Rural houses in Andalucia- Business questions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2016 13:02 by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9336 posts Send private message

Legal Questions? Speak to Maria Direct

Questions and answers with a client today:

Dear xxxxxxxx:

Please have answers/comments below in bold green ( same text as your email):


El 04/08/2016 a las 13:01, xxxxxx   xxxxxxxxx escribió:
Hi María
Just a couple of questions, as we are travelling next week to start viewing properties this will affect what we are looking for in terms of bedroom numbers or self-contained accommodation.
We want to buy an inland rural house- I've done some reading but I'm still really confused as the the rules
 If we want to rent rooms out/ or offer food we have to register as a casa rural but would have to register as autonomo whereas if we rent out short term self catering accommodation we would just declare property income on our tax return. But if we rent out self-catering we are limited to just three months per year. All very confusing. Have I understood this correctly?Yes, it is confusing but you are near to understand it fully. Just if you rent the property  more than 3 months a year, you need to register the property in Andalucia Tourism Registry, which does not necessary mean you need to register as an autonomo. You just neeed to declare the VAT on a quarterly basis, specially is you are also offering lodging associated services.



I am concerned as in the early days it will take time to build business up and we would have to pay social security every month even if we are not earning. Is it an option for just me become autonomo and run the business and my partner be dependent on me? You do not need to become autonomo. Just pay the corresponsing quarterly VAT. If  so, would we both qualify for healthcare? We thought initially we could just pay for private healthcare then/and join the State convenio scheme. This sounds as the best option till the business is consolidated unless you receive a UK pension or long term sickness benefit.


I understand we would need to be married in order to afford ourselves the best legal protection and inheritance rights?  Not necessarily, in most regions you can regsiter as an union fact and enjoy same benefits. You are looking in Andalucia, correct? We can't have a civil partnership here in the UK unless we are the same sex so we are thinking we will get married before we emigrate as that will be the easiest. You can register as heterosexual civil union in Spain.
Kind regards



Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA



El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Habitability license - 2 posts
Realistic time frame to sell property in Murcia to upgrade? - 5 posts
Double cream in spain - 4 posts
Planning move to murcia - 3 posts
finding a reasonable priced static caravan site - 1 posts
Repsol gas bottles - 9 posts
Research on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Spanish Lessons - 29 posts
Repairs to properties within a community - 25 posts
Agents fees on a rental - 1 posts
Gardener needed in the Santiago De La Ribera area - 2 posts
Utility bills - 5 posts
UK Bankruptcy effects in Spain - 4 posts
Bus timetables from Formentera del segura to Alicante - 2 posts
wanted animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Corvera claims - 1 posts
Closing bank account - 18 posts
to say hello - 2 posts
HOUSE SITTIG - 0 posts
confused - 10 posts
Jean Here.. - 0 posts
Sip Card Problem - 12 posts
Mobile phone provider in Murcia region - 3 posts
Road from Bilbao to Alicante - 5 posts
why do we have to have community rules when the chosen few will not follow them - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x