Hi all

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2016 8:14 PM by Camperman49 Star rating in North wales. 2 posts Send private message

Hi all new to the site doing a lot of research regarding living in Spain I have many questions. Our friends are buying a country house with a casita they want me to do the work on both houses and when complete live their rent free but pay for utilities. I,m unsure regarding tax etc, healthcare as my wife has health problems. Do I need to register as I,m not actually earning any money so any hep would be grate full cheets

Like 0      
17 Aug 2016 8:01 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

If you reside in Spain for more than 183 days in a year you are classed as resident whether working unpaid or paid. You will need to register. As for healthcare, if you are under retirement age you would not be entitled to state healthcare and will have to take out private health insurance as you would not be covered on your EHIC card. If I am wrong on any of these points I am sure someone on here will correct me. We intended to move permanently to Spain but as my wife has developed severe health problems (but not registered disabled), since we bought our place, we have decided to stay under the 183 days per year

Like 0      
18 Aug 2016 3:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Camperman:- 

Just to clarify:-

1  If you move to Spain intending to either formally work here, or to live here for longer than a total  183 in a year,  or  make your main residence here,   then you must register on the EU Citizen Register immediately.

2   If you just come as a visitor but then stay permanently for 3 months or more you must register.

3  If you stay for 183 total in a year then you must register.

In cases 1 and 3 you are also tax resident,  and possiblly in case 2 also.

PS  You could of course lie and hope not to get caught.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/08/2016.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2016 4:04 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Do I need to register as I,m not actually earning any money

Living there rent free would be classed as a benifit in kind so to do things properly you would need to submit a tax return - 1000's wouldn't  I'm sure 

Like 0      
18 Aug 2016 4:18 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

A friend of mine who works in a charity shop is having a battle with Hacienda because they cannot understand the concept of somebody working for nothing 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

safest way of sending a bankers draft from Spain to the UK - 20 posts
Lapsed planning permission - 1 posts
buying a car - 5 posts
What happens to Negative Equity in divorce? - 0 posts
Rural houses in Andalucia- Business questions - 0 posts
Habitability license - 2 posts
Realistic time frame to sell property in Murcia to upgrade? - 5 posts
Double cream in spain - 4 posts
Planning move to murcia - 3 posts
finding a reasonable priced static caravan site - 1 posts
Repsol gas bottles - 9 posts
Research on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Spanish Lessons - 29 posts
Repairs to properties within a community - 25 posts
Agents fees on a rental - 1 posts
Gardener needed in the Santiago De La Ribera area - 2 posts
Utility bills - 5 posts
UK Bankruptcy effects in Spain - 4 posts
Bus timetables from Formentera del segura to Alicante - 2 posts
wanted animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Corvera claims - 1 posts
Closing bank account - 18 posts
to say hello - 2 posts
HOUSE SITTIG - 0 posts
confused - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x