towing in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2017 5:08 PM by ronski1946 Star rating in currently the UK but.... 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I am looking to drive to Spain in May and would prefer to drive my Ford Ranger truck and tow another car behind me on a A frame towing system so that I have a smaller car for daily use. Is it legal to drive in France and Spain using this type of A frame towing and steering device as it is a solid connection with my towbar? Any help is appreciated.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2017 6:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ron see my PM to you

Like 0      
18 Feb 2017 7:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I read on the N332  page that A frames are illegal to use in Sapin.

Mark

Like 0      
14 Mar 2017 12:15 PM by robertt8696 Star rating in Midlands, UK. 479 posts Send private message

Ronski, this is a problem usually peculier to owning a motorhome as many tow a small car behind their vehicle for the purposes you mention. In most countries of the EU an A-frame is totally illegal for any use, so motorhomers use a trailer for towing the vehicle. My personal opinion is that it is just too much hassle dragging such a combination long distance behind the motorhome, and i have a cycle on a cycle carrier. Another option is a small folding scooter (what used to be termed a moped) which stows into a small area and will get you about , and is probably the best bet, as you will find parking in large Spanish towns a pain, whereas you can leave a scooter in a scooter parkspace quite easily.

This type of scooter can often be found on Ebay, search for Di Blasi scooter.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sevilla v Leicester football tickets - 0 posts
Having second thoughts - 9 posts
ICE CREAM VAN SALES - 8 posts
Resident of daya vieja - 3 posts
Expenses when selling in Spain - 2 posts
Internet and TV in Mijas Pueblo - 4 posts
Trellis on top of wall - 4 posts
Access to Spain Public Health for pensioners in Spain - 4 posts
Deadline for declaration of UK rent - 1 posts
HACIANDA DEL ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 3 posts
Solar energy - 22 posts
Hidralia - 5 posts
Fibre optic service - 3 posts
Unpaid Community Fees (again) - 18 posts
Driving Spanish Car - worried advice please - 3 posts
Hello, new and want help already! - 4 posts
Doanting your hosue to your son/daughter in Murcia? - 0 posts
Court case delay - 30 posts
POA set up in the UK - 6 posts
moving to Spain - 25 posts
removals and where to buy a decent 2nd hand car - 5 posts
Ownership Of Property And Marriage - 4 posts
deposit- yes or no - 5 posts
Dual nationality - 8 posts
harley16 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x