Repsol gas bottles

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Aug 2016 7:20 PM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

This may be a silly question but struggling to find somewhere to buy repsol gas bottles, we have 3 in total, 2 are empty the other is being used for our hot water boiler and gas hob. Want to get the other 2 replaced, what should we be looking out for ? Have tired local petrol stations but no joy.

We live in Santiago De La Ribera

Thanks in advance 👍🏼

Like 0      
13 Aug 2016 7:25 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

13 Aug 2016 9:21 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

You take the empty ones and exchange for full - the cost is around 12€ for a 12,5 kg size 

Like 1      
13 Aug 2016 9:27 PM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info much appreciated only been here a few days 👍

Like 1      
18 Aug 2016 4:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Team GB I must move to where you live. I bought gas last week,  and I just bought another 12.5 kg gas from a repsol garage,    it was 14.10 euros each time.

Kevin I guess you know you have to have a bottle to exchange, you cannot just buy a full one.    You should have a contract with Repsol for the number of bottles you require,  but you can also usually buy empty ones at boot sales. The price used to be about 15 €

Like 1      
18 Aug 2016 4:49 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The price of the 12.5kg 'bomba' is regulated by the government and was reduced in price last month - I get mine direct from the repsol lorry that calls weekly - maybe the service stations can charge slightly more or hadn't reduced the price

Like 0      
18 Aug 2016 4:58 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

19th July price reduced to 11.27€ max

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/price-gas-bottles-repsol-and-galp-down-again/

​​

Like 0      
19 Aug 2016 8:16 AM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Yes realised you need an empty bottle for exchange similar to what you do in UK, have purchased 2 bottles now, one from a Repsol garage and one from Spa each one was almost €14 

Like 0      
02 Sep 2016 5:16 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

I recently went through quite a trek to get an extra bottle.

For some reason, the previous owner of my house left us one Repsol bottle and one Cepsa.

There is a petrol station near my house that sells Repsol, but the nearest Cepsa place is quite some way.

So idealy I would have liked to have two Repsol bottles. The neighbours told me that it's no problem, just go to the petrol station and but an extra bottle, bring the empty Cepsa bottle back to the Cepsa place and get the deposit.

It turned out neither operation was that simple.

The Repsol place said I had to get a contarct from a Repsol office. they told me the nearest office was in Alicante city, but by accident I discovered there is one in Campello which is far closer. So i went there and they modified the contract for me, but it turned out i couldn't just load up a bottle and take it home. The truck had to deliver it to me and as they couldn't tell me what time the truck would be coming this meant staying home all morning.

Then geting riod of the Cepsa one wasn't  that easy either. The guy at the station said no, he couldn't just exchange it for the deposit as he wasn't allowed. I even offered to leave it for free but he said I can't do that either as it's illegal. So I actually ended up exchanging it for another full bottle to keep as a spare and thus postpone solving that particular problem.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2016 5:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Maybe a pity you did not post here first. 

You will usually find gas bottle ar boot sales.  I have found the going price for an emply Repsol one  to be around 15 euros. Maybe you could do some sort of deal to get rid of the Cepsa one at a boot sale. 

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Research on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Spanish Lessons - 29 posts
Repairs to properties within a community - 25 posts
Agents fees on a rental - 1 posts
Gardener needed in the Santiago De La Ribera area - 2 posts
Utility bills - 5 posts
UK Bankruptcy effects in Spain - 4 posts
Bus timetables from Formentera del segura to Alicante - 2 posts
wanted animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Corvera claims - 1 posts
Closing bank account - 18 posts
to say hello - 2 posts
HOUSE SITTIG - 0 posts
confused - 10 posts
Jean Here.. - 0 posts
Sip Card Problem - 12 posts
Mobile phone provider in Murcia region - 3 posts
Road from Bilbao to Alicante - 5 posts
why do we have to have community rules when the chosen few will not follow them - 23 posts
NIE certificate period of validity. - 1 posts
One-off tenant in propoerty, is it worth it? - 4 posts
Selling property in Spain. - 2 posts
Very sensible petition on Air conditioning requirement in Andalucia tourist properties - 0 posts
New reductions for IHT in Andalucía- July 2016 - 6 posts
La alcaidesa - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x