Access to Spain Public Health for pensioners in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2017 2:14 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Anyone who is in receipt of a UK state pension, long-term incapacity benefit or bereavement benefit is eligible for the same medical treatment as a local in Spain.

You need to register for this:

1.- Get a S1 form from the International Pension Centre

2.- Fill it in and bring it, along with your Registration Certificate (Certificado de registro) and your local resident certificate (Certificado de Empadronamiento), and passport to your local INSS ( Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social) office. They will issue you with an accreditation to take to your local health centre.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 2      
09 Feb 2017 7:23 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

mariadecastro

Good post

The S1 form is not just for pensioners or long-term incapacity benefit or bereavement benefit .

For example if a UK national who is working in the UK paying NI etc. and resident of the UK who has dependants (partner and children) residing in Spain the S1 would covver that persons dependants for health care in Spain and I beleive the application form is the same

Like 1      
10 Feb 2017 9:12 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you need to know, See here:-    http://healthcareinspain.eu/living-in-spain/:  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2017 10:05 AM by toolman2 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you for this item, I will be 65 next year and my wife and I will be retiring to our house in Extremadura. Health care is an important issue and you have eased my concerns.

Many thanks

Gary Bradfdord

Like 0      
12 Feb 2017 1:35 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 114 posts Send private message

As soon as you apply for your S1 form in the UK you will cease to receive your "winter fuel allownce" as they deem you to have left the UK.

Not looking to start a debate, information only.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Deadline for declaration of UK rent - 1 posts
HACIANDA DEL ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 3 posts
Solar energy - 22 posts
Hidralia - 5 posts
Fibre optic service - 3 posts
Unpaid Community Fees (again) - 18 posts
Driving Spanish Car - worried advice please - 3 posts
Hello, new and want help already! - 4 posts
Doanting your hosue to your son/daughter in Murcia? - 0 posts
Court case delay - 30 posts
POA set up in the UK - 6 posts
moving to Spain - 25 posts
removals and where to buy a decent 2nd hand car - 5 posts
Ownership Of Property And Marriage - 4 posts
deposit- yes or no - 5 posts
Dual nationality - 8 posts
harley16 - 1 posts
Lost money on Spanish off-plan property - 22 posts
A week away - 12 posts
Bank Tax or charges - 3 posts
Mortgage associated costs - 0 posts
Mortgage floor cap - 7 posts
Problem with an Insurance Claim - 4 posts
Painter Wanted between 8th to 13th Feb - 0 posts
Donald Trump immigration ban - 159 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x