Renfe train tickets

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Apr 2016 7:00 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

Our local train station man does not speak any English. On looking at the trains timetable prices vary a lot. It looks like it is easy to book tickets online with the English version of Renfe. Has anyone tried this and do you need to print tickets or can you save them to a phone? Thank you

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 8:40 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

I do not think you can save them to your phone but print them out instead. Renfe site below and two alternative websites for you.

https://www.trenes.com/

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

https://loco2.com/

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 9:47 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Nikid

Renfre's own website allows you to get so far in English, it does seem to resolve back to Spanish as you proceed towards payment. When you say 'English Version' if you mean the agent in London they will charge you a lot more.

Recently I went to Barcelona from Malaga and although I felt confident enough with the online process in the end I went to our local travel agent to complete the booking as there was four of us and we wanted a table in a specific coach - they only charged 5€ extra for doing this and printed the tickets out for us.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 12:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You can get your tickets on your mobile using an app called Passbook - you'll get a confirmation e-mail when you book via renfe.com giving you a link to download the app, and another e-mail from which you can print your ticket as a PDF. It also looks like if you install Renfe's app on your phone, you can book & access your tickets directly from their app, but I haven't tried it so am not 100% certain:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.renfe.wsm&hl=en_GB

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 5:45 PM by JuliaStein Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

JuliaStein´s avatar

I've always used printed tickets, and everything was clear. But I saw girl using her smartphone to pass to train, and now I want the same. Is it a special app? Can my Android phone do that? 

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 5:58 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I've had a look at google play store via Roberto's link below and yes it does appear you can load your tickets onto your phone and scan them at the entry point.

If your android phone is registered with google play it will tell you if the app is compatable with your device when downloading

Like 1      
20 Apr 2016 6:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

If you send me a PM with your name, address, DOB and full credit card details, I'll do it all for you! cheeky I'll even take the trip for you if you like.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 6:50 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

No doubt Tony can process the payment laugh

Like 1      
20 Apr 2016 7:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Funny you should say that! Our Tony (alledgedly) used to be involved in some credit card cloning scheme.....according to local bar talk :-)

Mark Twain

Like 1      
22 Apr 2016 5:49 PM by JuliaStein Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

JuliaStein´s avatar

Thank you for the answer. Fortunately, my gadget is able to do such things

Like 0      
23 Apr 2016 7:46 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Hi, We are back in the u.k at the moment and my partner booked us a couple of tickets using the Renfe site last week. Barcelona to Valencia for the end of April, and all went smoothly.

As others have mentioned you can get the site in English but as you get nearer to handing over payment details it switches to Spanish - so it helps if you have a grasp.

They do offer an app to download ticket to your device - but we opted to print the ticket.

We did notice that if you try to book over a month in advance there are no tickets offered ( we tried making this April booking in early March and couldn't  get any train details) - but trying last week ( April 12th) it worked o.k.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2016 9:58 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your replies,really good xx

Like 0      
24 Apr 2016 10:16 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

costrad

I wonder if the reason you could not book one month ahead from March to April was because timetables change from winter to summer a bit like airlines

Maybe if you tried to book in April for a month ahead it might work

Don't know either way but just athought

Like 0      
24 Apr 2016 8:31 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Tadd1966:

Yes, probably the case with winter/summer schedules. Not too in tune with train stuff as I don't really like train travel, but my partner likes the rails!

I agreed to give it a try this time - we shall see the outcome.

Like 0      
13 May 2016 3:35 PM by billetesave Star rating in Madrid. 1 posts Send private message

If you wat more information about the hight speed railways in Spain, ask me.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Case won against Banks in Eurohouse developments - 7 posts
Laura Perth - 3 posts
Victory against Eurohouse banks - 0 posts
Gill - 19 posts
starting off in the sun - 5 posts
Wanting to move to Majorca from UK within the next few months - 8 posts
Ley 57/68 - 26 posts
Uk car in Spain - 4 posts
sparky required - 0 posts
entities - 11 posts
spanish mortgages - 26 posts
IBI Uprating - 8 posts
Transfer of ownership of a motor vechicle not done by Garage(Buyer) - 8 posts
Newbies help - 0 posts
Looking for a second hand 7 seater/jeep - 0 posts
Very Small Dog wanted. - 1 posts
Solicitor - 85 posts
long term rental - 6 posts
IBI number for payment of property tax - 3 posts
new to eye on spain - 19 posts
IHT REFUNDS - 2 posts
Andrew - 9 posts
Spain to Stop Siestas - 54 posts
Budgeting for Living - 5 posts
Panama Papers, tax evaders - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x