removals and where to buy a decent 2nd hand car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2017 1:55 PM by coedcoch Star rating in north wales(for now). 16 posts Send private message

good afternoon,does anyone know of a good removals company that they have used and recommend,also would like to know where to buy a decent 2nd hand car..in the tortosa area

Like 0      
04 Feb 2017 2:08 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Coles Transport, Banbury. We used them ourselves and can recommend 100%.

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2017 5:09 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Can't personally recommend a removal company, but you should get more than one quote. I would always prefer to deal with a company who can send someone round to assess what I want to ship (rather than guess or go on my own description) and also so I can judge how professional they seem, so would look for a company with a local branch. A quick Google turned up Knightmovers who are based in N.Wales and ship to Spain, so may be worth starting there.

As for 2nd hand cars, unless there are any forum members in or near your area (don't think there are) then again Google is probably your best bet, or the Spanish equivalents of Autotrader (such as autoscout) There are also a couple of LHD dealers in the UK (down south though - Basingstoke for one) who seem to have OK reputations. But unless you buy a car already on Spanish plates, you'll need to factor in the cost of re-registering it in Spain.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Feb 2017 11:07 PM by coedcoch Star rating in north wales(for now). 16 posts Send private message

thanks,will contact Knightmovers to get another quote(have one already)...probably better to wait until we have moved before getting a car,

Like 0      
05 Feb 2017 2:09 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

I posted on Jan 19 asking for advice on buying a 2nd hand pickup but got no replies.

I ended up buying a VW Caddy MPV from Hertz last week. They rotate their inventory every year and mine was 10 months old with 20k km. Looks brand new. You've got to be 25 to rent and they aren't particularly cheap, so you don't get the same riff raff that use Gold Car, etc thrashing their cars.* They have cars available all over Spain. I picked up mine from Madrid airport but it could as easily have been Malaga. You rent the car for 5 days - this lets you take it home and try it out. After 5 days you either return it or whack the cash in their bank account. If you buy, they refund the rental, and they pay for transfer, warranty, etc. Very painless. 

* Just kidding!

Like 1      
05 Feb 2017 8:26 PM by coedcoch Star rating in north wales(for now). 16 posts Send private message

thanks for the advice,probably will buy in spain,will have a good look around

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ownership Of Property And Marriage - 4 posts
deposit- yes or no - 5 posts
Dual nationality - 8 posts
harley16 - 1 posts
Lost money on Spanish off-plan property - 22 posts
A week away - 12 posts
Bank Tax or charges - 3 posts
Mortgage associated costs - 0 posts
Mortgage floor cap - 7 posts
Problem with an Insurance Claim - 4 posts
Painter Wanted between 8th to 13th Feb - 0 posts
Donald Trump immigration ban - 159 posts
First post. I am a cyclist and would like to know what the law for dog attacks - 7 posts
Clausula Suelo - 25 posts
Help - looking to move to south of Spain - 5 posts
Question re interest payments re Ley 58/68 and AVALS - 6 posts
I am a spanish teacher and i just started my new youTube channel - suggestions? - 5 posts
Contemplating the Big Move!! - 22 posts
Anyone looking for a solicitor in Spain? Check Costaluz Lawyers out. - 0 posts
Maria and Costa Luz Lawyers - 0 posts
Steps for Claims on Floor Clauses in Mortgage contracts - 26 posts
Do i need to be registered to be a key holder?? - 12 posts
Finding the best mortgage - 2 posts
Iberia beckons - 3 posts
Speeding Notification asking for Driver ID - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x