WHAT IS A SPANISH PROPERTY REALY WORTH

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2018 9:34 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Funniest thing I've read today. Please tell me you didn't just make it up?

laugh

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jan 2018 10:15 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Yes it’s hilarious.   You have to introduce us to this agent, they can have a real platform on here. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
11 Jan 2018 10:27 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It’s absolutely genuine word for word. Am I allowed to post the agent?.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2018 10:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Why not? They're hardly going to benefit from the free advertising, and it can't be libelous if it's their own words.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 8:49 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 1/12/2018 8:59:00 AM.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 9:11 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

What’s against forum rules?    Hope it’s not truth. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
12 Jan 2018 10:24 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Maybe the agent advertises on EOS?

"To buy a property in Spain you must register an interest through an authorized agent such as ourselves". Fascinating statement. Apart from being basically BS...authorised by whom? According to their blurb (kindly sent to me by PM to avoid censorship - why??), they are members of a local real estate agency association - but when I checked that out, apart from not actually being listed on said "association's" list of members, it appears to me to be simply another MLS set-up. So, what? they're "authorised" to share property listings with other members, and share any resulting commission? 

A game played with a ball, some clubs and usually 18 holes. A big ball of fire in the sky. Spanish. Properties.

Ban me! laugh

This message was last edited by Roberto on 12/01/2018.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 12/01/2018.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 12:14 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

This is exactly why trusted well managed accredited schemes where "members"are accredited and regulated is a great way forward with longer term benefits that improve consumer trust ( and encourage economic growth) in the Spanish real estate industry, instead of the downward spiral of allowing "cowboys" to ruin such prospects for the majority.

Not beyond the remit of man in this day and age and a far more civilised way forward for all in the longer term.

Never say never!!!

This message was last edited by ads on 12/01/2018.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 2:10 PM by BigAl2015 Star rating. 194 posts Send private message

Roberto

I think you should share the PM with the EOS moderators and if it looks like these agents are untrustworthy they should publish the name of the company on here.

If they do not we would then have to question their impartiality????

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 2:37 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The PM was the same email that was already posted, it just included the agent's name. I presume that was what was edited out by the mods ("against forum rules")

So, ads, are you saying you're in favour of agents claiming to be "members" of allegedly accredited schemes, even if there's no evidence of membership, and even where said scheme has no official "authorisation" " anyway?

By the way, I am a member of EOS, and as such am fully accredited and authorised to spout whatever sarcastic nonsense I feel like. 

Confused!

Mark Twain

Like 1      
12 Jan 2018 9:35 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

WHAT IS A PROPERTY WORTH 

The ANSWER is as MUCH AS SOMEONE is prepared to PAY 

I thought that was PRETTY OBVIOUS

I do wish PEOPLE would just EDUCATE THEMSELVES very EMBARRASING

Love Hugh xx

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 10:04 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

“So, ads, are you saying you're in favour of agents claiming to be "members" of allegedly accredited schemes, even if there's no evidence of membership, and even where said scheme has no official "authorisation" " anyway?”

Not at all Roberto.....for years now I have been trying to bring attention to the need for reform.

Sadly in Spain there appears to be a distinct lack of transparency and willingness to establish TRUSTED, WELL MONITORED AND EFFECTIVE reporting and monitoring structures with regulatory powers in place to eradicate/ deter malpractice from wherever it emanates and better protect innocent consumers against continuing abuse in Spain.

As others have frequently observed, the current structure appears to be failing to prevent abuse at source, preferring to litigate after the event rather than focus on closing loopholes that “ allow” abuse to occur in the first place, failing to seek out effective regulatory accredited mechanisms to ensure greater accountability and accuracy of information in the market place. 

In short the Spanish Govt should be looking to best practice and aiming for workable regulatory jurisdictions and effective complaints procedures that have the potential to provide far greater consumer protection.

This message was last edited by ads on 12/01/2018.

Like 1      
12 Jan 2018 10:28 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

The SPANISH are a BROWN ENVELOPE nation that will NEVER change once you accept the MENTALITY and DRIVERS only then you can hope to reduce the CONTAGION effect and hopefully DODGE the PLETHORA  potholes

the following quote sums up the SITUATION we all face/faced

Let's take a candid and totally prejudiced look at the Spanish people, tongue firmly in cheek, and.foreigners come into contact (conflict), it concerns official business and results in a profusion of confrontations and misunderstandings (few foreigners can fathom the Spanish psyche) and does little to cement relations.

Love Hugh xx

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 10:36 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Man you got to love the hughjardon comments when they come along. He makes more sense than Donald trump.  That’s what I think anyhoo 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 11:07 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Some would equally suggest the following...

“the economy (and all those parts of our life that depend on it) require coordination. For this coordination to happen, people need some assurance that their agreements will generally be honored, and that there will be predictable consequences when they aren't. Contract enforcement is an important part of any legal system, and rule of law means that it will be done in a consistent way. This consistency is required to have large amounts of cooperation and trade (which is necessary to expand productivity and so to have a wealthy economy).”

Without consistent rules and “ civilised order” it may be argued therefore that ALL suffer in the longer term.

Time will tell of course, but I wouldn’t wish longer term economic hardship on Spanish  citizens who IMHO deserve better from their leaders ( as do we all for that matter)!!

Each to their own.

Have a good weekend all.... 🙂

Like 0      
12 Jan 2018 11:42 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I agree Ads. 

Can I respectfully add that contract requires a framework to be set, and honoured.   

When contracts are set in a way that is not equal to a fair and equitable (and accountable) lawful structure, they are simply sales documents that can later be looked on as 'well this is spain'.  

Theres the rub

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
13 Jan 2018 11:19 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I think EOS is mainly a British expat forum. It would be interesting to know what Spanish Nationals think about what we consider ‘’uncivilised’’ consumer protection. Perhaps the subject of ‘’bank guarantees, Spiv estate agents, corrupt developers, corrupt civil servants & politicians, lame legal system’’ don’t really affect their daily lives or they are content with the way things are.

If that is possibly the case, how will anything ever change?.

Like 1      
13 Jan 2018 12:08 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Good question and I wonder if because we have experienced a relatively civilised system in the UK ( still room for improvement however) and see the benefits from greater security and regulatory order that we recognise how others could equally benefit. That there is a  better way to control corruption and abuse, that if left unaddressed acts as a cancer on society.

It's not from a stance of arrogance or  an attempt to control ( as per a dictatorship) that this is born, it's born from witnessing a good balance that has the potential to enhance people's lives and better control abuse of power, abuse born from unaccountability and lack of care for our fellow man from those who, for whatever reason, lack the conscience or will to strive for a better system. 

By emulating best practice (i.e. to be willing to learn from the mistakes of others),  instead of constantly reinventing  the wheel  by patching up loopholes in the  system, which in turn have  negative knock on effects on "innocents" elsewhere, appears a crazy  and ineffective way to  proceed. 

But equally worrying is that this knock on effect has the potential to undermine cohesion and harmony.

There is a better way out there....

This message was last edited by ads on 13/01/2018.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2018 12:20 PM by Spanishpunter Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

uncivilised’’ consumer protection, Spiv estate agents, corrupt developers, corrupt civil servants & politicians, lame legal system’’

This could describe UK in the 50's 60's and even 70's so it is just that we are a little ahead of Spain in our economc and social development 
Even more recently it took the UK Banks a long time to accept laibility for PPI and UK builders frequently go bust leaving people in the lurch. Another example of flat investment sales with guaranteed rental income which were overpriced, never let and when guaranteed rentals end found to be vacant and over rented.
So whilst a lot of criticism is justified Spain is now at least moving in the right direction, slowly it has to be said and the Banks are playing the system as they do everywhere and future buyers, provided they are sensible, will be protected

Like 1      
13 Jan 2018 12:36 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

The conveyancing system in Spain has become too litigious, so the protection that you speak of comes at great cost to many, after the event. 

So long as these loopholes exist, and without regulatory structures and trusted accreditation mechanisms in place, then the door sadly remains open to abuse and further corrupt elements.

Also the Bar Association and GJC ( General council of judiciary) do not at present appear to be actively addressing the many problem areas that have significantly compromised purchasers in Spain. Nor do they appear to have been sufficiently proactive in striving for adequate resources that in turn are impacting the rule of law in Spain in the form of abusive delays and inconsistent rulings, adherence to due diligence etc....

The net relating to protection runs far wider than many envisage I'm afraid. 

This message was last edited by ads on 13/01/2018.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity costs - 21 posts
Getting Eu registration certificate if working part-time - 10 posts
My Offer has been accepted - 109 posts
towing in Spain - 3 posts
Sevilla v Leicester football tickets - 0 posts
Having second thoughts - 9 posts
ICE CREAM VAN SALES - 8 posts
Resident of daya vieja - 3 posts
Expenses when selling in Spain - 2 posts
Internet and TV in Mijas Pueblo - 4 posts
Trellis on top of wall - 4 posts
Access to Spain Public Health for pensioners in Spain - 4 posts
Deadline for declaration of UK rent - 1 posts
HACIANDA DEL ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 3 posts
Solar energy - 22 posts
Hidralia - 5 posts
Fibre optic service - 3 posts
Unpaid Community Fees (again) - 18 posts
Driving Spanish Car - worried advice please - 3 posts
Hello, new and want help already! - 4 posts
Doanting your hosue to your son/daughter in Murcia? - 0 posts
Court case delay - 30 posts
POA set up in the UK - 6 posts
moving to Spain - 25 posts
removals and where to buy a decent 2nd hand car - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 84

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x