IBI number for payment of property tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2016 1:26 PM by Gary001 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

How do I find out my IBI number? Can I go to the local town hall and mention the address and get them to issue me with the IBI and tax payable?

I haven't received any bills and read online that one needs to request the bill from the town hall.

Please help!

Thank you,

Gary

Like 0      
08 Apr 2016 1:43 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Do you have a solicitor or a fiscal rep? Someone that handles your taxes and so on?

If you give a named representative, the bill will go to them. If you haven't then the bill should come directly to you. In either case the bill should be sent out. Check with your town hall if you don't receive one.

In our region the tax is collected by SUMA on behalf of the town hall and we can check with them. Due in Sept or Oct time in this area.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2016 2:41 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Here on the Costa del Sol (Mijas Costa) they don't send them out - you have to go and ask for it - deadline to pay here without penalty is sometime in November

Like 0      
08 Apr 2016 5:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Assuming you have recently purchased the propoerty?

Is it a new build? It's possible the town hall haven't got round to issuing IBI bills for the property yet (that doesn't mean you won't have to pay it!). Do you not have a copy of the last bill paid by the previous owner? You (or your legal representative) should have seen it before purchasing, to ensure IBI was paid up to date. 

The "IBI" number you're looking for is basically the "referencia catastral", which can be found on your escritura (or copia simple - the deed). Take that to the town hall to show that you are the owner, and if there is a bill pending they should be able to give it to you.

Whoever is the owner of the property on January 1st is liable for the IBI in that calendar year. Bit daft, as the bills aren't usually issued until the autumn.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new to eye on spain - 19 posts
IHT REFUNDS - 2 posts
Andrew - 9 posts
Spain to Stop Siestas - 54 posts
Budgeting for Living - 5 posts
Panama Papers, tax evaders - 4 posts
private hire drivers in marbella - 5 posts
UK Vehicle and Driving License check on-line, as used by Spanish Police - 9 posts
Mojon Hills, Isla Plana-Looking for tutors for high school English and Math - 0 posts
Spanish legal fees - taken all of our Interest on deposit - 42 posts
flight insurance - 25 posts
Argentinian Butcher - 1 posts
Cleaning - 7 posts
I need good quality legal advice - 4 posts
Route Stop-over - 0 posts
CREMATION COSTS - 15 posts
Mobile roadside speed detection. - 7 posts
WANTED TO RENT UNFURNISHED VILLA/CORTIJO - 0 posts
Pool builder wanted in Murcia - 2 posts
Free healthcare in Spain? - 7 posts
Pregnant- worried about food hygiene in Seville- advice plz - 9 posts
Leak in apartment - 26 posts
Olvera - 1 posts
Employment Advice - 5 posts
RECORD GO car hire, Alicante Airport - 30 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x