Health insurance for a period 3/6Months

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2017 12:30 PM by Gladwysstreet Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi. Could anybody inform me as to how I would go about obtaning health insurance for a limited stay 3/6 months whilst we rent, as way of testing the water as to locating to spain on a full time basis. I have had quotes from Bupa and Signa and they are astronomical,I couldnt believe the prices quoted.Surely those ex pats living in Spain aren't paying premiums that high.So if anybody could advise I would be most grateful.Thanking you in anticipation.

Terry Murphy

embed

Like 0      
01 Apr 2017 12:44 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Try Sanitas or DKV.  Obviously it depends whether or not you are carrying any ailments that you would have to declare upon taking out a policy.  I also believe that health insurance policies are for a whole year.  I don't know if anyone else has thoughts on this?  Other than that try some of the other Spain forums if you don't have any luck here.  I am also assuming that you are not an EU citizen/UK resident otherwise you can apply for you E111 (in the UK) for health cover which would cover you for the period you are over here.  Hope this helps.

This message was last edited by Jimbofinn on 01/04/2017.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2017 2:39 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

suggest a annual travel insurance they may do shorter stays

the EHIC (E111) will cover for emergency treatment

Like 0      
01 Apr 2017 4:14 PM by healthyannie Star rating in Teulada. 22 posts Send private message

healthyannie´s avatar

There are several companies out here which can help. Dragon insurance offers long term insurance and annual travel insurance. I am with ASSA and I think that they are good. Also check with your Spanish health authority, they may have a scheme where you can make voluntary contributions. A little bit more advice here. Contact me if you would like to. 

Cheers

Annie

Like 0      
01 Apr 2017 4:23 PM by Gladwysstreet Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Thanks for your reply I am a British Citizen  the E111 which is for emergency treatment  only I am fuuly aware of the limitations of E111 you need private insurance as in the case of Holiday insurance otherwise why would one take out insurance the.Also as regards Mwedical history ailments the quotes I have been given are not based on particular conditions but cover your whole history.Also health insurance Policies are not for a year as it obviously depends on yourlength of stayi.e as i my case 3/6 months which is the time limit I mentioned.Also you can in certain circumstances,depending on the area in Spain Join the provinces own Public Health scheme obviously for a price,

Anyway thanks for your comments

embed

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Constitutional matters in the UK - and their effects on expats. - 58 posts
PVC TRELLIS PANELS - 2 posts
sheds or other buildings - 1 posts
How long does planning permission last - 0 posts
Breathalysers in Spain - 15 posts
Canadian fluent in Spanish and English. Want to move to Spain. Will I have trouble with work? - 4 posts
Testimonial from Adrienne and Irvine Rea regarding costaluz lawyers - 12 posts
Community apartment ,who pays water damage - 9 posts
Android TV Boxes Supplier in Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Hola! Newbie looking to move to Gran Canaria - 0 posts
IKEA - 2 posts
ILLEGAL SQUATTERS - 26 posts
Late starter for a Spanish mortgage - 16 posts
Drummer wanted - 0 posts
This is the latest police advice to visitors in Spain: - 0 posts
Villa Rental Southern Spain (Costa Calida region) - 0 posts
HELP - LOOKING FOR NEW BUSINESSES - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Beach Fuengirola - 0 posts
Hi all newbie er - 5 posts
Club House - 2 posts
Hi All - 0 posts
Hire a car for the Month of May for €100.... - 1 posts
Month rental - 1 posts
HACIANDA DEL ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 3 posts
Ceiling fans - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x