles - 12 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Hola! New and moving to Spain!!(Tenerife Los cris) - 2 posts
Real Ale Orihuela Costa - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x