Life insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Aug 2016 10:12 AM by Legend Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

Hi

Is there anybody who could help.We have a mortgage with Bankia and have just received our bill for our insurance which has nearly doubled since last year.Can we use other insurance company's to get a more competitive rate.Any help would be appreciated .

regards

legend

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 10:32 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Yes and there are lots too many to mention the best guideline is to do the same as you would do in uk

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 10:46 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Check your mortgage agreement. You may find it a clause that it is tied to life insurance. Ours was tied to buildings insurance and we couldn't get out of it until we payed the mortgage off.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 10:58 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I havent got time to search for it now but I seem to remember that the EU kicked up about this tie in practice and may of well ruled against it.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 11:15 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi

Your post is slightly confusing as you talk about Life 'Insurance' and the bill for your insurance. For a start it is Life Assurance which covers the  possiblity of your premature death whereas insurance usually is for buildings and contents and other material things.

As far as giving any advice you need to read you mortgage document throughly to see if there is a clause which states that the bank has to take out the assurance and/or insurance or if you have to just have it and their interest is noted on the policies.

Whatever is U.K. law is not the same here so read your mortgage document very carefully.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 11:55 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Get some quotes then show your bank they may price match

Same as you would do in the uk shop around challenge negotiate etc etc 

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 12:17 PM by Legend Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

Many thanks for all your help

ragards

legend

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 7:18 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Steone is correct.

I too had life insurance which was linked to my mortgage. In the space of 7 years it increased from 60 to 90 euros a month. I tried to get out of paying it but NO WAY Jose. They wouldn't budge. In the end up I was in a fortunate position to pay off my mortgage. Even after that they managed to get another month out of me, as I had to give 1 months notice to cancel the insurance. Before anyone syas "they can't do it, it wrong", yes they can. I consulted a lawyer.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2016 7:54 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

It is likely that the premium level in Spain is calculated on an annual basis. This results in the increase since age each year as it arrises is the chief factor. This is often not the case in UK since there the premium is calculated on a level basis which effectively takes into account the average age of the policy term.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2016 12:52 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legend: Is it life insurance or home insurance?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Aug 2016 1:09 PM by Legend Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

01 Sep 2016 9:08 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You have of course a right to choose the Life Insurance of your choice

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Does anyone have any idea if there is buses from Alicante airport to la zenia (orihuela costa) - 1 posts
Thermocoupler - 0 posts
Long term rental property la manga club - 10 posts
Directions - 3 posts
New to Spain..Any suggestions? - 18 posts
Patio Pressure Washers - 3 posts
Moving to Spain as a maintenance caretaker - 3 posts
Identify the plot from the Nota Simple information - 3 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
safest way of sending a bankers draft from Spain to the UK - 20 posts
Lapsed planning permission - 1 posts
buying a car - 5 posts
What happens to Negative Equity in divorce? - 0 posts
Rural houses in Andalucia- Business questions - 0 posts
Habitability license - 2 posts
Realistic time frame to sell property in Murcia to upgrade? - 5 posts
Double cream in spain - 4 posts
Planning move to murcia - 3 posts
finding a reasonable priced static caravan site - 1 posts
Repsol gas bottles - 9 posts
Research on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Spanish Lessons - 29 posts
Repairs to properties within a community - 25 posts
Agents fees on a rental - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x